Davide BCC vs BDC

Are you guys talking about the Kanger Protanks when you use the abbreviation KPT? If so, I have the original Protank and the Protank 3. There is a big difference between the airflow on those. The original has a tighter draw than the Protank 3. The EVODS fall in the middle when it comes to airflow. The Protank 3 and the EVOD Glass can use the single coils. I do not have the mini versions of the protanks.

Edited by BirdDog

Are you guys talking about the Kanger Protanks when you use the abbreviation KPT? If so, I have the original Protank and the Protank 3. There is a big difference between the airflow on those. The original has a tighter draw than the Protank 3. The EVODS fall in the middle when it comes to airflow. The Protank 3 and the EVOD Glass can use the single coils. I do not have the mini versions of the protanks.

Sweet-Vapes shows the Pro-Tank 3 as "Discontinued" and on Discount Vapers Erics notes say he was able to use a single coil in the KPT 3 but it leaked some and it was not designed for use with them.

LOL why do I have to be so basic and why does everything have to change when there is obviously a market for these? I think in the end I am going to order more standard Davides to put up while Discount has them in stock or just wait till I can no longer use the ones I have and replace them then. I have about a dozen of the Mini Davides I like but the capacity is too small and I have to refill too much. 3ml capacity is a must, anything less than that I do not want.

I am one that "finds what works and sticks with it" but in vaping its hard because it seems everything I like goes away. Fuzion Vapor closes and I will quit vaping.

Sweet-Vapes shows the Pro-Tank 3 as "Discontinued" and on Discount Vapers Erics notes say he was able to use a single coil in the KPT 3 but it leaked some and it was not designed for use with them.

LOL why do I have to be so basic and why does everything have to change when there is obviously a market for these? I think in the end I am going to order more standard Davides to put up while Discount has them in stock or just wait till I can no longer use the ones I have and replace them then. I have about a dozen of the Mini Davides I like but the capacity is too small and I have to refill too much. 3ml capacity is a must, anything less than that I do not want.

I am one that "finds what works and sticks with it" but in vaping its hard because it seems everything I like goes away. Fuzion Vapor closes and I will quit vaping.

I am not sure what Sweet-Vapes is up to by discontinuing a bunch of devices. Maybe they are moving away from the standards and going the route of more complicated devices. I use the single coils in the KPT3 and leaking hasn't been a problem, same with the EVOD glass. The original KPT and EVOD leaks.

I understand your dilemma. Pretty much in the same boat as you. I fear that my basic tanks are going to disappear and I will need to move on. I like being able to switch between the single and dual coil options. The change in batteries I can deal with. I did buy an iStick and really like it. I may start phasing out the spinners. However, I will be frustrated if all batteries go the TC route.

Bird Dog when I find something I like I just need to stock up on it. I am very loyal to Sweet-Vapes as they have gone so far above and beyond for me in the past and after probably over 100 orders they are the only vendor that has not screwed something up. I try to buy all my equipment from them. When I was emailing with Dayna last night she said they discontinue the products that move so slowly they cannot buy them in the volume needed to turn a small profit. When I ordered 4 Davides about 6 months ago they had 1 left and they still had it so she is sending it to me free so there is one extra.

Im not sure what I will do except be careful with my current tanks. I can see buying about a dozen of them for the future then Kanger stops making single coils the way my luck with vape gear goes. I have made the decision to buy nothing. I have two Davides and my wife has 2 plus the one Dayna is sending me gives me a backup. I have a whole bag of 0-rings and 5 replacement glasses so I should be good for a while.

I have no idea what Temperature Control does (nor do I care) but I am with you. If the simplicity is removed so will vapers in general. People that switch to vaping are wanting ease and "plug and play" so to speak. I have smokers tell me all the time they would not do what I do when they see me simply filling a tank much less sorting through all the advanced stuff. Sure it needs to be available for advanced vapers but some of us advanced vapers still like simple things.

I do love my IStick 50w but only for battery life. I vape 1.8ohm @ 7.6w and never touch the settings but 3-4 days of battery life is sick. I thought 24-28 hours on my Spinner 2s was good lol.

I actually agree with you. I would kill for a nice upgrade to a simple tank/coil combo like the kpt or divide.  I use them all the time and was surprised when SV stopped carrying them (i've used SV for over 2 years myself with only an occasional venture to another vendor).  I can't believe the kpt mini is being phased out. 

Where to go? Back to evod? No way. I hate plastic now, lol.  Love the performance of the nautilus but don't like the high coil cost. 

There HAS to be a market for the simple tank/coil combo. Part of it may be I haven't researched it enough.

Temp Control is here to stay. It will become simpler and more standard bit that's a ways off.

The EVOD has a glass version now. It still has aluminum exterior, but the inside tank is glass. It also comes with a removable drip tip that is metal, not plastic. It is much easier to clean now that the top comes off.

The EVOD-2??

The EVOD-2??

No there is the original EVOD, EVOD 2 and the EVOD Glass. The EVOD 2 has the plastic tank, but the mouthpiece is metal and can be removed. I had one of these, nice but the plastic tank finally degraded. I only use the glass versions now. The EVOD 2 also uses the dual and single coils.

Edited by BirdDog

No there is the original EVOD, EVOD 2 and the EVOD glass. The EVOD 2 has the plastic tank, but the mouthpiece is metal and can be removed. I had one of these, nice but the plastic tank finally degraded. I only use the glass versions now.

Got ya I have the EVOD2 with the removable mouth piece 

I always thought the evod was a decent substitute for the kpt but didn't quite make up for it fully. 

Ive rebuilt nautilus coils with minor sucess but they are tougher to rebuild than kpt. That does defer some costs but now I only see the BVC and I can't rebuild those....yet. Haha

I am not a rebuilder. I might learn if KPT singles go away and I cannot find an acceptable substitute. Another thing I no longer like is an Ego connection and prefer the way a 510 fits on my Istick.

As far as I go I am going to nurse my Davides and see how long I can make them last. Actually with plenty of O-rings and extra glass (havent broken one yet) unless I drop one in the lake or completely destroy it I guess they will last a very long time if not forever?

My requirements for a tank are

510 connection

Glass

3ml minimum capacity

ability to use KPT single coils

Looser draw

The Davides fit every one of those categories lol

My dream simple rig:

3ml capacity (I'll take 2.5)

No wider than ego battery

Good airflow or adjustable

Simple coil rebuild

Slightly more wick capacity

....in other wwords.... A mini davide lol

Another thing I no longer like is an Ego connection and prefer the way a 510 fits on my Istick.

^^Yes! I really like the EVOD tank and size, but I am growing tired of the eGo connection. It will become harder to find a battery with that connection in the future. The adapter works well but it is just more wear and tear on the connections. If I leave the adapter on and install a 510 type tank, it makes it unbalanced and weird. There is also the problem of misplacing the adapter or forgetting it all together. I did this! Packed up my gear and forgot the adapter. I had one usable tank for the iStick for 3 days. Ugh!

IIRC, comp sells(or sold in the past) custom KP coils which lasts longer than factory stock? That may be the way to go if older factory KP coils are hard to come by, and more expensive to source if you do find them. 

NM, BC was looking for Aspire coils got confused with Evods and KPTs. My bad. :)

Edited by iQuit

Places may stop selling the KPT minis and original KPT due to lack of sales on the basic-style stuff, but I don't think they'll stop producing the single-coil BCC heads anytime soon.  There is just too big of a market out there with the EVOD/EVOD2 starter kits, and the existing KPT, KPT2, KPT2-mini, and all the other tanks that use those coils (like the Davide).

I've tried to use the single coils in my KPT3-minis and Aerotanks, but I've had mixed results with leaking/flooding/gurgling, so now, I just use the BDC heads and buy them in bulk (last box was $42/50-count, which is $0.84 cents each?).  When I do want a single-coil in my Aerotanks, I just rebuild a dual-head and only put a single-coil into it.. it works just fine that way.  I have maybe 20 single coils left, and only two KPT2's, so I'll be good for another year... then I'll probably PIF those and buy a couple more Aerotanks for my traveling companions?

IIRC, comp sells(or sold in the past) custom KP coils which lasts longer than factory stock? That may be the way to go if older factory KP coils are hard to come by, and more expensive to source if you do find them. 

NM, BC was looking for Aspire coils got confused with Evods and KPTs. My bad. :)

Yes I still sell rebuilt KPT heads.

I've tried to use the single coils in my KPT3-minis and Aerotanks, but I've had mixed results with leaking/flooding/gurgling, so now, I just use the BDC heads and buy them in bulk (last box was $42/50-count, which is $0.84 cents each?).  When I do want a single-coil in my Aerotanks, I just rebuild a dual-head and only put a single-coil into it.. it works just fine that way.  I have maybe 20 single coils left, and only two KPT2's, so I'll be good for another year... then I'll probably PIF those and buy a couple more Aerotanks for my traveling companions?

I tried rebuilding KPT heads but I just could not. Too small for me to work with and I refuse to wear loupe glasses to see what I am doing. lol I bought replacement heads in bulk too. Those places that used to sell them only sell 5-packs nowadays, but I have not really been looking for them lately so other might still be selling them in bulk.

I found a stash of them awhile back and gave to my sister-in-law. She use them in STM I gave her and turned the mini into an improved Aerotank mega. I found out a while back that you could use those coils in STM after seeing this Video. It works and she is happy with it.

But the KPT 3 will use KPT single coils?

Yes, the KPT 3 can use single coils. I've been using singles on mine since the KPT 3 first came out with no more leaking than what I get with a Davide. Of course, YMMV but I doubt you'll have much trouble.

Also, Comp does sell rebuilt KPT coils with organic cotton. In my opinion, they work better, last longer, and give better flavor than the "originals".  :)

I haven't had problems finding the single Kanger coils.  JuiceMafia (more expensive there, though, a couple dollars per pack more), Vapor Beast - um, last time I ordered I got them from Vapor Beast, Sweet Vapes has them.  I used to get them at 101vape.com, but the last few times I went there they were out of stock (and shipping there is only $2).  Where are you having trouble finding them?

I'm just not a fan of dual coil, which is why I never made the leap.

Edited by spydre

Coils are not an issue, a decent tank that still uses them is. I order coils in 50 count cases and get them for about 75 cents each at sweet-vapes. I may could save a few cents on them but I'll pay a little extra to do business with a place I trust. If they don't have it I probably don't need it lol.

• 11 months later...
在 在2015/8/14 at AM2点06分, bcartervol98 说:

Bird Dog when I find something I like I just need to stock up on it. I am very loyal to Sweet-Vapes as they have gone so far above and beyond for me in the past and after probably over 100 orders they are the only vendor that has not screwed something up. I try to buy all my equipment from them. When I was emailing with Dayna last night she said they discontinue the products that move so slowly they cannot buy them in the volume needed to turn a small profit. When I ordered 4 Davides about 6 months ago they had 1 left and they still had it so she is sending it to me free so there is one extra.

Im not sure what I will do except be careful with my current tanks. I can see buying about a dozen of them for the future then Kanger stops making single coils the way my luck with vape gear goes. I have made the decision to buy nothing. I have two Davides and my wife has 2 plus the one Dayna is sending me gives me a backup. I have a whole bag of 0-rings and 5 replacement glasses so I should be good for a while.

I have no idea what Temperature Control does (nor do I care) but I am with you. If the simplicity is removed so will vapers in general. People that switch to vaping are wanting ease and "plug and play" so to speak. I have smokers tell me all the time they would not do what I do when they see me simply filling a tank much less sorting through all the advanced stuff. Sure it needs to be available for advanced vapers but some of us advanced vapers still like simple things.

I do love my IStick 50w but only for battery life. I vape 1.8ohm @ 7.6w and never touch the settings but 3-4 days of battery life is sick. I thought 24-28 hours on my Spinner 2s was good lol.

Hello there, this is Lauren from Heaven Gifts and I am just trying to leave a message here to try my luck, lol

I happen to see you update above though it's about one year ago.

May I know if you can still reach out for Dayna (sweet-vapes.com) lately?