Davide BCC vs BDC

Ok once again I find myself having a hard time finding what I like from where I want to buy it from. Anyone know the difference in the Anyvape (Aspire) Davide BCC vs BDC? I was going to order 3 or 4 extras to put back as it seems tanks that use KPT single coils are getting harder and harder to find and I have tried almost everything else and cannot get close to the same experience. I will not use anything subohm or with dual coils. Any advice? Discount Vapers has the BDC version but has a lot of disclaimers about how you have to remove part of the base to use it with KPT singles and with the ones I have now that is not necessary making me think this is a different tank than the one I like. I DO NOT like Kanger Pro Tanks with or without the Aero base either lol. The only tank I have found that I truly like is the old 2.5ml Davide Mini and the 3.0ml Davide full size and its just my luck Sweet-Vapes does not have them any more and the ones Discount Vapers has look and sound different based on Erics description. Those are about the only two places I will order hardware from. Maybe its time to change once these finally are ready to be replaced, I just have no idea what with.

This is the one DV has:

http://www.discountvapers.com/anyvape-davide-bdc-glassomizer-aspire-version/

Read the description about removing the larger base. I DO NOT have to do that with my current tank. I may just order a dozen of these and be good if they are the same ones I am using now.

Edited by bcartervol98

BDC = Bottom Dual Coil... If that helps :)

Yea I knew that but what is BCC?

Im just sick of everything I like getting replaced by more complicated more expensive ****.

Maybe I am just at the point I need to try to just quit all together, start stepping down nicotine etc... It wont be long and the savings that keep me going with the whole Vaping thing will start evaporating. I have never spent more than $15 on a tank. The largest single vaping item I have bought are these ISticks that were $50. Before that I only used Vision Spinners and was completely happy with those but the battery life of the 50w sold me. I feel like if I ever did go to a B&M I would have to shop in the clearance section, Money is not the issue at all, but I want what I want lol.

I think I am gonna e-mail Eric at DV and ask of I buy 12 of the last 42 in existence and they are not the same as the ones I have now if I can return them lol.

Edited by bcartervol98

BCC is Bottom Coil Clearomizer (single coil)... at least that is what Kanger calls their BCC.

I know the frustration with the new Davide tanks.  I bought a pair of the Davide minis in gold, and ended up giving them to a co-worker that was drooling all over my desk for about a week :)  They took the Kanger single-coils (BCC) or the Aspire Nautilus coils (if you removed the little ring).  I loved those tanks, but my co-worker loved them more, hahaha.

Check with Tam on the new Davide tanks.  IIRC, she just bought several of them, and they weren't very expensive... maybe $12?  I sent her the link to the online store that had them at that price... it's where I bought the minis, but for the life of me right now, I can't remember which vendor it was... sorry.

Eff it I may just try a SubTank with 1.5ohm coils. I wonder how that would compare? I think it's ugly like all the subohm tanks I see but I'm more about utility. It's just hard to start paying 3 times more for coils the way I go through them but I may try one and see what I think. Wish I could get 1.8 ohm.

If I am going to use 1.5 ohm coils what makes a SubTank different than a KPT with a 1.5 ohm coil? I know nothing about them and have avoided it all together but my Davides are going to last another year maybe they are so beat up and the choices are slim for a simple tank with good airflow that is not a subohm capable tank.

Edited by bcartervol98

Eff it I may just try a SubTank with 1.5ohm coils. I wonder how that would compare? I think it's ugly like all the subohm tanks I see but I'm more about utility. It's just hard to start paying 3 times more for coils the way I go through them but I may try one and see what I think. Wish I could get 1.8 ohm.

If I am going to use 1.5 ohm coils what makes a SubTank different than a KPT with a 1.5 ohm coil? I know nothing about them and have avoided it all together but my Davides are going to last another year maybe they are so beat up and the choices are slim for a simple tank with good airflow that is not a subohm capable tank.

I think it is a great tank, but you may not like the airflow.  I don't know if you can squeeze it down to the same as your Davides.  I don't know for sure.  I do know that I have heard a lot of complaints from people who prefer a tighter draw.  I don't think Tam liked hers.

Okay, here I am.  :)

The Kanger Subtank is growing on me once I finally broke in the coil and wick. I've actually found the airflow that I like and the flavor I get from it is even better than the Davide. It's a 1.5 ohm factory although I prefer the RBA section and building my own coils at 1.8 ohms, just haven't had the time or patience with it lately. The migraine that got me a couple days ago still has my vision so blurred I can't see to build the damned coil. lol

I've pretty much given up on trying to replace my beloved Davides, B. Sorry, I'm of no help there.  :(

That said, the Aspire Triton with the 1.8 ohm coil was an amazing tank... until it stopped working. The good news is that Kidney Puncher (Dustin in particular), has sent out a new Triton as of yesterday. Hopefully, this new one will continue to work. I also go the RBA part early this week.

Okay, here I am.  :)

The Kanger Subtank is growing on me once I finally broke in the coil and wick. I've actually found the airflow that I like and the flavor I get from it is even better than the Davide. It's a 1.5 ohm factory although I prefer the RBA section and building my own coils at 1.8 ohms, just haven't had the time or patience with it lately. The migraine that got me a couple days ago still has my vision so blurred I can't see to build the damned coil. lol

I've pretty much given up on trying to replace my beloved Davides, B. Sorry, I'm of no help there.  :(

That said, the Aspire Triton with the 1.8 ohm coil was an amazing tank... until it stopped working. The good news is that Kidney Puncher (Dustin in particular), has sent out a new Triton as of yesterday. Hopefully, this new one will continue to work. I also go the RBA part early this week.

Sorry if I misspoke Tam.  It is so hard for me to recommend these newer tanks to people who prefer tighter vapes.  I have tried to go back to the tighter draw, but it has not worked.  In fact the original subtank mini has gotten to be too restrictive for me.  These high airflow tanks are enjoyable, but getting expensive.  They use higher wattage, and use much more juice.  You also have to be much more descrete where you use them.  My current rig (ipvD2, with a SauceCode Tank, and a Herkales coil) is not a stealth rig.

You didn't "misspoke" at all, Jason.  :D  For the longest time I wasn't happy with the Subtank mini, so much so that I was thinking of giving it away. After reading about how other members really liked them, I finally gave in and started fiddling with all the settings until I finally found something that works for me. Most of all, I had to relearn how I drew from it and get the airflow just right with the right amount of wattage. With my extra long drip tip (I prefer a cooler vape), the airflow halfway closed down, taking two quick, fast draws to prime the coil and then a longer one like I usually do... and it's workable. I'm starting to like it. Finally.  :)

You didn't "misspoke" at all, Jason.  :D  For the longest time I wasn't happy with the Subtank mini, so much so that I was thinking of giving it away. After reading about how other members really liked them, I finally gave in and started fiddling with all the settings until I finally found something that works for me. Most of all, I had to relearn how I drew from it and get the airflow just right with the right amount of wattage. With my extra long drip tip (I prefer a cooler vape), the airflow halfway closed down, taking two quick, fast draws to prime the coil and then a longer one like I usually do... and it's workable. I'm starting to like it. Finally.  :)

I am glad you are liking it better.  I hope the new Triton works out too.  I want one, but it has moved to number 3 in line behind the Cthulhu and the Smok TFV4. Like I need another tank.

I feel for bcartervol98.  It seems like every time I find something that I like....they discontinue it.  I hasn't happened with the vaping stuff, but it seems to happen throughout my life in other areas.

I am glad you are liking it better.  I hope the new Triton works out too.  I want one, but it has moved to number 3 in line behind the Cthulhu and the Smok TFV4. Like I need another tank.

I feel for bcartervol98.  It seems like every time I find something that I like....they discontinue it.  I hasn't happened with the vaping stuff, but it seems to happen throughout my life in other areas.

Yeah, I feel his pain. We were both into the original Davide mini until they started downsizing them from the 2.5 ml tank to a 2.0 ml. Then, Anyvape stopped making them and Aspire took over with new coils. Thankfully, the old coils still worked. Then, they started fiddling with them even more and the "original" tanks were no longer the same. Just recently, I tried the KPT mini 3 tanks and I like them even better than the Davide mini although the tanks only hold 2.0 ml, the flavor is even slightly better than the Davide minis so I'm happy to stockpile these since they're a little "old" and prices have come down.

With my quest to find a suitable replacement to the HH.357s, I've come down the RBA road. B might want to give those a try since so many are coming out with premade coils. He can easily use the iStick 50W that he has now. I hate change for change's sake but that seems to be the name of the game in vaping anymore.

Yeah, I feel his pain. We were both into the original Davide mini until they started downsizing them from the 2.5 ml tank to a 2.0 ml. Then, Anyvape stopped making them and Aspire took over with new coils. Thankfully, the old coils still worked. Then, they started fiddling with them even more and the "original" tanks were no longer the same. Just recently, I tried the KPT mini 3 tanks and I like them even better than the Davide mini although the tanks only hold 2.0 ml, the flavor is even slightly better than the Davide minis so I'm happy to stockpile these since they're a little "old" and prices have come down.

With my quest to find a suitable replacement to the HH.357s, I've come down the RBA road. B might want to give those a try since so many are coming out with premade coils. He can easily use the iStick 50W that he has now. I hate change for change's sake but that seems to be the name of the game in vaping anymore.

The next big thing has always been an obsession for me in the vaping world, but I am not that way in most other aspects of my life.  So I totally understand what him, and many other people feel when the find something perfect for them, then it gets so hard to get.

Brian - knowing what you like I would probably recommend the kpt mini 3 or the mini nautilus. You'll pay a little more for coils but you'll get a little better performance and a more similar draw to the mini davides.

You may find the sub tank a little too fussy.

Yeah. That seal is tight and screwing the tank in to your device tends to tighten it up too.  Little bit of juice on the seal before assembly helps...

Tought to beat the simplicity of the kpt design

Yeah. That seal is tight and screwing the tank in to your device tends to tighten it up too.  Little bit of juice on the seal before assembly helps...

Tought to beat the simplicity of the kpt design

Any tips for how to get it unstuck once it's good and stuck, Bebop? I did put some juice around the seal before tightening it up but it still won't cooperate.  :(

Yeah, a thick wide rubber band around the glass use it to get friction on the glass side. 

A post it note works well too. Wrap the glass sticky side down and use the paper to get a grip.  Usually if you get a good grip on the glass you're home free.  If you need to,  use small pliers around the base but usually just a paper towel is enough to get a hold on the base. Watch out for glass though.

Edited by Bebop

Hmmm, maybe the Aerotank? I have the version 1 and it works perfectly with the KPT single coil. @Earthling789 He loves the version 2 Aerotank. Maybe he can shed some light into if these can be used with a single coil? B might switch to those?

I vaped with the original Aerotank, the V2, and the Aerotank Mini, which was by far my favorite. I finally passed my beloved Aerotank Mini over to my son, and I still have partial boxes of KPT single and enclosed dual coils. If memory serves, either coil will work with both Aerotanks; it was the mini Protank 2 that won't work with the dual coils. I've never tried this, Tam, but the old Kanger dual coils work with Subtanks, too. They come in 0.8 and 1.0 for SubOhm vaping; I used the 1.5Ohm with my Aerotanks. 😊

Ok once again I find myself having a hard time finding what I like from where I want to buy it from. Anyone know the difference in the Anyvape (Aspire) Davide BCC vs BDC? I was going to order 3 or 4 extras to put back as it seems tanks that use KPT single coils are getting harder and harder to find and I have tried almost everything else and cannot get close to the same experience. I will not use anything subohm or with dual coils. Any advice? Discount Vapers has the BDC version but has a lot of disclaimers about how you have to remove part of the base to use it with KPT singles and with the ones I have now that is not necessary making me think this is a different tank than the one I like. I DO NOT like Kanger Pro Tanks with or without the Aero base either lol. The only tank I have found that I truly like is the old 2.5ml Davide Mini and the 3.0ml Davide full size and its just my luck Sweet-Vapes does not have them any more and the ones Discount Vapers has look and sound different based on Erics description. Those are about the only two places I will order hardware from. Maybe its time to change once these finally are ready to be replaced, I just have no idea what with.

This is the one DV has:

http://www.discountvapers.com/anyvape-davide-bdc-glassomizer-aspire-version/

Read the description about removing the larger base. I DO NOT have to do that with my current tank. I may just order a dozen of these and be good if they are the same ones I am using now.

If you only like the Kanger single coils, I know of several decent tanks that use them. All of these are Kanger tanks: #1.Evod #2.T3S - Takes a different single coil, 5pk is available at Sweet-Vapes for 5.95 #3.Unitank #4.Evod 2 - takes both, I think. I've tried all these except the Unitank; I have one still in the box that I never used... I have never used the Davide tank, but I much prefer the Kanger dual coils to singles as they last much longer. I had to quit using the Protank 2 because it didn't take the enclosed dual coils. I hope I was able to help. http://sweet-vapes.com/protank-unitank-evod-single-coils.html

Not sure really my Davides are doing fine just always concerned about backups and what to do when mine are worn out. I prefer a looser draw that's the main difference for me with the Davide vs the KPT with or without the aero base. I find the aero tank and bases to be a PITA. 

I think I may order a couple of the Davides that Eric has at Discount Vapers. After trying most every tank that uses single coils this is the one I like the most and there is not a close second.

Does not sound like the SubTank is for me. The coils may last longer but I sure like paying 80 cents for a coil (I order them 100 or 200 at a time) because I change mine every 4-5 days to keep a fresh taste. 

What i want is glass, can be fully disassembled, 3ml capacity minimum, looser draw, dependable and low maintenance and use KPT single coils. Sounds like its Davide or change all together.

Here's a dumb question: Have you tried the KPT 3? Those are still easy to get and are basically the same as the Davide, can use the single coils, is low maintenance and dependable. I don't remember what kind of draw it had with the original base because I've changed it out to the Aerotank base some time ago, but I think it was comparable to the Davides.

Yeah, B, it looks like you'll probably want to stick to what you already use or change altogether. Hopefully, with as many new things coming out every day, something will come along that can replace the Davide and be just as satisfying.

Here's a dumb question: Have you tried the KPT 3? Those are still easy to get and are basically the same as the Davide, can use the single coils, is low maintenance and dependable. I don't remember what kind of draw it had with the original base because I've changed it out to the Aerotank base some time ago, but I think it was comparable to the Davides.

Yeah, B, it looks like you'll probably want to stick to what you already use or change altogether. Hopefully, with as many new things coming out every day, something will come along that can replace the Davide and be just as satisfying

I didnt know the KPT 3 could use the single coils. I had the KPT 2 and the draw was super tight, the 1 was about what I like but was all one piece and couldnt replace the glass. Maybe I will order a 3 and see what I think.