battery help

BFD

Just got my 50w istick instructions are not very helpful can someone please suggest a link that would help i would rather not burn up a bunch of coils figuring it out or if someone uses one feel free to help I always use a 1.5 ohm coil

Switching between vv and vw which is best,and I've heard of problems with other istcks changing volts to accommodate misread ohms,please excuse my ignorance ive only been at this for a month and love it havent even thought about an analog and used to smoke 2+packs a day,wish i started this long ago.

I find 1.8 ohm at 3.8v to be my sweet spot but every liquid and person may have different tastes. Dial it up till it tastes burned then dial it back down a notch. Somewhere in that area will be your sweet spot lol

But I use basic equipment and dropped the APVs a long time ago. Not even sure how the one you have works. Anything above about 7-8w resulted in a burned taste when I did use an APV long ago. Can't wrap my mind around anything 50w lol

Start at the lowest setting, vape. If it's not to your liking, bump it up one or two, vape. Repeat until you get that slightly burnt taste. Back it down a notch. That should be your sweet spot for that juice. Personally, I use 1.8 ohm coils and they do great. 1.5 is a little too hot for me.

The thing you read about the iStick not being accurate and running hot is for the iStick 20W, not the 50W. The 50W is pretty darn accurate.  :)

Yea i was thinking of a little more resistance especially since most of my juice is fairly strong 1.6to1.8 or 16 mg to 18mg if you prefer.Im still working out the kinks but so far istick is great and all the suggestions from all the great people on this site have helped immensely.

Just a tip - make sure your air flow is good too. Proper airflow should help your coil life too.

If you have adjustable airflow, open it up a little. If you don't have adjustable airflow increase your draw over the coil. Firing your coil without drawing air or a very slow tight draw will just sit there cooking your coil/wick, especially on a 1.5 coil. If you like slow long draws then you might consider bumping up your coils to 1.8 or more. You'll also be able to bump up your wattage a little too. I love 1.5 coils myself but they have a narrow window of air and wattage to get the best performance out of them.

I almost exclusively use 1.5 Ohm coils in my Kanger tanks... and depending on the juice, run them anywhere from 8W up to 12W... but the happy medium with most juices is 9.5-10.5W.

As Bebob said... increasing your airflow, or start drawing, hit the fire button, and continue to draw after you release the button, works to limit "cooking" and will cool the coil faster.  Sometimes, when I'm using a low-ohm coil or sub-ohm coil, I'll pulse the fire-button... so it's not constantly ON while I'm drawing.

Tam gave the "rule" for dialing in the proper Wattage for your juice/coil combo, and it works every time... start low, and slowly turn up the Wattage after every few draws.  That first "bad" hit means you've gone too far, and need to back it up about 0.2-0.5W.  A fresh coil will always be "hotter", so if you were using 10W with the old coil, you might want to start out at 9W with a new coil, and crank it back up to 10W (or wherever it tastes best) once it has been used for a couple of hours.

Hey guys i know the 50w istick charges in 5 hours give or take but if im not around or asleep lol can i leave it plugged in beyond that point without damaging the battery?

If the circuitry is working properly, leaving it connected to the USB cable after it completes a charge-cycle will not damage it, nor will it allow it to overcharge...

However, do you trust the circuit board? 

I never charge any Li-Ion or Li-Po battery without being able to be "near" it while it charges, and never while I'm sleeping... better safe than sorry, you know?  There's always that one chance in 10,000 that something will fail, go wrong, or blow-up.