I dont think Sub Ohming is for me

But Im not giving up just yet. Tried my Melo on the Istick50 today Tried all different watts/ air combos I get a nice clouds the flavor Ehhhh. At Higher Watts (20) I get a lot of hot molten spatter trying to deep fry my tounge. Through out  all my various settings Im still getting almost a burning in my throat and a bitter after taste this happens at lower watts also (12) all this on a 30/70 juice

10 mg nic might be a bit much at 5 ohms. It was for me anyway. I found that the sweet spot for me with a 5 ohm coil was 5mg of nicotine @ 25w. As for the spatter, maybe try a slightly thicker juice (more VG) and/or different drip tip?

Edited by Rattlehead

Most people who sub-ohm lower their nic (to something like 6 mg or 3 mg), and increase the VG content of their juices to keep from getting too harsh a throat hit. :)

Yep. Once I got my first sub ohm tank (subtank mini) I pretty much had to lower my nic. I had already dropped from 18 - 12mg nic, but I had to go down to 3-6mg nic max because anything higher made me sick to my stomach and/or lightheaded. To the credit of the guy at the B&M where I bought that my subtank mini, he did warn me about nic levels while sub-ohming. I personally haven't noticed much of a difference between the 50/50 blend of my ADV and the higher VG juices I use, but PG affects different people in different ways (as does nic level).

I did the same thing when i started dripping/sub-ohming i dropped from 12mg down to between 6mg-3mg all the time now. I also mix my own juice but i only run 70vg/30pg or higher but that is my prefernce. i tried to vape a 12mg the other day, of swamp thing my buddy got for me but i cant handle it. It just burns like crazy and i had it in my full size nautilus at 5 watts and was still too harsh.

I heard the same thing too but since I had just bought some new juice when I got my first rebuildable I stuck with 18. And yes I was on the verge of being nic sick a couple of times. Still vape between 12 and 18

Ok got a bottle of Lost Art Kaptain KruncH 0 Nic no clue pg/vg I (I LIKE Peanut butter)  started real low watts worked my way up too 20W So far so good good flavor/cloud and no nasty nic taste.

Thanks everyone for the help