GRILLIN & CHILLIN

With the price of meat these days, we weren't too happy either. But, as I said, it's the first tough steaks we've had in years so that's a little bit of consolation. Mmmmmm, spaghetti. That's good eats any time of year.  :)

Coconut shrimp toinght.  It was good, but I am really craving cold weather foods.  I may have to dig around an whip up some Taco Soup, Potato Soup, Chili,  or something similar.

My son made some beef stew last weekend, and it was incredible... But I'm in the mood for chili too, and a good potato soup sounds great :)

I will in fact be both grillin AND chillin tonight. Most likely at the same time even with a brew in one hand and the tongs in another as we approach - what's that called again? - oh yeah,  winter. In fact, we have some if those things in the sky - what are they again? - oh yeah, clouds and it looks like it might - what is that thing where water falls from the sky? Oh,  rain and shortly I will be moving all grillin (and chillin) operations indoors.

• 3 weeks later...

You guys are missing out... :)  i made one of my famous batches of split pea soup - sauteed onions, carrots and garlic and diced canadian bacon.  Talk about stick to your ribs. That and a loaf of french bread and I couldn't be happier...

• 1 year later...