Great post!

A friend of mine that owns a shop shared this on his Facebook page and I thought it worth passing on. Very insightful and accurate imo. Credit to Eric Peterson, President of the Tennessee Smoke Free Association for this:

"Advocacy vs. Public Belief

I am concerned that as this war on ecigs escalates, the real reason for the product is falling to the waste side. With big tobaccos push for misleading, false, and fear mongering tactics, vapers are the new "smokers". So many people come to me now and say "you know those are worse for you than a real cigarette". When they were asking "do those work for you?".

With all this taking place I still see a part of vaping moving towards a sport lifestyle, the cloud comps, the "freedom clouds" way of thinking, and so on. (Which I have done as well)

Then there are the vapors that you don't see. The people that go to the shops to get their coils and some juice for their starter kit that they have used for a year and a half. They don't come to the vape meets and that's ok.

We all have one thing in common here.

WE QUIT SMOKING!

This is the one and only purpose for vaping. We all are responsible for the public belief. We all are the face of vaping. We are what the public sees. Our actions can confirm or disprove our opposition. A year ago I relized I had to make a choice with how I would be as an advocate. Truth is anyone that vapes is an advocate so how will you represent vaping and the Public Belief?"

Edited by bcartervol98

Wow awesome. I agree with him. His "we sre the new smokers" comment is right on and not to be taken lightly.

For the last 6 months or so my wife has a co-worker who "knows all about vaping". This guy has been feeding my wife a constant stream of regurgitated anti vaping info. In every case I have sent my wife all of the debunking articles related to all of his attacks which she forwards to him faithfully. Finally, after 6 months he has stopped feeding her this BS. But I'm not betting he isn't spreading this stuff around elsewhere. THis is a real attack and I think we take for granted sometimes that we have it easy because we right now it is easy but the day approaches when that ends and we find ourselves the new "sinners" and the sin tax starts.

Great words from all.

Does anyone else get extremely mad like I do when someone says to you that vaping is very bad and very dangerous.

I've only had it happen one time to me and I could feel my blood start boiling...If it wasn't an old lady in a wheel chair with a broke foot I would have laid into her.

I do not get mad I just tell them since I started vaping I have:

Lost 61 lbs

Normalized my BP and no longer am treated for hypertension

Off anxiety meds except on the worst of days lol. Used to be 3 a day every day

My son no longer coughs or has allergy problems

My allergy problems disappeared

My MD, dentist and every other health professional I know are supportive

My monthly savings are over $400

There is more but they usually get the picture with half of these few benefits I have experienced.

As I approach two years in a couple weeks I atill have yet to see a down side.

Edited by bcartervol98

Yes, we are the new "smokers", and the ONLY advocates and voices, up against the wolves at the door... the politicians, big tobacco, and the media, which are all about spreading their misinformation so they can continue to set-up the scenario for regulations and taxes!

I'm with B... I've seen nothing but positives since I kicked Big-Tobacco out of my life (and wallet)! 

Well, there is one down-side I've seen, lol...  a bad case of shiny-itis... where I have to have the newest piece of vaping hardware :D

I'm with Earthling and B. I went the entire winter without getting really sick. When I smoked I would get the worst colds and bronchitis that would last for a couple of weeks. Had just a few days I felt a bit under the weather, mostly due to 70+ hour work weeks for the duration of the heating season. That's what I do, I fix peoples heat so they are comfortable, even if it means 2 hours of sleep in 48 hours.

I have saved some money, would have saved what my signature banner says if it weren't for shiny-it is. But boy does that brass mod with brass dripper look sexy.

I spend about 115 a month on average on liquid and coils and am set on tanks and batteries for the foreseeable future maybe $800 spent total in hardware and over a 2 year period.

That averages about $148 per month for two people, my wife and I both. That's a lot less than the $550ish a month we spent on cancer sticks!

Never got the shiny itis I save that for my vehicles and boat haha.

Guy at work keeps telling me that vaping is worse or just as bad as cigs I basically tell him he has no clue. HIs new thing is that Im in haling the battery fumes as I vape

Battery fumes?? THAT is a new one!

Battery fumes?   LOL!  Once I was trying to jump start a Volkswagon Squareback (yes there once was such a thing) with a partially frozen battery. (Stupid indeed I know)  I only had limited use of the jumping vehicle, and it was bloody cold.  (Not that I was likely to get warm from the exhaust to air heat exchanger but it was better than standing there freezing).  The battery in those was under the back seat and I had to be a contortionist to pull the cables through the front doors (only doors) and connect to the battery.  Attached they began to charge but I decided to make the connection better for faster charging.  Oh did I mention yet another stupidity?  Twelve volts to six volts charging on a frozen battery.  Anyway a spark ensued...........  Let's just say that before the big bang, I bet that was some battery fumes inhaling. 

Battery fumes? LOL! Once I was trying to jump start a Volkswagon Squareback (yes there once was such a thing) with a partially frozen battery. (Stupid indeed I know) I only had limited use of the jumping vehicle, and it was bloody cold. (Not that I was likely to get warm from the exhaust to air heat exchanger but it was better than standing there freezing). The battery in those was under the back seat and I had to be a contortionist to pull the cables through the front doors (only doors) and connect to the battery. Attached they began to charge but I decided to make the connection better for faster charging. Oh did I mention yet another stupidity? Twelve volts to six volts charging on a frozen battery. Anyway a spark ensued........... Let's just say that before the big bang, I bet that was some battery fumes inhaling.

Guess what my very first car was? Yep, a banana yellow squareback, 31 years ago. I wish I still had it now...