Your Favorite War Movie Of All Time

Wow. Tough to pick from your list. Plus, I like different movies for different reasons. I'll have to think on this for a bit...

Same here...I like all of them, but I can also find fault with all of them. War movies are tough because I really love the genre and while I have my favorite, I've yet to see the "perfect" war movie.

Voted Apocalypse due to the visual effects, and the insanity.

A lot of layers to Coppola's take on Nam.

There's something I've thought about with Apocalypse Now, and I've never seen it discussed anywhere...

Do you think that Willard actually goes on the mission to get Colonel Kurtz? Or, because we see him so brutally traumatized, obviously suffering PTSD, in his hotel room during the beginning it's just a delusion?

The lines: "Everyone gets everything he wants. I wanted a mission. And for my sins, they gave me one." Sounds like he's making an atonement in preparation for suicide. And his journey to hell is basically the journey into literal hell on earth. "His story is a confession, and so is mine".

Edited by T-Bone

My favorites are the old films. The Bridge on the River Kwai and The Dirty Dozen. I also enjoyed The Lost Battalion, which is newer and aired on A&E.

I have to add the miniseries Band of Brothers. Not a movie, but should still be on the list.

i agree with ya Bird Dog....my top 3 i cant choose from bridge on the river kwai, dirty dozen, hamburger hill.

What about The Longest Day, that's up there and some say it's a masterpiece. Sands of Iwo Jima...

I'd have to say Fury.just watched it great flick

Fury is the greatest war movie of all time, Tugs? Come on....lol.

Edited by T-Bone

I read the book, Jarhead and thought it was such a piece of you know what. That guy was not fit to be a Marine. Total whiner, probably the kind of guy that couldn't get into a frat because he thought hazing was mean.

Other choices, good ones though dude.