Would you try Vaping if you Never tried a Cigarette?

This question comes from just general curiousity. I've started to noticed in my circle of friends people buying and trying e-cigarettes even though they have never tried an actual cigarette in their life. Me personally, I would most likely try it as I'm someone who usually does what the crowd does (probably why I got into smoking analogs in the first place). I know that sounds bad but social smokers and peer-presure is a real thing that gets most people into trying taboo products.

Vaping is in the headlines, it's Vogue, it's hip, it's rebellious... People rush to buy Converse hi-tops or Sperry's because celebrities are wearing them... The fedora is making a come-back as a fashion statement. You are 100% correct, there are (too) many people that follow the crowd (sheeple), and will try vaping because they see it in the media or one of their "cool friends" doing it. These people vape as a fashion statement, and will likely give it up as soon as the new, "hip" thing comes around.

I vape to get my nicotine-fix, after 30 years of conditioning and addiction. If someone has a love for peppermint and wants to vape 0-nic peppermint, let them (as long as they are an adult, making an adult decision).

Would I try it if I had never smoked? 100% chance of "NO"... I'm not a follower, and I don't care what the celebrities or sports-stars are doing! And no, I don't own any Chuck Taylor's or Sperry's, or a fedora, either :)

Given the fact that when I started on analogs no e-cigs were around it's hard to say..... I think any young person/adult has to decide what they want to get involved with themselves. As an individual you make your choices for your own reasons. Many (or most) of us vapors are former smokers and are looking for something less harmfull. I don't think young ppl see it the same as a 5-10-20+ yr analog user would. I made a poor choice, I admit it.... Do I have the right to condem another young person makeing a poor choice? No, but if I could help them avoid it I would. At the end of the day it's an individual thing.....

If I was totally being honest (it's happened once or twice) if I was a teen or young adult I think I may have tried it.

But as an adult probably not, too much trouble, lol

I would probably discourage non smokers from vaping ingeneral. I have never promoted it to non smokers....

I am pretty sure that if vaping would have been around in 1986, I would have done it. When I started smoking analogs at 16, I had bought my first real muscle car, discovered I liked chasing the girls, and alcohol and the occasional illegal drug made it much more fun. On second though, i definitely would have done it!

Now, I can't afford a muscle car. I am too tired to chase the girls...what would I do if I caught one? If I drink more that 4 drinks or stay up past midnight the next day is terrible. Illegal drugs?...not a chance, too much to loose. I really doubt I would do it.

The answers are pretty interesting and across the board :) As someone who has quit smoking and uses vaping to replace my cravings, I wouldn't reccomend e-cigs to a non smoker who has never smoked before. I would have to say now I'm addicted to vaping, the flavors, the mods, the billows of vapor.. the community... it's still a forgein substance that my body craves (just a non harmful one). I wonder if I'll ever stop, but at this point I can't or else I know I would go back to analogs.

I guess you could say I replaced one addiction with another

Not to bring the thread to a depressing note but the question came out of a reflection of past and current choices.

Have a great Wednesday everyone and Vape on! :animier:

IMO any smoker who wants to quit I have recomended it to. a lot of people around me dont understand vaping and reply with " if I ever quit im doing it cold turkey!" ... good for them if they can do it. but after 15 times trying to quit cold turkey and going back to them I dont think its working out now, is it?

Now as a kid I for suuuure would of tried it since I was very curious about any type of effects and even as an adult I would be curious enough to try it more than a few times. I might of even picked up the hobby to tinker with vaping 0mg but knowing me I would try nic and like the headrush and then go from there haha.

Honestly I highly doubt I will quit the nicotine as #1 I dont see the need to and #2 it does procure me with some sort of stress releif... even if its all psychological.

All this to say that YES I would of tried it regardless!

I run through this moral dilemma with a buddy of mine. He started vaping a month ago. He ran out of his 0 nicotine and is now using his girlfriends 16. He was never a smoker, but is now vaping. He is quite a bit younger than I am so he is always asking me questions about it. I discourage it a bit, but as a professional addict, I know this is pointless. Every time someone told me to quit, I doubled up.

If I had never smoked... Probably not. But I will say that I quit smoking without vaping. I did still have the occasional cigarette or cigar. But since I tried vaping.... I am a daily vaper. But 3ml will last me almost a week. So I am a very light vaper.

In my case as a teen I never wanted to smoke cigarettes, I started buying cigarettes so I can try & cover up the smell of weed! I ended up getting hooked on cigs but never did I start smoking just because so vaping would not been of use to me back then. I'm sure any teen who started smoking because there friends did would have ended up vaping if it was around back in the day.plus nobody really vapes in my area...

• 2 weeks later...

I was a non smoker who has started vape. Started with my friends, socially quitting smoking and always having them around. With how good the flavors would smell, it was too tempting to try! I smoke the E Liquids that are 0 nicotine content. I have been lucky to find some delicious flavors and have many options to choose from! I have found since vaping, I have also broke the habit of chewing my nails!!

I'd like to think that I wouldn't, but it's hard to say. I am surrounded by smokers and always have been so it's really difficult to imagine myself never starting smoking. I suppose if I had the willpower to resist starting smoking when I was young I would have the willpower to say no to vaping as well.

Honestly, I have been smoking analogs for the past 20 years, so vaping is a must for me if I am going to be successful in quitting analogs. I probably wouldn't try vaping if I never smoked a real cigarette, but really, who knows? Maybe I would... lol no real idea...

If I had these back in my younger teen days...YES! kidding me? smoke on the bus and get away with it?! smoke behind the auto shop at school and have no smell and get away with it?!

As a young adult when I would go to bars and such...maybe..

now in my 30s...if I had never smoked in the past.. probably not.

I do miss the outside smoke breaks though... was quite a social time... now I just vape on the couch or at my desk or in bed, in the car... don't have that 5-10 minutes of grabbing your friend or your girl and going outside for a smoke break anymore... so It's not such a social activity anymore...

I suppose if I still worked in an office building I would probably go outside for vape breaks, but I've worked from home since before I quit smoking, so hard to say for sure.