GPlat may have problems

Joshuab3687

Been talking to some other vapers and listening to discussions on CCI facebook, the makers of GPlat will not reveal the chemical composition of their wire. It's being rumored to have manganese in it. Manganese gives off a very harmful fume and it's been linked to Parkinson's disease. Know the risks if you plan to continue using Gplat. I for one will not be using it till all this gets cleared up. I don't wanna start a panic with this info, just wanted to exercise caution.

Been talking to some other vapers and listening to discussions on CCI facebook, the makers of GPlat will not reveal the chemical composition of their wire. It's being rumored to have manganese in it. Manganese gives off a very harmful fume and it's been linked to Parkinson's disease. Know the risks if you plan to continue using Gplat. I for one will not be using it till all this gets cleared up. I don't wanna start a panic with this info, just wanted to exercise caution.

Was just about to post same thing. Dont need that extra few milliseconds of heat that bad.

I've heard from a couple different places that a higher concentration of the Manganese is what causes the Gplat to heat/cool more quickly than normal wire. I don't know if there is any truth to this, as I don't know anything about manganese.

In biology, manganese(II) ions function as cofactors for a large variety ofenzymes with many functions.[1]Manganese enzymes are particularly essential in detoxification of superoxidefree radicals in organisms that must deal with elemental oxygen. Manganese also functions in the oxygen-evolving complex of photosynthetic plants. The element is a required trace mineral for all known living organisms. In larger amounts, and apparently with far greater activity by inhalation, it can cause a poisoning syndrome in mammals, with neurological damage which is sometimes irreversible.

Yeah, this is a heated discussion on the majority of the vape groups. It really sparked up when a screenshot of a conversation between GPlat and a trolling individual were conversing through PM. GPlat was being a little sarcastic, telling the person that for their own health reasons that they shouldn't use their wire, as it contains manganese, and that their health would not benefit from it. Once that screenshot was released all hell broke loose.

As with all aspects of vaping, this is up in the air. :/

This is why they more than likely use it. The more Manganese used, the more pliable the wire will be.

Manganese is used to form many important alloys. It gives steel a hard yet pliant quality, and with aluminium and antimony it forms highly ferromagnetic alloys. Manganese(IV) oxide is used as a depolariser in dry cells, and to decolourise glass - which is coloured green by iron impurities. Manganese(II) oxide is a powerful oxidising agent and is used in quantitative analysis. http://www.rsc.org/periodic-table/element/25/manganese

I kinda look at it like this, all electric heaters,space heaters, ovens, stoves, small and large appliances in homes use the same resistance wire (for the most part) without any warnings of inhalation of manganese. Think of when you cook, your standing pretty damn close to a large resistance wire that's glowing red hot.

I kinda look at it like this, all electric heaters,space heaters, ovens, stoves, small and large appliances in homes use the same resistance wire (for the most part) without any warnings of inhalation of manganese. Think of when you cook, your standing pretty damn close to a large resistance wire that's glowing red hot.

Right, however these types of heating elements do not need to be pliable, nor do they need to heat/cool quickly in most cases. Therefore the likelihood that they contain very much or any manganese is very slim.

Edited by mvince201

Not so sure about toasters. Also heating elements in large a/c units. Iv replaced some of those coils and they are very much flexible. They have to be to be able to work them on insulators. Those ate about 22gauge if I'm not mistaken. They do come in many sizes.

http://resistancewire.com/resistance-wire/wire/standard/KA1

Composition

Nickel (Ni)

None/Trace

Chromium (Cr)

22%

Iron (Fe)

Balance

Aluminium (Al)

5.80%

Silicon (Si)

None/Trace

Manganese (Mn)

None/Trace

Copper (Cu)

None/Trace

Carbon ©

None/Trace

Titanium (Ti)

None/Trace

Molybdenum (Mo)

None/Trace

Tungsten (W)

None/Trace

Alloy Specifications

Features

•Withstands temperatures up to 1400°C

•Uses: Primarily used for industrial furnaces, kilns, and other equipment with the highest continuous operating temperatures such as heat-treating, ceramics, glass, steel, aluminum, and the electronics industries. Alloy is less susceptible to distortion, growth, and increase in resistance when heated than other alloys of similar composition. While quite resistant to sulfur corrosion, this alloy is not recommended for use in reducing atmospheres other than dry hydrogen.

•Common Name: Kanthal A1, Kanthal, Alloy 875, Resistohm 145, Aluchrom 0, Alchrome 875, MWS-875, Stablohm 875

Composition

I can tell you one thing. Gplat elite and cellucotton wicked over the center post in one strand for dual coils is crazy hot and hits my lungs with some dragon like vapor. It's too much for me. I just got the zenith v2 and anarchist mod. Figured I'd go all out and do a dual micro coil build with the 24g gplat with 6 wraps. Wicked it with cellucotton over the center post and it's crazy. I can pulse it for maybe a second with a lung hit. Not much more for a mouth to lung hit. I'm not ordering anymore of the gplat and not just because of this rumor. It's just too low resistance and a hot vape. It's great to work with and I like a lot about it but the cost and cons of it are too much. I'm taking the builds of it off my brass monkey and zenith v2.

The good news is that anarchist mod with the copper contacts hits harder than my v3tronix flip mod. The zenith is also a slam dunk I just need a good dual micro 28g build with some good old kanthal.

Edited by SteezeOG

After using and experimenting with it, I am one foot in and one foot out on GPlat. I absolutely love the 26g for the Kraken, as its the best vape I have had yet on this tank. The 24g in the dripper, not so much. I don't think I will be using the rest of the short length that I purchased, and with how long I keep my coils before tearing them out and rebuilding, the 6' of 26g will go a long way.