FDA regulations

Aquatroy

Guys no reason to freak out just yet, whatever is decided will take a long time to implement and will have to go through the court system before being enforced. I seem to remember one of my suppliers said even if they banned online sales it would be 2 or more years before they would be required to comply.

I imagine it will set a federal standard for banning sales to minors, require child proof bottles for liquid, require labeling and ingredient disclosure, and require age verification for even online sales. I really do not mind any of these, its the impending taxes that will suck but it will be a while before we feel anything different imo. There will be a staggering amount of court challenges.

Guys no reason to freak out just yet, whatever is decided will take a long time to implement and will have to go through the court system before being enforced. I seem to remember one of my suppliers said even if they banned online sales it would be 2 or more years before they would be required to comply.

I imagine it will set a federal standard for banning sales to minors, require child proof bottles for liquid, require labeling and ingredient disclosure, and require age verification for even online sales. I really do not mind any of these, its the impending taxes that will suck but it will be a while before we feel anything different imo. There will be a staggering amount of court challenges.

I worry that mods will be in the same classification as drug paraphernalia..Isn't it like that out in Cali?

I worry that mods will be in the same classification as drug paraphernalia..Isn't it like that out in Cali?

That's the first I have ever heard of that, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some regulation on Mechanical Mods with so many people using them that have no idea how to do it safely.

I mean just about everything that is "drug paraphernalia" is legal until you use it with drugs. I live in the bible belt where everything fun is illegal or frowned upon in some sort of way (jk, but not really) but one can still buy glass pipes and all sorts of other stuff at any of a dozen stores in my 100k town I live in. I would think a state like Cali would be more lenient given the availability of legal pot.

That's the first I have ever heard of that, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some regulation on Mechanical Mods with so many people using them that have no idea how to do it safely.

I mean just about everything that is "drug paraphernalia" is legal until you use it with drugs. I live in the bible belt where everything fun is illegal or frowned upon in some sort of way (jk, but not really) but one can still buy glass pipes and all sorts of other stuff at any of a dozen stores in my 100k town I live in. I would think a state like Cali would be more lenient given the availability of legal pot.

You got that right, I'm in Georgia and know where you are coming from. Yeah well I try to educate first time users about battery safety and most listen. Not to exceed the "C" rating and follow ohms law..lol

I try to simplify it it using the hosepipe scenario..lol

Yes and it will take them awhile to implement the new ruling. No worries for us they are only concerned with the under age sells of e-cigs it seems.

I worry even less now that Reynolds and Phillip Morris are getting involved in e-cig sales. For some reason, I bet the news about their safety takes a turn about the time they release their disposables en masse.

I don't see anything that is unreasonable there. No one in the industry disagrees that sales to minors shouldn't be restricted. Submitting product and registering with the FDA would only be something other companies do now. Also they are asking for the only warning to be that NIC is addictive.... Ok

The biggest issue I see with all of this is the submissions, more over the cost. If it is thousands of dollars to do each flavor it would be more than a small business could handle and they would have to close up shop. I, at that point, would be one that would have to close.

I read the article really early this morning. Too tired to go back and read it again. But I am fairly certain that it said current suppliers could continue to conduct business while the application was pending. Good news for current suppliers, not so good for new start ups.