KPT 2 question

I have started having that problem with there not being a good connection between the tank and the battery. I can fix it by pulling up the center post of the battery but I don't want to break a perfectly good battery when it is the tank that is the problem. I know this because it happens to every battery I put that tank on. My question is this, how can I fix the bottom of the tank instead of having to mess with my new batteries? I am gentle but I am afraid I will eventually break one of my new batteries trying to get the tank to work.

Patricia

The part in the tank that contacts the battery is the bottom end of the coil

Sometimes if you tighten the tank to the battery too much it compacts the coil and presses it together too much.

You can gently pull the bottom of the coil (doesn't take much). It's just a "press fit" with the body of the coil. It's easier if you remove the coil first.

It will pull all the way out if you pull too hard. You dont need to pull it out very much. Just a bit. Almost imperceptable. Just gently and slowly. Not enough to separate it from the little white insulator ring that keeps the two pieces of metal from touching

Like Bebop says, rock the little end of the coil back and forth JUST A LITTLE at a time to pull it out a tiny bit. That's usually all you need, although when I experience that problem with my Spinners, I just gently pull the center post up. Been doing that forever now with never a problem as long as you don't pull the center post on the Spinner too far. Did that once and it came out still attached by the wires! I checked to make sure the wires were solidly attached and then carefully put the wires back in and pushed the center post down. No problem at all. :)

Thanks Tam. That pulling out completely is what I am afraid of but I have been doing it since you taught me how months ago and I have not killed a battery yet. Now that I know that if I do accidently pull it up too much I can put it back together I am not so scared.

I have noticed the coil loosening up a bit in the base from doing refills, I check that first now before pulling the pin out a tad. Not sure why it happens but just another thing to check. ;)

The coils are the only thing in my vaping gear that I tighten as tight as i can get them. I was having this problem too and once I started tightening them more it fixed the issue.

.....and the only thing I'll add to all this awesome advice is dont forget to clean all your threads as well. Remember it not only affects how the various pieces seat together but also affects electrical connection as well! :)

Thanks you guys I have been noticing that too. One time when I pulled the bottom off the coil just stayed in the tank. So, tightening up the coil is what I need to do to fix the problem? Thank you. I can do that.

Patricia

The part in the tank that contacts the battery is the bottom end of the coil

Sometimes if you tighten the tank to the battery too much it compacts the coil and presses it together too much.

You can gently pull the bottom of the coil (doesn't take much). It's just a "press fit" with the body of the coil. It's easier if you remove the coil first.

Remove the coil then pull down on the bottom part a little bit? Will it pull off? If so what do I do if it does?

What he said. You don't even have to remove the coil. And doesn't take much - you can do it gently with a pair of tweezers.

• 2 weeks later...