Now how did I end up on the news...

Dr. Arnold Levinson, Director of the University of Colorado Health Smoking Cessation Service, says vaping actually can keep people smoking instead of acting as a cessation tool.

"If you’re using these devices because you think that they are safer, the evidence suggests that what they are doing is helping you keep smoking," he said. "The e-cigarettes did no better than nicotine patches in making people quit."

I call bull****!

Dr. Arnold Levinson, Director of the University of Colorado Health Smoking Cessation Service, says vaping actually can keep people smoking instead of acting as a cessation tool.

"If you’re using these devices because you think that they are safer, the evidence suggests that what they are doing is helping you keep smoking," he said. "The e-cigarettes did no better than nicotine patches in making people quit."

I call bull****!

Agreed but he also stated anything you can do to quit smoking tobacco is better for you....

Overall I think it was well balanced info, not tilting one way or the other, and that's fair..

Yep I'm the guy vaping with the hat!

Agreed but he also stated anything you can do to quit smoking tobacco is better for you....

Overall I think it was well balanced info, not tilting one way or the other, and that's fair..

Yep I'm the guy vaping with the hat!

Which guy in the hat - the first guy in the black hat (younger guy), or the really old guy in the tannish hat vaping?

I don't like what Levinson said for two reasons. For one, he said it's helping you KEEP smoking. No, it's not. It's continuing to deliver nicotine into my system, just as snus would, but you don't call that smoking, so don't call this smoking either. Number two, he said that there was no evidence that the e-cigs helped people quit more the other of the other methods. Yes, there are a couple of new studies out, I believe, showing that very thing.

As for Chantix or the other drug to kick habit, they can be dangerous.......

But still, I can't get over him saying that vaping is helping us KEEP smoking. I haven't picked up an analog since August 14 at about 2 or 3 pm, I do not willingly inhale tobacco smoke, chemical additives, tar and carcinogens every day. How is vaping still doing that?

I know right!!!! Geez Spy! See what you started!?!?

Okay VT World, a new contest !,,GUESS HOW REALLY OLD THE REALLY OLD GUY IS.!!

Winner gets a prize, I'll figure that out later, cuz I'm gonna get some help there....but it's all lagniappe ( google it *****)

CLOSEST wins, and I'll give you a hint, I was born in September!!!