Question for later

spydre

Okay, sounds weird, but I'm reserving this space for a question for later, if I can't get my father in law to take me by a B&M store on our way home, or for the really looooong post I've been working on (yes, it's broken up into paragraphs, with lines in between so it doesn't look like a wall of text.....or maybe I should break each point up into separate posts in the same thread. Thoughts on that? But for right now, I gotta go. But I have tapatalk

Sorry, been busy today. Neuro appointment, cooking dinner, the works.

Okay, first question. The other day, I noticed the remnants of my 618 that I had put in my tank just the day before were darker than the rest of my 618. So when I topped off the tank the colors kind of "mixed together", I guess (and yes, I'm sure it was 618 and 618, the same thing happened today). What could cause what had been in the tank only a day to be darker than what is in the bottle? Could I be burning it and not realizing it since I'm only tasting things right a fraction out of the day?

Also - okay, this is just a couple things I'm going to bring up in my list of things that I've been wanting to bring up since the seizure but firefox keeps crashing and eating my post, so I have to start over, so I'm just going to do it piecemeal. Okay, you know how I loved my Davide when I first got it, then it got too airy, then I changed the coil, and it was good again for about a week before it got too airy again? Well, just wondering, I tried it out after the seizure because everything vaped differently then. For, I'd say, a week, I was vaping out of that Davide with no problem, no thoughts of airiness. It wasn't until hubby took a draw off it, and mentioned that he barely got anything off of it. I took a hit off his cartomizer (and yay, I remembered what 618 was SUPPOSED to taste like), but all of the sudden the Davide was much too airy again. So I think I'm going to get some play dough and shove in one of the holes on the post - but from the time of the seizure, to the point where I pulled off hubby's carto (even though I had also used my KPT 2's and didn't notice a difference), my brain didn't recognize it as being too airy. But hubby did do a good thing, and that was suggest a wattage setting for me for 618 (7 watts). I was finally able to sometimes taste what 618 was supposed to taste like again.

As for my other flavors, well, it's hit or miss. Well, I should say SOME of them are hit or miss, others, I know I'm vaping, and I know what I'm SUPPOSED to be vaping, but it's not there. My French Vanilla, or my sample Vanilla love, nope, nothing. I can only vape chocolate banana for a couple hours, if that much, before it stops being chocolate banana, and for some reason I taste tobacco. For a few days Honey Wood was doing well, for a few hours at a time (the first week, Honey Wood and 618 were all I vaped, despite them not tasting right), but now, once I'm outside the few hours a day that things taste right to me, honey wood tastes acidic. 618 is just kinda there and well, not much of anything. Last night, Mint Chip Ice Cream worked for me - rather, it was vapable, it just didn't have much flavor, but it wasn't harsh on me, and I barely vaped that at all before, well, yesterday. It hadn't been in a tank in a couple weeks. I hadn't touched no bake cake for at least, well, it was before the seizure, but I finally started tasting it the way it used to taste yesterday or the day before....which is why I ordered more of it - because I can freaking TASTE it the way it's supposed to taste, at least I think so, when it's not being too harsh on me (I'm still working from a 24 mg nic sample, but the last of that is in my Evod, so I have to use it sparingly because they haven't packed up my order yet). The vanilla love sample, well, it's, well, vapable, but I can't taste vanilla, really (although I can more in that than I can in my french vanilla), but again, sometimes it's too harsh.

I'm not even trying my irish cream anymore, because BEFORE the seizure, when I could taste it, it was well on its way to being a purchasable Irish Cream....I don't want to waste the rest of this small bottle on me not being able to taste it (and yes, I've tried).

Milk chocolate, still a no go.

And something very strange is happening as well. For one, out of nowhere, all of my Evods (even the brand new one) seem very airy - and I'm assuming that 's just me. I thought my Pro Tank with my 618 was airy as well, and had hubby check it, and it was fine for him, so it IS just me. And three tanks, even with fresh coils, seem tight as all get out. And there seems to be less um, ooomph? but again, I think it's me. Because its from both the Zmax and the Ego stick.

So my brain is TOTALLY crossing signals. I HAVE noticed that the 618 tastes, well, better, if I'm drinking something a little more sweet. Had to cut back on my water intake, which I've had to do before, because my sodium was low, which is a side effect of a medication I just got off of.

But here's another thing on the taste spectrum (and this isn't new to this seizure, I've had this happen with other foods after a previous seizure). At the time I had the seizure, and up until about 4 days ago, Pepsi products were on sale, so I was drinking Diet Pepsi. Well, now we are back to generic soda, so I'm on generic diet cola, and um, well, it's always hard switching from one to the other, but usually by the end of the first 12 pack I'm over it? And this is just, um, I dunno if it's a bad batch, or my wiring is messed up, but it's NASTY. Diet Pepsi, even Diet Coke are SWEET, this is just....well it tastes flat, okay, do you know what EXPIRED soda tastes like? For a while, a couple weeks there like 10 years ago, half the time when I'd get my soda from the store, I'd have to dig around on the shelves because most of what they had out was expired. And then for a while, my mother in law was stocking diet pepsi at her house, but we weren't over there that often anymore, and it expired.....and that's almost exactly what this tastes like.....maybe it's me. I'm sure it's just me, and hubby's not going to be happy when I tell him I'm going to have to go back to diet pepsi (oooh, a whole $1.50 more per 12 pack). Hell, half my diet changed last time this happened. My breakfast cereal, I could no longer eat like, mixed foods, like casseroles and such (hubby still buys them, I just "pretend" to eat them, or I eat one part - like the chicken alfredo pasta vegetable stuff I'll eat the chunks of chicken and most of the pasta and then fill up on biscuits).

Okay, that's about all I can spit out for right now.

Any thoughts?

Edited by spydre

Well, I checked, it's not expired. It still has a month good on it. So I guess I'm gonna have to bite the bullet on calories, and drink the black cherry when pepsi or coke isn't on sale. At least black cherry TASTES like it's supposed to for me, and hubby won't spring for name brand soda, except for our son at college, unless it's on sale, or after we've recovered from December birthdays and X-mas. But does it darken in ONE day, in the tank, when what's in the bottle hasn't? And this tank was cleaned out within a few days ago - well, a week Thursday. That's why I'm worried I'm burning it. When hubby checked the draw and said it was fine, he did it on his mini provari, and adjusted his settings fir the resistance on my tank. So is 7 Watts too much on a 2.8 resistance, I guess is what I'm saying. I'm still learning, and not being able to taste all the time doesn't help.

The heating element will darken the liquid. Some liquids darken faster than others.

Flavor changes come and go with me all the time, I usually use 2 or more flavors throughout the day. Sometimes I have to put them away for awhile and then come back to them a couple weeks later. After flavors have been heated in a tank, the flavor can also change.

For me, the only consistent flavors are with dripping. I find flavors in my tanks die out.

Well, I checked, it's not expired. It still has a month good on it. So I guess I'm gonna have to bite the bullet on calories, and drink the black cherry when pepsi or coke isn't on sale. At least black cherry TASTES like it's supposed to for me, and hubby won't spring for name brand soda, except for our son at college, unless it's on sale, or after we've recovered from December birthdays and X-mas. But does it darken in ONE day, in the tank, when what's in the bottle hasn't? And this tank was cleaned out within a few days ago - well, a week Thursday. That's why I'm worried I'm burning it. When hubby checked the draw and said it was fine, he did it on his mini provari, and adjusted his settings fir the resistance on my tank. So is 7 Watts too much on a 2.8 resistance, I guess is what I'm saying. I'm still learning, and not being able to taste all the time doesn't help.

water!!!! drink only water!!!!! do this for a few days maybe a little lemon - your tastes will even out !

the darkening -rinse your coil out everyday sometimes twice i think that when I vape at over 4.0 volts it darkens quicker .thats why I rinse out my coil so much .

This is something I've gone over and over with my doctor about. Because of my tendencies for my sodium to drop when I drink only water, my docs prefer that I drink something non-caffeinated, but not just plain water. Water will simply run through me, and drop my sodium levels even more, getting me to the point where it could cause seizures or I could require salt tabs, as I cannot STAND putting salt on almost any food. I also mix in gatorade at times as well. Like I said, the sodium issue is a known problem, and has been happening for about 8 or 9 years (ironically, when I went on weight watchers and upped my water intake) - it's a side effect of one of my medications, and it also causes me to get ketones in my urine. No, I'm no where near diabetic, nor am I on an atkins diet, or any other diet that would cause ketosis, or any other conditions that would cause ketosis, and I get plenty of carbs. The sodium thing is a known side effect of a med I've been on since I was 16 for my epilepsy. It's never actually happened until, like I said the last 10 years. So they want me drinking anything that will go through my system slower than water will - which, is well, anything that has any ingredients.

Edit: The feeling that the Evods are airy is, well, just me. Had hubby pull off a couple of them, and they were fine for him, just as they had been fine for me before. The two brand new ones I bought today seem airy today as well.

Edited by spydre

Whoops, came back too late to edit this again. So yeah, the evod airiness is just me. I'm sure my brain will figure it out eventually.

Another Edit:

The poor guy at the vape shop really didn't know what he was getting into with me. I explained what was going on - how literally the morning of the 10th, I tasted whichever flavor fine, and then by the time the third seizure hit around 6 pm, not only did I not remember how to vape, I didn't remember what anything tasted like, and it was a week before I could even taste one or two of the flavors I had, and I was looking at the real possibility of having to replace all my flavors. With the french vanilla before, I can't be positive that it's vape tongue, same with the chocolate. When I had french vanilla tobacco in my tank, all I could taste was the tobacco because I literally could no longer taste vanilla. I haven't been able to taste vanilla in ANY vanilla flavor I've tried since the seizure, either. Well, maybe a wisp of it, but not for more than a few seconds, and more than a whiff. I didn't taste the tobacco in the french vanilla tobacco, but sure couldn't taste the vanilla, either, and in none of the samples I've tried since then. I can taste ACTUAL chocolate, but even the hot chocolate e-juice I thought I liked I tasted the hot flavor, and I don't think I tasted the chocolate flavor, so I can't taste my milk chocolate - although I can still taste the chocolate in my chocolate banana for a few hours at a time, before it inexplicably starts tasting like tobacco, when it has no tobacco flavoring in it.

He tried selling me on this licorice flavor (not Pluid, not that strong), and said after a week of vaping that, I'd be able to taste my other flavors again, but this isn't vaper's tongue that I'm dealing with. (Personally, I think he just wanted to move a bottle of stock that costs twice as much as most of the other stock.) So I picked up two, and they seem to be doing okay, there were some others I was considering before I settled on these two (I knew I was only picking up two), but I had to sit back and evaluate how would I feel after five minutes of vaping it? A couple drags off wintergreen or candy cane was nice (which I NEVER said before the seizures), or even the Kewl, but would more than a couple minutes of it make want to pitch it?

I've even dug out flavors that I was planning on trading at next month's vape meet and discovered, hey, I like some of them again. I hadn't touched Sweet Tobacco in at least a month. Was planning on trading a completely full bottle away next weekend (22 ml, 18 nic), but I emptied an evod today, and hey, what do you know, I like it again. Thinking of pulling out my Turkish Honey and trying to mix it with my honey wood and see if that works again, too.

Truthfully, I don't know if I can impose on my father in law yet again to take me to another doctor's appointment in St. Louis if I were able to get an appointment with my epileptologist while my in-laws aren't out of town, and hell, I don't know if the local neuro I used to see here, if I could get in with him, could even answer my questions about this....and whether it's permanent - but the last time this happened, after a seizure in December (just ONE seizure), it sure seemed permanent. I still can't eat raisin bran, and a bunch of the other stuff that I got turned off of at the time. I was hoping some of that stuff was just because I was taken off two meds that made me eat darn near everything I saw, but no, it was the seizure.

Edited by spydre