58 years old and fell for this.fake free starter kits

skoony

moderators,i've posted this in the new user section in all the 4 forums i'm regestered at.
please feel free to modify,remove,or move to a different forum topic as you feel necassary.
hi all,
well there i went again.
having recently recieved emails for free starter kits
i went and ordered 3.the sight i went to had 4 or 5 offers from different compinies and said these are free kits,just pay the shipping.
guess what.
wait for it.
scams all of them.
liftvapor.
ecigsbrand.com.
ecigcustomerservice.com
what they do is bill your card monthly for unwanted supplies
after yor trail period.
thets right trail.
what happened to the free starter kits.
there not free.
i got the first kit today from liftvapors.i had an issue with the charger,
the batts would'nt screw into it.wrong or damaged threading.
so i googled liftvapor and along with all the results were
buku complaints.
well i researched it some more and contacted my states attorny generals office
and developed a stratigy.
seeing i had allready opened and used liftvapors kit before i found out
it was'nt free but a trail the policy is i must get a return number from
them and return the product unused.
to void the agreement.
how can this be done?
it cant.
because to meet your obligation to they're agreement you have to use the product first.
so i will contact them and request a shipping lable from the're shipper of choice
and i'll repack it and send it back.
i'm only out my shipping charge.
otherwise i will consider this product mine.
minnesota has laws concerning hold harmless contracts.
i'll contact the other two and make them the same offer.
if you do cancel there auto billing the charge you full retail on what you got.
which i figure to 200% of retail from the overpriced ecigalike sites.
i will keep every one informed as i go through this ordeal.
regards
mike

Close your bank account ,Just go in to the bank explain what happened and they should close it and open a new one on the spot for you .Im sorry that happened those scams suck. If you need help getting a starter kit together please come here ,were here to help and possibly save you a lot of money .

Typically they grab your debit card info, and not your account info. Closing and re-issuing a new debit card should solve the issue. (Used to be a bank manager)

I recommend a good Ego starter kit! Just get one from a reliable vendor! They aren't that durable, but they are a good start. If you find you want to stick to vaping, definitely step up a little.

iTaste is a good step up if you want a reliable durable unit. I recommend EVOD tanks as well, they are small and petite and give a lot of flavor! They come in pretty colors too! Look great when attached to an Ego 1100.

-Urban

also read the small print I think some of those type company's allow you 10 days to cancel ,which most of the time the product has not even arrived via mail within that time period. go to their site and cancel now and have the money refunded. run to your bank and change your debit card, if you gave them your routing numbers will need to change your account too.

You NEVER stop going to school.......and you NEVER stop paying tuition. The best you can hope for is that the tuition steadily declines with time. You just took another class, that's all.

I celebrate any day that I can make it through without calling myself an idiot.......they occur much less often than not.

update:

i returned the one i received this Wednesday.

i got return numbers for the other 2 that have'nt arrived yet.

1 is due tomorrow according to the tracking number.7 days into the trail.

the other said 3-5 business days.no idea when it will arrive.

if it was'nt for that bad charger in the first kit i would have been clueless.

regards

mike

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I fell for the same thing, got the email on my phone and ordered the kit for shipping cost. I got home and read the fine print and seen it would auto bill me for 99$ a month, I called and had everything cancelled but still have not been refunded my shipping cost.

• 1 month later...

I too came "this close" to making the mistake. Like you I am not usually one to jump on 'free' and I am going to turn 67 in a month so age is no guarantee --- I came VERY close. Sorry you had the issue - as suggested your credit card company / financial institution should be the saving grace for you. It is a pain - but they come in handy when we have these moments. Cigarettes really are to blame! Another reason to beat those darn things!

Be well.

Dave

Edited by Arterial Puncture

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

After warning people for 25yrs of all people I got snookered into this also "ecigsbrand" somehow a pop up on my Firefox page wanted me to poll Firefox, afterwards I had the choice of 3 items "free" just pay $4.95 shipping A) Boner pills B) ecigs c) I don't remember (should have took the boner pills) but I was 1 week into my Nicoderm patch program and had bought the Blu egig from my local service station.

Never read anything about a membership or monthly billing of $80 until I began reading these forums and saw a similar warning about "ecigsbrand.com" it was then I reported my Internet Visa card lost (one just for for buying off the web) and called them to cancel, arragant little guy on the phone, I spoke in an even tone saying many times to cancel this account and that this call was being recorded, long story short I think it's all said and done...beware of these knotheads...BTW, I'm now using the Vea starter kit from Johnson Creek w/2 batts and 5 2.4% carts...I'm hoping this will end my 43yrs as a smoker

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry that this has happened to you. But there is a geat new kit that came out about 2 month ago called IJust by Eleaf. I have been using it for a month now and i dont use any of my other mods or atties now. it works great and has amazing flavor. The kit is 100$ but well worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

moderators,i've posted this in the new user section in all the 4 forums i'm regestered at.
please feel free to modify,remove,or move to a different forum topic as you feel necassary.
hi all,
well there i went again.
having recently recieved emails for free starter kits
i went and ordered 3.the sight i went to had 4 or 5 offers from different compinies and said these are free kits,just pay the shipping.
guess what.
wait for it.
scams all of them.
liftvapor.
ecigsbrand.com.
ecigcustomerservice.com
what they do is bill your card monthly for unwanted supplies
after yor trail period.
thets right trail.
what happened to the free starter kits.
there not free.
i got the first kit today from liftvapors.i had an issue with the charger,
the batts would'nt screw into it.wrong or damaged threading.
so i googled liftvapor and along with all the results were
buku complaints.
well i researched it some more and contacted my states attorny generals office
and developed a stratigy.
seeing i had allready opened and used liftvapors kit before i found out
it was'nt free but a trail the policy is i must get a return number from
them and return the product unused.
to void the agreement.
how can this be done?
it cant.
because to meet your obligation to they're agreement you have to use the product first.
so i will contact them and request a shipping lable from the're shipper of choice
and i'll repack it and send it back.
i'm only out my shipping charge.
otherwise i will consider this product mine.
minnesota has laws concerning hold harmless contracts.
i'll contact the other two and make them the same offer.
if you do cancel there auto billing the charge you full retail on what you got.
which i figure to 200% of retail from the overpriced ecigalike sites.
i will keep every one informed as i go through this ordeal.
regards
mike

Thanks for letting us know!!

I've gotten close to using some websites like that (I almost tried ecigsbrand.com), it's hard to tell who's the real deal these days; I'll keep an eye out for the fakies and report back if I find any, because I don't believe people should have to go through that...

• 3 weeks later...

I got taken too. Ad said free - just pay for shipping, then charged my credit card over $100! When I called to complain they pointed out that in the small print way at the bottom of the confirmation email they sent me it very clearly (in 1.5 font) says that this is a trial package and if not returned within 10 days of the order (which turned out to be about 2 days after I had received it) - my card would be charged. They agreed to take the charge off - which they did - and I agreed to send the kit back. Which I didn't because by the time all of this transpired I couldn't find the kit. So I feel a little guilty about that - but not much. :)

Learning often times involves tge spenditure of money. Sad but oh so true. Accept that there are scamers out there and research everything.

Use it as a learning experiance and you'll be happeir for it. And yes, simply cancel the card and get a replacement for the card, much simpler and much less aggrivating than dealing with the scamer. Ask me how I know. ;?(

Randall