58 years old and fell for this.fake free starter kits

skoony

Sorry for your bad experience. Glad they pinned this! Just remember, Vaping is a much safer alternative to smoking. Always support your local Vape Stores and buy from reputable Vendors, like you would with anything else!

Work for a bank and we see this 24/7!!!

Whatever free trial you see online, no matter what it is, even if you absolutely NEED IT. Don't.

Just don't.

Exactly how he said. They'll charge you something stupid like 2.99 and the products either never show up or get there a month later when you're already subscribed and see 100-300$ being charged for the next shipment. Which either never shows up or takes forever to get there. Then the wheel keeps turning. The amount of fraud claims we put in are rediculous.

Now. PLEASE don't take this the wrong way. But anyone that is usually older than 40 are the ones who get caught. There probably was a lot of legitamate free trials 15-20 years ago but now they're practically all scams!

I guess younger generations have grown up with the internet and have seen so much b.s. Advertising online that they ignore it 99% of the time.

Either way it's not even an age issue whatsoever but it's a trend I've seen with substantial experience in the matter. I hate getting a call from a sweet 75 year old granny that thought she was getting a bunch of free cosmetics and now has to wait through an investigation to get her pension cheque back... Horrible!

Stick to reputable sites or ones that a friend suggests. Personally I never order something from somewhere online that I haven't had someone close to me order from before.

Happy shopping!

Work for a bank and we see this 24/7!!!

Whatever free trial you see online, no matter what it is, even if you absolutely NEED IT. Don't.

Just don't.

Exactly how he said. They'll charge you something stupid like 2.99 and the products either never show up or get there a month later when you're already subscribed and see 100-300$ being charged for the next shipment. Which either never shows up or takes forever to get there. Then the wheel keeps turning. The amount of fraud claims we put in are rediculous.

Now. PLEASE don't take this the wrong way. But anyone that is usually older than 40 are the ones who get caught. There probably was a lot of legitamate free trials 15-20 years ago but now they're practically all scams!

I guess younger generations have grown up with the internet and have seen so much b.s. Advertising online that they ignore it 99% of the time.

Either way it's not even an age issue whatsoever but it's a trend I've seen with substantial experience in the matter. I hate getting a call from a sweet 75 year old granny that thought she was getting a bunch of free cosmetics and now has to wait through an investigation to get her pension cheque back... Horrible!

Stick to reputable sites or ones that a friend suggests. Personally I never order something from somewhere online that I haven't had someone close to me order from before.

Happy shopping!

I have been Vaping for a short time and have noticed that there are a lot of scammers out there trying to advertise BS fake tanks as real ones… Lots of Kanger fakes! My Brother has had to help me with deciphering what's what… Crazyness….

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thats horrible! There are a lot of great sellers out there so don't let those negative ones speak for the good. I always do a little research to see who I'm buying from, facebook groups, reviews and youtube etc...

If something seems to good to be true, it usually is!

How to be sure we are not dealing with scammers??

I google a company and see if they have any sort of backbone in regards to background info: like if you type in the name and multiple finds come up (not a 1 google find company). Facebook groups, twitter accounts, youtube reviews. Just to see if people are talking about the company in a postive light

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello fellow vapers its the reason why I like the B & Ms walk in ask for what you want get it and leave no waiting no praying that you didn't get scamed sorry about what happen scamers make it hard for honest folk to do business they all should be ran out of business. maybe if there was a site that they could be put on to let everybody know don't do business with these companies then maybe they would think twice.........

Hello fellow vapers its the reason why I like the B & Ms walk in ask for what you want get it and leave no waiting no praying that you didn't get scamed sorry about what happen scamers make it hard for honest folk to do business they all should be ran out of business. maybe if there was a site that they could be put on to let everybody know don't do business with these companies then maybe they would think twice.........

I have yet to get a knockoff anything ordering from reputable online vendors yet virtually every shop in my area sells knockoffs as authentic. Don't fall into the trap of thinking if it came from a B&M it must be authentic imo. It will not be long before I celebrate 2 years tobacco free and have yet to make a purchase at a B&M and plan to keep it that way.

Hello fellow vapers its the reason why I like the B & Ms...

I agree 100%. Especially for beginners who don't really know what they are getting or know exactly what they need.

A B&M may sell unmarked clones but you will never be scammed the way the OP is describing

Plus, with a B&M, you can pay cash; a sure guarantee there will no credit card voodoo going on. No online retailer can offer that protection.

I agree 100%. Especially for beginners who don't really know what they are getting or know exactly what they need.

A B&M may sell unmarked clones but you will never be scammed the way the OP is describing

Plus, with a B&M, you can pay cash; a sure guarantee there will no credit card voodoo going on. No online retailer can offer that protection.

Maybe not to that degree but it takes an expert to spot the better knockoffs (clone is a term I reserve for well build mech. mods not cheap knockoffs of Spinners and Tanks etc...)

To each their own but it is my opinion you will get a fake a LOT quicker at a B&M than a well researched reputable online vendor. I would advise beginners to do research as to what they need and order them from one of the main 4 or 5 online suppliers at a fraction of the cost of B&M PLUS they will be getting real Vision, Kanger, Aspire etc....

A beginner buying cheap knockoffs as authentic can push them back to smoking since they usually do not work as well.

Edited by bcartervol98

Tell me some of the online retailers you use.... I will admit that it has been long while since I ordered online and got scamed out of a lot of money It took me two years to get it all back and a class action lawsuit help too but I swore off of online ordering at that time

Tell me some of the online retailers you use.... I will admit that it has been long while since I ordered online and got scamed out of a lot of money It took me two years to get it all back and a class action lawsuit help too but I swore off of online ordering at that time

VaporTalk Store (Hardware)

Sweet-Vapes (with the dash(-) not without) (Hardware)

ECBlends (liquid only)

Fuzion Vapor (liquid only)

It has been a very long time since I ordered anything from anyone but these 4 suppliers. I have yet to not be able to find what I need and always get authentic products for 50-70% of the prices the local shops charge for mostly knockoffs. Shipping is either free of less than the gas to drive to a B&M plus I do not have to waste any of my time shopping which I hate. I think many if not most on here would feel comfortable ordering anything from these 4 suppliers. I know what I like and at this point everything is a "re-order" lol.

In no particular order:

Fadora Vapor (hardware but mostly juice)

Vapor Talk store (mostly hardware, some juice)

The Veteran Vaper (hardware)

EC Blends (juice)

Five Pawns (juice)

Vape Dudes (juice)

GotVapes (hardware)

Mad Vapes (hardware)

Discount Vapers (hardware)

Most of my business these days is going to the VT store, Fadora and EC Blends for superb, high quality products and juices but mostly for excellent customer service! :D