RBA vs RDA...Which Do You Prefer?

Rixter

RDA because I prefer direct dripping. I'm still new to these but I'm looking around. I don't care for how big around the tanks are on RBAs -- for now. I use Vision Spinners and the huge tanks make my set up top heavy. Once I get into a mod, that might change... :D

The reason I ask this question is because I have a UD AGI, which is convertible between the two formats, but I hesitate changing to RDA mode if the Genesis-style offers a superior vape experience.

f-agi.jpg

Genesis mode vs dripping mode.

Edited by Rixter

I prefer my RDA's because I find they are more durable, less prone to fussing with(once you learn how to set them up), and I don't like as mesh. I'm just not a fan of the flavor at all. I like my kayfuns and my ithaka's. So those are the only RBA's I have anymore but those are silica builds.

Thats a cool tool Rix........ But where does the juice hit the coil in tank mode?

In Genesis mode, it's just like an AGA-T2. The coil is wrapped around a vertical rolled SS wick inserted through the top deck and down into the tank.

gallery_15088_188_58943.jpg

Edited by Rixter

Typically, they refer to the advanced procedure of rebuilding atomizers in to custom resistances for use with various tanks and mods (battery configurations designed to generate more power than a typical ego style battery)

In dripping, you have a chamber and an atomizer designed to direct drip juice right on to the coil.

Custom resistances give you different power levels and performance - more vapor!

Edited by Bebop12

The reason I ask this question is because I have a UD AGI, which is convertible between the two formats, but I hesitate changing to RDA mode if the Genesis-style offers a superior vape experience.

f-agi.jpg

Genesis mode vs dripping mode.

So I'm thinking this one would be a great place to start ( as I have to, nobody at the shop knows squat about rebuildables, so I get to be the expert, geez)

A good one to learn on? Medic? Rix ?

Ugh. While I still sorta like my Vision Eternity RDA, I'll tell you to stay away from them, Troy. Just like all the other Vision products, I just discovered that if left alone for a bit -- the damned things leak. Argh! :wallbash:

Edited by Tameiki

So I'm thinking this one would be a great place to start ( as I have to, nobody at the shop knows squat about rebuildables, so I get to be the expert, geez)

A good one to learn on? Medic? Rix ?

I'll give you the same advice I was given. Either start with a genesis tank or a dripper. The hybrids while convenient and kills two birds with one stone, can have outside issues that you may not be used to and the curve of rebuilding is steep enough. I personally think a dripper is the easiest way to start because there are no extra parts. It's simply just a few posts and a coil. A tank could leak, you have SS mesh that you have to learn how you wrap on, it's just a different learning curve but it was definitely frustrating to me. So you are more then welcome to grab the hybrid and see if it works but I would recommend an RDA or something like a dripper. The vision eternity is nice but there is a cheaper version called the Venus that is sold on vape dudes. I have one and I love this little bugger. Plus it's easier to rebuild since it's just little posts that go on the ends of the coil. :)

i like rba a tad more than the rda's. i have the 4 rsst by smoketech but I have several of the rdas - most r in the igo line of alphabet soup.W, L and F and I am currently on the lookout for at a more expensive and special rba to see how it compares with the cheap one.

They each have their place. RDAs are great for testing new flavors, or vaping a flavor that I'm not going to spend the next two days vaping on. If I am going to make that kind of time investment, and delve into a flavor that I would put in a Genny, it had better be good....like Boba's!!!

So, I guess I primarily use RDAs. Both dual and single coil units, but I find I spend more time with the single coils as they are a lot easier to tear down and rebuild.

So, I guess I primarily use RDAs. Both dual and single coil units, but I find I spend more time with the single coils as they are a lot easier to tear down and rebuild.

Which single coil RDA would you recommend to a newbie to RDAs?

I have heard good things about the IGO-L. The only difference between the IGO-L and the IGO-W is the single pole and single air hole, while the IGO-W is a dual pole with 2 air holes.

The Igo-L is pretty much the gold standard among single coil units. My only complaint is that the air hole is placed a bit low. As for the air flow, I usually drill my attys to my liking when I first get them. So, I cannot comment on the stock air hole....you might like it, or it might feel loose. If you want to take a big lung hit to take advantage of sub-ohms and blow big clouds, you're going to have to do some drilling. That's where the placement becomes an issue. I'll get a photo of mine when I get home from work to illustrate what I'm talking about. The unit is super easy to set up, and use. I might sound like a UD fanboy, but I cannot think of any rock-solid, user-friendly rebuildable devices for beginners better than UD products. Edited by CascadianExotics

As promised, here is my Igo-L showing the overlap between the drilled out air hole, and the visible inner lip. The only benefit I see is that if you tilt the cap, then you have variable air flow control....like a Triton at a quarter of the price!!!

Posted Image

You can get both styles of units fairly cheap. I think my igo w cost me $15 And my aga cost me $20. welcome to the dark side aqua!!!!' Also you can rebuild your protank coils... That would be a GREAT way to start

Building a Protank coil, which I do regularly, is an occupation ideal for sadists. It's the fiddliest mesh I can think of, especially to start on ;)

I don't have a AGI, and every one who's talked about them complains about leaks.

A Aga is quite big to learn to make coils on, Cobra clones are cheap, but TINY, with pesky little screws you can hardly see. DiD's are, as far as mine is concerned at any rate, great when they work, but again, tiny, although the coils are bigger, but not the screws, and when you lose one, damned expensive. Haven't tried the RSST, looks bigish, with some place to work in.

When you drip, it's constant work, although the taste is great. But you can drip onto your coil in a RBA genesis type.

With a genesis type RBA you have a tank of juice to get through before you need to refill it.

There are hundreds of very descriptive, easy to follow videos on YouTube, that show the different methods of setting up a coil, and even how to make your own genesis RBA :D

It's not that hard, it's the first one or two times that hurt, then you get the hang of it. And SS wicks last a long time, even if you may need to rewind the coil resistive.

I don't ever drip now. I have RBA's, and I love them. I also have Protanks, T3s, and some 901 atties and tanks for tasting juices. Maybe one day I'll get another RDA, but for tasting my newly mixed juices, no more.

Good luck with your choice, it's enormous ;)