Anyone on here read books....

I'm a big reader too. If its good, I'll read it no matter the genre. Loved Odd Thomas. Love the Reacher series. Love SciFi. Reminds me, saw a preview for "Ender's Game" in the theater today. Looks good. Currently reading "An American Caddie in St. Andrews". Always looking for good recommendations....

I just finished World War Z last week. It was pretty good, kinda dragged at the end though. I have A.D.D. so I am usually reading at least 3 books at the same time, one at a time rarely keeps my focus unless it's REAL good. I love all genres, but as of late I've been on a ScFi kick

LOL I do! I love to read !

I am reading the Landry series by V.C. Andrews LOVE it !

BUT- I am a die hard e book fan,I can carry 100 books on my tablet and it fits in my purse.Plus my hands are weird from being wet so much at work I really hate the feel of paper on my finger tips.

Avid reader here too. Mostly mystery action novels. Clancey, Patterson, etc.. but I enjoy all forms.

Hey Mark! If you only read Non-fiction, how will you ever learn what NOT to do when you're faced with a monster of whatever magnitude?

Top 10 lessons learned from scarey novels:

1. Never look back while you're running, or you will trip over something.

2. Never say "Who's there?" as you're sneaking around looking for whoever is there.

3. Oh crap, I forgot...

LOL I do! I love to read !

I am reading the Landry series by V.C. Andrews LOVE it !

BUT- I am a die hard e book fan,I can carry 100 books on my tablet and it fits in my purse.Plus my hands are weird from being wet so much at work I really hate the feel of paper on my finger tips.

My mom used to LOVE V.C. Andrews....and I don't know how I survived before e books. I have a Kindle Keyboard and Kindle Paperwhite, plus the Kindle app on my iPad and phone...I have about 2000 books on my Kindle Keyboard.

I read non-fiction books at times, but at the risk of sounding bad, I am convinced any book worth reading will eventually become a movie lol.

I used to read autobiographies and biographies when I was younger. I just wanted to know how successful people became that way. I took a little bit of knowledge out of everyone's books and tried to use it in my life. Funny thing was though that the spectrum of different personalities was crazy. I would read about, Bill Cosby, then Tupac, then Rush Limbaugh, then Dennis Rodman.

You are right about the books becoming movies thing. I am a big fan of all of Max Barry's books and I just found out they made a movie out of his book, Syrup. If Hollywood would look to literature instead of old movies and t.v. Shows from the 80's as source material, the movies out right now would be ALOT better.

• 2 weeks later...

Because I've been spending too much money on vaping, my next book was going to be Rick Austin's "Secret Garden of Survival: How to Grow a Camouflaged Garden in the Forest". But the PrepperJournal guy gave it a thumbs down for lack of instructions, so now I don't know what I'll read. Maybe I'll get it anyway, what the hay.

Non-fiction only for me. If I'm reading, I'm gonna be learning something. ;)

I've learned quite a few things from well written fiction, for instance currently reading 'Avenger' by Frederick Forsyth. A fiction novel which taught me that the bravest, the toughest, and the most fearless in Viet Nam wasn't the Green Berets, the SEALS, the Rangers, etc., but a elite group I knew of, but knew little about, the Tunnel Rats. What they would do is beyond my comprehension. Thank you Mr. Forsyth.

Last 5:

-SEAL team 6 - Wasdin and Templin

-Plum Island - Nelson Demille

-Battleship: The Loss of the Prince of Wales and the Repulse - Martin Middlebrook

-On Combat - Dave Grossman

Currently, 'Avenger' - Frederick Forsyth

You can learn quite a bit from the right fiction authors like Michael Creighton, David Morrell... :)

Oh man, I tell you one of the, if not 'the', best books I ever read was Creighton's 'Timeline'. Wow, did that take me to another place.

Oh man, I tell you one of the, if not 'the', best books I ever read was Creighton's 'Timeline'. Wow, did that take me to another place.

If you want to read another quality series try The Brotherhood of the Rose, The Covenant of the Stone, and The Fifth Profession. Politics, intrigue, assassins, trust, betrayal...a page turner with so much research done by the author David Morrell. :)

Oops. The Fifth Profession is a stand alone. The third book of the series I was talking about is The League of Night and Fog.

Edited by Tameiki

If you want to read another quality series try The Brotherhood of the Rose, The Covenant of the Stone, and The Fifth Profession. Politics, intrigue, assassins, trust, betrayal...a page turner with so much research done by the author David Morrell. :)

Oops. The Fifth Profession is a stand alone. The third book of the series I was talking about is The League of Night and Fog.

Okay, you just loaded me up for the next year........I only read before sleep, and if I make it through half a chapter, I'm doing really good.

Okay, you just loaded me up for the next year........I only read before sleep, and if I make it through half a chapter, I'm doing really good.

Lol! I'm just the opposite. If I start a good book I'll stay up all night reading and won't put it down. Books that are well researched, well written with believable characters, good pacing, little to no plot holes, no Mary Sues or Marty Stews get me every time.