Anyone on here read books....

I like a variety of different books. Like Mark i enjoy reading a lot of non-fiction to learn some stuff here and there. But i also enjoy non-fiction as well. Have about 2 chapters left in World War Z. Really enjoying this book so far.

I like a variety of different books. Like Mark i enjoy reading a lot of non-fiction to learn some stuff here and there. But i also enjoy non-fiction as well. Have about 2 chapters left in World War Z. Really enjoying this book so far.

I have seen the movie "World War Z", but am interested in reading the novel and/or listening to the audio book, I understand the movie diverges quite a bit from the novel.

Edited by ArnieH

I decided to not see the movie in theaters because i heard some pretty bad reviews. that being said i've been dying to see it for a long time now as i'm kind of a zombie nerd so no one ruin it for me! i'll be renting it as soon as it comes out.

• 2 weeks later...

I've learned quite a few things from well written fiction, for instance currently reading 'Avenger' by Frederick Forsyth. A fiction novel which taught me that the bravest, the toughest, and the most fearless in Viet Nam wasn't the Green Berets, the SEALS, the Rangers, etc., but a elite group I knew of, but knew little about, the Tunnel Rats. What they would do is beyond my comprehension. Thank you Mr. Forsyth.

My brother did the tunnel rat thing with the 173rd Airborne. Flashlight in one hand, .45 in the other. I remember a snapshot from one of the undeveloped instamatic film carts he sent home with him kneeling behind a blindfolded vc kid he pulled out of one.

My reading over the years has tended towards non-fiction military history kind of stuff, usually WWII or Civil War.But I've read a lot of great fiction and sci-fi too.Some of my favorite fiction works were by Michener, Ludlum and H.G. Wells. Have also read a lot of stuff by little known authors that imo shouldn't have remained little known.

I used to tell people that books were the best movies ever made. They play silently but vividly inside your head, on demand, no special effects required.

Edited by irwink