Couple questions

Ryan5887

I am new to this vaping thing. I'm just curious of long term affect and if vaping will still kill you and give you cancer. Also, has anyone ever had any negative health side effects from vaping?. I read an article though saying that some flavors are worse than others, and one of them mentioned was strawberry. I have a strawberry juice mixed with two other flavors. Why is strawberry e juice so bad? Now i'm worrying about vaping it. Thanks 

To the best of my knowledge there has been no long term studies concerning vaping. Flavors can have artificial flavoring in them, depending on the maker. The British equivalent of our AMA say vaping is 95% safer than smoking.

You can read opinions on the internet about vaping, some of the so called facts have been proven wrong.

From what I hear some diabetics have problems with vaping because it raises their blood sugar, but other than that it depends on the persons system as to how they handle it. 

Vaping has not been around long enough to have any "long term studies" performed, and honestly, if we leave it to any university or government health organization to run those studies, they'll be sure to say that vaping will cause you to grow extra limbs.... because any group that receives federal funding will be sure to espouse the dangers, even if they are 0.0001%, and provide results to sway you towards Federally Approved methods, such as patches, inhalers, gum, drugs (Chantix), etc.... all of which have an extremely LOW SUCCESS RATE and horrible side-effects (in the case of Chantix).

In my humble opinion, and no I'm not a doctor, but I have great experience in healthcare... ANYTHING is better than smoking!  There are some flavor additives such as diacetyl, which give a buttery-flavor, which are not good for you to vape.  Most, if not all, manufacturers have moved away from it, but I'm sure you'll find it somewhere.  I've never heard anything so absurd as "strawberry vape flavors are harmful"... so don't believe everything you read on FB!

As for side-effects... if you think breathing better, feeling better, having greater lung capacity, more energy, no coughing up a lung every morning, and better blood test results than you've had in 30 years is a "side-effect", then yes, they're are side-effects, lol...  Seriously, though, vaping does dehydrate you, so you must drink lots and lots of WATER, and some people have allergies to PG (Propylene Glycol), but they are few and far between.  Vaping isn't for everyone, but even the Royal College of Physicians (UK) has issued paper after paper proving that vaping is AT LEAST 95% less harmful than smoking... and their peer-reviewed numbers are in the 98-99% ranges!

As with anything, do so at your own risk, but millions of ex-smokers who vape (or have vaped) to kick the smoking habit, can't all be wrong with their choice of cessation mechanism!

Sad to say, you can't trust mainstream media like this report.  Even though this report is dated 6 oct 2016, do you notice that they don't cite when the study was done?  This report is based on "old" research done years ago which has long since been debunked.  For example, they stated that formaldehyde was formed by "high wattage" devices.  What they don't tell you is that it was discovered that they jacked the wattage up in testing far higher than a normal device was even capable of producing. This was debunked a couple of few years ago.  They are very clever in their language - they say things like "strawberry flavors were the most toxic" but they don't give you any numbers to compare with. Interesting right?  Why don't they report the numbers?  Because "more toxic" gets you scared and them off the hook for saying something of any substance.  In all likelihood, strawberry flavors are insignificantly more toxic than any other flavors.  And don't forget, terms like "toxic" are relative terms.  

These kinds of reports are not meant to be informative from any objective point of view.  These are propaganda reports designed to scare you away from THE BEST ALTERNATIVE to smoking ever invented and have you running back to big Pharma for patches or pills.  Your health is not their interest.  Your wallet is, and damn your health.

Edited by Bebop

4 hours ago, Ryan5887 said:

Just an observation but:

Notice how they didn't link to the study so you can draw your own conclusions. I like fox but they are in big pharma's back pocket. For the last year or so they have NEVER run a positive article on how vaping has helped millions. You might try NaturalNews.com and search their articles,  they actually list source material or read the many articles that are linked on this sight (good and bad).

Once vaping has been around for several decades, then we might see a study that tells us more about long term effects of vaping and your health. Until then, we'll continue to see so-called "studies" like the one referred to in this article. The article itself as no real information or hard numbers or how they came to their "conclusions." They also don't say anything about where the money came from to fund the research. Be very skeptical when you come across article like this, it may or may not have the facts -- might be they're reporting "alternate facts". LOL

In a word, yes.

There is nothing specific about strawberry flavoring unless you happen to be allergic to strawberries and the flavoring is naturally extracted from strawberries.  The strawberry flavor you read about was most likely cited from an old story about a particular liquid that was found to contain (at the time) a high amount of a chemical called diacetyl.  The liquid in question was Mother's Milk manufactured by Suicide Bunny.  Even if you are vaping that now, they have since changed their formula and no longer use diacetyl in any of their products.

There are a lot of myths and misinformation being spread around the internet.  But there are also a lot of ways to debunk those myths and get the real story behind the information.  Hitting up the forums and asking is one way.  Google is another.  Trust me, for every negative story out there about vaping in general, there is a story to debunk the bad information in it.

If I remember correctly it was first reported by Dr. Konstatinos Farsalinos.  He is actually a huge advocate for vaping and has conducted several studies on the effects of vaping.  He conducted some independent tests on several eliquids a couple of years ago and found that several liquids actually contained diacetyl and another chemical called acetyl propionyl.  Both chemicals are commonly used and are safe for ingestion, but are not regarded as safe for inhalation.  Somehow Suicide Bunny eliquids as a brand and Mother's Milk eliquid became the scapegoat in the whole situation when the news started getting spread around the internet.  The truth of the matter is, something like 70% of the liquids he tested contained diacetyl, acetyl propionyl or both.

Ahhh every article I looked at said it was a different guy that tested them and it didn't say the brand of e liquid. That's what I assumed though that it was the brand.  Do you have an article that said it was suicide bunny? If not it's okay i'm jjst trying to make myself feel better about it Haha 

There are other companies that tested the liquids for themselves after he released his report.  Even Suicide Bunny responded to it and, after changing their ingredients, had their own testing done.  It should be noted that there were many, many liquids tested by many manufacturers.  Suicide Bunny just seemed to take the brunt of the criticism.

Click this link.  Fortunately Google and I are great friends.  There is a tone of information specifically citing Mother's Milk by Suicide Bunny.

lol...KCAVO

Keep Calm and Vape On

When in doubt, consider this: so far there have been zero studies to definitively conclude vaping is dangerous to your health.  There have also been zero studies to definitively conclude it is perfectly safe.  But...there have been plenty of studies that show vaping is up to 95% safer than cigarettes.

Edited by Adversarious1

34 minutes ago, Adversarious1 said:

lol...KCAVO

Keep Calm and Vape On

When in doubt, consider this: so far there have been zero studies to definitively conclude vaping is dangerous to your health.  There have also been zero studies to definitively conclude it is perfectly safe.  But...there have been plenty of studies that show vaping is up to 95% safer than cigarettes.

That is the only I can look at it.  I already feel much better after just about a month of vaping.  I also enjoy vaping much more that smoking.  As far as vaping not being perfectly safe, it doesn't matter to me.  I have proven by trial that I can not quit inhaling nicotine.  Best way I can describe it.  Something in my hand.  Something to inhale.  Nicotine.  All components of the addiction.  For me it's a simple choice.  I'm an old person.  I don't anticipate any "long term" studies being completed in my lifetime. 

2 minutes ago, Adversarious1 said:

I want to get to be that old (however old that is), which is why I looked to vaping to get me off the analogs in the first place.

I'm older than dirt, Adversarious, and probably one of the few rare females who isn't afraid to say so.  :D 

10 hours ago, Tam said:

I'm older than dirt, Adversarious, and probably one of the few rare females who isn't afraid to say so.  :D 

I resemble this remark LOL ;)  I'm older than @Tam (by a few months anyway)

I never thought I'd make it to this age but I'm glad I did. Since I found vaping it's like turning back the clock a bit on lung volume and energy.

Edited by Edna

13 hours ago, Tam said:

I no longer feel old (thanks to vaping), but my kids constantly remind me that I worked my way through college by photographing dinosaurs with my "polarock" camera :D