Hello all looking for suggestions

Uncivil11

Hi all. Been vaping about 2 years and currently using a kanger sub box mini with an aspire cleito tank with .4 coils. I like the cloud and feel of 40 watts. I have tried turning the wattage down but the vapor production I don't care for. I'm more of a set it and forget it type as I don't care for all the tinkering. However I feel like a change is in order. I have fell in love with Pancake man at 6mg level. I'm looking for either a new setup or just new tank. I want to maintain the flavor and cloud level I have now but however I am looking for a cooler vape. I tend to take 4 or 6 big lung hits and the setup gets real hot. Also this juice seems to gunk up the coil quickly. I don't want to have to change them out every 3 days. My tank seems to leak through the air holes randomly which is one reason I'm considering a change as i hate driving down the road to find juice all over my hands. So I guess I am asking for a setup similar cloud, same or improved flavor, cooler vape, easy fill tank simple maintenance, not changing coils every 3 days maybe better batter life. Any good suggestions or am I chasing a myth that doesn't exist?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hmm you definitely shouldn't have any leaking! (I hate the smell of  eliquid on my hands) Sounds like the setup you have now isn't horrible outside of the leaking issue. Are you sure the tank isn't missing any of it's rubber o - rings? (I had my old Aerotank start leaking through the air holes only to find out one of the rubber rings had fallen off)

hmm you definitely shouldn't have any leaking! (I hate the smell of  eliquid on my hands) Sounds like the setup you have now isn't horrible outside of the leaking issue. Are you sure the tank isn't missing any of it's rubber o - rings? (I had my old Aerotank start leaking through the air holes only to find out one of the rubber rings had fallen off)

Thank you for the reply. I don't feel the setup is bad per say either but I am not opposed to something new and retiring this to a backup. I have looked for missing rings or nicks and don't see anything. When I remove my tank it isn't uncommon to see some juice in the connector either and I clean it out with a q tip. Like I said a cooler running setup would be preferred because as I vape it kind of burns the roof of my mouth around the 4th pull. I didn't know if maybe a temp control setup. I could alter how I vape but I thought about maybe tuning my setup would be better to changing my style. There is so much information out there my head spins and I get confused. I used the RTA setup and was cleaning the coils and putting new cotton in for a while but got tired of the weekly routine and went back to drop in coils.

Shoot, I've been doing this since 2008 and it makes my head spin too. Ridiculous amount of options these days!

You'll likely get a ton of answers, mostly because there are so many options but I find I have two tanks that seem to do well in the Vapor Talk Store. The Nautilus or the Nautilus Mini. The tank has been around for a little while but it's solid, I personally haven't had leaking issues with it and I get a nice warm vape. (I also fly often which is the ultimate leak test with the cabin pressure) I should note that what liquid you use is important too, if the liquid is too thin (PG based) it'll leak everywhere. 

Another option our customers all seem to love is the TFV8 Beast Tank. Performs well, no leaking issues and lots of coil options. (For example sounds like you might want to opt for temp control) 

If you want a complete no fuss solution, you might also try looking at some of the AIO kits. They're cheap but mostly hassle free. The voltage is much much lower but I find the vapor product is still decent. 

As for the device I'm about to add a couple new devices this evening. One of them being the new Vape Forward Vapor Flask 150w. They literally just arrived and it's a sleek looking thing! (I might even dip into the inventory and snag one for myself) 

Shoot, I've been doing this since 2008 and it makes my head spin too. Ridiculous amount of options these days!
You'll likely get a ton of answers, mostly because there are so many options but I find I have two tanks that seem to do well in the Vapor Talk Store. The Nautilus or the Nautilus Mini. The tank has been around for a little while but it's solid, I personally haven't had leaking issues with it and I get a nice warm vape. (I also fly often which is the ultimate leak test with the cabin pressure) I should note that what liquid you use is important too, if the liquid is too thin (PG based) it'll leak everywhere. 
Another option our customers all seem to love is the TFV8 Beast Tank. Performs well, no leaking issues and lots of coil options. (For example sounds like you might want to opt for temp control) 
If you want a complete no fuss solution, you might also try looking at some of the AIO kits. They're cheap but mostly hassle free. The voltage is much much lower but I find the vapor product is still decent. 
As for the device I'm about to add a couple new devices this evening. One of them being the new Vape Forward Vapor Flask 150w. They literally just arrived and it's a sleek looking thing! (I might even dip into the inventory and snag one for myself) 

The leaking isn't all the time which confuses me it's random. Not always with a full tank not after filling. It will just be sitting there not being used and I will see a trail of juice and the. It's all over my hands on my phone on my iPad on my pants. I don't remember what I liked or disliked about my Triton tank or the one that came with the sub box. When the cleito came out I got it just because it was new. I dislike how I have to drain the tank to change coils.

Like I said I like the pancake man right now but it doesn't say what the pg/vg ratio is so I don't know. I definitely prefer the sweets. I wish I could find something that doesn't dehydrate me however. I drink so much water and constantly thirsty and dry mouth since the switch from analog. Even been tested for diabetes because of the thirst.

I was looking at the TFV8 tank but it says mouth to lung and I prefer direct lung. I like how it looks to fill. A lot of the jibber jabber confuses me so I look for key phrases such as that. Same for the Nautilus. It usually just frustrates me and I don't buy anything because I'm afraid of getting something that doesn't work for me. I only thought a tc setup to keep the vape cooler because like I said this tends to run hot at times.

The leaking isn't all the time which confuses me it's random. Not always with a full tank not after filling. It will just be sitting there not being used and I will see a trail of juice and the. It's all over my hands on my phone on my iPad on my pants. I don't remember what I liked or disliked about my Triton tank or the one that came with the sub box. When the cleito came out I got it just because it was new. I dislike how I have to drain the tank to change coils.

Like I said I like the pancake man right now but it doesn't say what the pg/vg ratio is so I don't know. I definitely prefer the sweets. I wish I could find something that doesn't dehydrate me however. I drink so much water and constantly thirsty and dry mouth since the switch from analog. Even been tested for diabetes because of the thirst.

I was looking at the TFV8 tank but it says mouth to lung and I prefer direct lung. I like how it looks to fill. A lot of the jibber jabber confuses me so I look for key phrases such as that. Same for the Nautilus. It usually just frustrates me and I don't buy anything because I'm afraid of getting something that doesn't work for me. I only thought a tc setup to keep the vape cooler because like I said this tends to run hot at times.

Now I remember I didn't like the kanger tank because of the airflow was too restrictive

I see well I would allow a few other members to comment as well (we've got a couple Vapor Talkers on here that literally have half a stores collection worth of devices. They've always got some solid feedback) 

The dry mouth isn't unusual when vaping though I find that to be the case more with VG based eliquids than PG. If you happen to make an order in the VT store, let me know via PM (before it goes out) and I'll add some Vapor Talk Black Label (You'll probably like Crown Jewels or Adams Apple) I hate dry mouth and kept this in mind when making the liquids. 

I'm a mouth to lung vapor, rather than direct ( to hot for me) so I'm probably biased in my suggestions. To be honest though, I've tried so many tanks, RDA's, RBA's, ABC XYZ and after awhile it comes down to minor differences. It's not like the old days where we had significant steps forward in hardware generations. I think you can probably choose anything with a decent airflow and you'll be alright. 

Give this post another hour or so and you'll probably get a little more guidance. (By the way I do occasionally direct lung inhale with the Nautilus with no issues, I just find I get a ton of vapor without that nice hit in the back of your throat, more of a long running burn instead. But that's just me)  

2 minutes ago, Uncivil11 said:

Now I remember I didn't like the kanger tank because of the airflow was too restrictive

Yup, at the time the Kanger Aerotank's were great. One of the first tanks that allowed for airflow adjustment. But compared to most of the tanks today (which allow for far more airflow), they're crap ;) You'll also find, at least in the aerotank, they don't handle High Wattage very well or heavy VG liquids. (You just end up with the infamous burnt toast taste) 

I don't know where you live, but altitude change can make a tank leak. I live about 15 mi from town, and there's about a 500 ft. difference in altitude, and if I don't take a hit every mile or so the tank will start to leak. There are too many good tanks to mention, some prefer the baby beast, some prefer the subtank mini, both have good air flow. Lately when at home I use a squonk box (Kanger 160w dripbox). Personally I use TC most of the time, it lets me control the vape temp better than just trying to pick the right coil, and watts to get the vape temp I want. 

Just from reading your posts, I can tell you what you didn't like about the Triton (both the version 1 and 2). The airflow would be too restrictive for you. For the most part, the Triton tanks are better for mouth to lung vapers rather than direct lung. That's why I love them so much but it probably won't work as well for you.

@Earthling789, @Adversarious1, @jasonculp Any of these three guys might have some good recommendations for your style of vaping. They're also very, very good at helping you shop...  :D  

@Tam is right about the Triton... it is far better suited for MTL vaping (like the Aerotank or Nautilus) even though it does have slightly more air-flow.  My fiance' loves her Nautilus, and she will use the Triton, but isn't fond of the large-bore drip-tip.  And, if you make use of the top air-flow for lung-hits, you don't get as much vapor...

There are dozens of good tanks out there right now, and I've not tried them all (and don't plan to) because I've found the one I like best, which is the Kanger Subtank mini, and it's little brother, the Nano.  They have good airflow for lung-hits, coils are cheap (and lots of resistance variety), the mini's come with an RBA deck, and they are just plain reliable and bullet-proof vaping :)  I run the 1.2 Ohm  horizontal coils for flavor, but the 0.5 Ohm are great for clouds, and the optional SS or Ni200 coils are well suited for TC (although I'm not fond of the flavor of the Ni200).  You can also use a variety of coil styles in them... OCC, SOCC, and the old BDC coils (Aerotank / KPT3) in a pinch.

I've thought  about the baby beast because everyone raves about them, but I'm not a cloud-chaser, so I've just not pulled the trigger on one yet... and may not unless I find one on massive sale or use my points to buy it...

The TFV8 is most defiantly a direct lung hit tank

A second on that. I don't know why anybody would call the TFV8 a mouth to lung tank. I currently have 2 TFV8 Cloud Beasts and 2 TFV8 Baby Beasts in rotation. Both are DTL all the way, although if I want MTL it is possible with the Baby Beast, but I have different tanks for that.

As far as TC options on those tanks you would have to go with your own coils on the RBA deck because there are no factory nickel, SS or titanium coils available for them that I have seen. However, as@Christopher mentioned, there are a ton of coil options available for them.

Somewhere on here I have a more detailed write-up on the Cloud Beast and I also did a video review of the Baby Beast. Both are great tanks with great vapor production, the coils last more than just a couple of days (in fact, I have had each coil last 3+ weeks) and, for me, flavor production is awesome. Better on the Baby Beast, but awesome on both.

Lastly, Pancake Man is an 80/20 VG/PG blend.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Earthling789 said:

...she will use the Triton, but isn't fond of the large-bore drip-tip. 

Why not just put on a smaller bore drip tip? That's what I do since I don't care for the large bore style myself. The top part that comes off so you can fill the tank? Just put a different drip tip on that, it's basically a 510 connection. Some drip tips need a little larger gasket to make them fit snug but...  :) 

Went with you guys suggestions and went ahead and ordered the flask mod with a couple of those mxjo batteries. Hopefully they will work well in that mod. Also got the baby beast tank based off the video review from Adversarious1 with some of the v8 coils. I will just try a new tank and see if it gets me where I want. I can see down the road if I really want to get into temp control.

On 11/19/2016 at 3:48 PM, Tam said:

Why not just put on a smaller bore drip tip? That's what I do since I don't care for the large bore style myself. The top part that comes off so you can fill the tank? Just put a different drip tip on that, it's basically a 510 connection. Some drip tips need a little larger gasket to make them fit snug but...  :) 

We tried that route, but even with a smaller drip-tip she wasn't crazy about it... but she will use it more than she did, originally... lol...  She's just set in her ways and really prefers her Nautilus over all the tanks I've set up for her.  If I were to hide her Nautilus tanks... she'd grab a Subtank Nano before the Triton (V1 or V2)... and I think her next choice would be one of my Aerotanks... she's a MTL vaper and anything that gives her too much air is left on the rack for me to use :)

1 hour ago, Earthling789 said:

We tried that route, but even with a smaller drip-tip she wasn't crazy about it... but she will use it more than she did, originally... lol...  She's just set in her ways and really prefers her Nautilus over all the tanks I've set up for her.  If I were to hide her Nautilus tanks... she'd grab a Subtank Nano before the Triton (V1 or V2)... and I think her next choice would be one of my Aerotanks... she's a MTL vaper and anything that gives her too much air is left on the rack for me to use :)

Ah... I see. So you get her new tanks to try but you get them when she decides they're not for her. Clever boy! Just kidding, but the idea has merit, yes?  :lol: 

8 hours ago, Tam said:

Ah... I see. So you get her new tanks to try but you get them when she decides they're not for her. Clever boy! Just kidding, but the idea has merit, yes?  :lol: 

Yes, it has merit, lol.... And I guess a couple of the Subtank Mini's and Nano's that were bought for her, ended up in my rotation :D

But, she does use them... occasionally...  This morning she was using a Nano to vape her Caramel Apple juice... because she said "it tastes better in that tank", lol  Which brings us back around to the fact that some juices DO taste better in certain tank/coil configurations?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2016 at 7:56 AM, Uncivil11 said:

@Christopher did you get a chance to look? I did not receive any response or anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Odd I could have swore we spoke on PM. I can't seem to locate the PM, can you forward it over to me again please.