What sub forums would you like added

3 hours ago, FXRich said:

With all the new developments in the vape industry things have changed a lot since the forum has started. If the FDA gets their way in the future there will only be a cigalikes category.

Well, that would certainly take care of all the clutter...  :lol: 

It's gone a little quite, so I'll assume everyone is ok with those changes. I'll see if I can get to them this evening. 

6 hours ago, FXRich said:

With all the new developments in the vape industry things have changed a lot since the forum has started. If the FDA gets their way in the future there will only be a cigalikes category.

Maybe but if anything it'll cause more posting on the forums. Especially if people are forced to build their own coils. (For example we're no longer aloud to build coils in store which is a bit ridiculous, so customers will have to start/are relying more on the forum & members) 

16 hours ago, Christopher said:

I think the entire Rebuildable Atomizer Systems sub forum needs an overhaul. It was created when it was just taking off. The issue is...sorting 6,000 posts lol (I'm going to do it, it needs done). I also think we need to add some moderators under the admins to take care of some of these areas and ensure topics are in their correct sub forums. (We need one for the newbie area too actually as half the Q&A don't have answers marked) 

Say the word.  I'll help out in any way I can on whatever you need help with. 

I think the entire Rebuildable Atomizer Systems sub forum needs an overhaul. It was created when it was just taking off. The issue is...sorting 6,000 posts lol (I'm going to do it, it needs done). I also think we need to add some moderators under the admins to take care of some of these areas and ensure topics are in their correct sub forums. (We need one for the newbie area too actually as half the Q&A don't have answers marked) 

Anyway I'm side tracking, how about this

The Rebuild-able Atomizer Systems sub forum will become a dummy parent forum (basically it will just display topics from all sub forums) Then we nest the following under it: 

Rebuildable Atomizer Systems

• RDA
  • RTA
  • Coil Builds
  • Wick and Wire
  • Sub ohm
Thoughts? and on that note, I assume we'll get a lot of picture in the coil builds sub forum, the forum gallery probably needs an overhaul too 

Looks good..might add "cloud chasers" too

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I'm likely going to add many many new sub forums, the issue is, getting the current topics/posts into the new categories. It's a post by post process. It's as fun as watching grass grow. [emoji20]

I would look at how other forums have got their sub forums set up...the one I sent was a simple screenshot from Vaping Underground..But there are others like ECF, Vape Faction, etc, that have been doing this for years..might be good for suggestions....just sayin :)

10 minutes ago, smacksy said:

I would look at how other forums have got their sub forums set up...the one I sent was a simple screenshot from Vaping Underground..But there are others like ECF, Vape Faction, etc, that have been doing this for years..might be good for suggestions....just sayin :)

That's true.  But then I imagine VT also wants it's own identity, not to just be a copycat of another forum.

That's true.  But then I imagine VT also wants it's own identity, not to just be a copycat of another forum.

The idea of a forum is to learn and help others....identity isn't really important to me, as long as I get the help I'm looking for..least it's that way with me, and why I belong to several forums, not just this one..I've learned alot, and helped alot over the past 6 yrs...

The idea of a forum is to learn and help others....identity isn't really important to me, as long as I get the help I'm looking for..least it's that way with me, and why I belong to several forums, not just this one..I've learned alot, and helped alot over the past 6 yrs...

I think it's a little bit of both. I've been doing this since 2008 and I've seen forums/people come and go. A little bit of identity is good otherwise the forum becomes just a hit and run tool rather than a community. Each one sort of has it's on personality (ECF is sort of the go to for the latest on rules, regs and personalities) Vapers Forum used to be a little more on the crazy side though it's become a graveyard since drew died, etc etc. 

At any rate, I run 18 forums through Chrisorah and generally have a good idea of what can be done but like to ask the members how they prefer it as each site I manage usually has it's own personality.  At any rate we'll get to work on finishing the organization in the RB forum and will move to the others. 

33 minutes ago, smacksy said:

I totally get that and I don't disagree at all @smacksy.  My apologies if it appeared I was in disagreement.  I'd be more than happy to see additional sub-forums added.  That being said, I may be in the minority, but I think additional sub-forums should come from requests/suggestions by us, the members of this forum.  In other words, if it's requested, such as your "Cloud Chasers" request, I'm 100% in support because that shows an interest and other members may not be as willing to suggest the sub-forum for fear of their idea being shot down.  But at the same time, I don't think @Christopher should simply start adding sub-forums just for the sake of adding sub-forums when they may not get any traffic.

I may be wrong, but I think a couple of the reasons he asked for input from us in the first place is because he wants to expand the forum as a whole and he realizes there is a need for additional sub-forums if for no other reason than more organization.

12c7904538323df3c4561eba0f997c66.jpg
This is a screenshot of my status in the Vaping Underground Forum..It was voted the best forum out there in 2015 by vapers like me and you..Since joining in 2014 I have over 5,000 posts..it's because of the many sub forums that adequately cover our vaping interests..moreover these sub forums are very easy to navigate, especially using Tapatalk...membership in this forum is huge, as it's #1.. ECF is big but loaded with touchy moderators who will ban you in a heartbeat ... Because so many people have been banned VUF has its own ECF refugee sub forum welcoming those banned members...
Unlike ECF, there are very few rules at VUF.... (didn't mean to get off topic here, so I apologize.. [emoji12])

On 9/19/2016 at 4:48 PM, Adversarious1 said:

I'm in agreement with @FXRich.  I see a lot of posts related to both TC devices and TC coils.  I think a generalized TC subforum for folks to post questions about both devices and coils or to solicit advice is a good idea.

I agree

29 minutes ago, smacksy said:

12c7904538323df3c4561eba0f997c66.jpg
This is a screenshot of my status in the Vaping Underground Forum..It was voted the best forum out there in 2015 by vapers like me and you..Since joining in 2014 I have over 5,000 posts..it's because of the many sub forums that adequately cover our vaping interests..moreover these sub forums are very easy to navigate, especially using Tapatalk...membership in this forum is huge, as it's #1.. ECF is big but loaded with touchy moderators who will ban you in a heartbeat ... Because so many people have been banned VUF has its own ECF refugee sub forum welcoming those banned members...
Unlike ECF, there are very few rules at VUF.... (didn't mean to get off topic here, so I apologize.. emoji12.png)

Just my opinion but I looked at some of the other forums and didn't appreciate the language or some of the content in the posts and I have been very happy here. There are many nice and knowledgeable folks who care about the members. I think it sets Vapor Talk apart from the others. I like it the way it is...Just my 2 cents though

Just my opinion but I looked at some of the other forums and didn't appreciate the language or some of the content in the posts and I have been very happy here. There are many nice and knowledgeable folks who care about the members. I think it sets Vapor Talk apart from the others. I like it the way it is...Just my 2 cents though

Yeah but I am an adult..I like to speak freely without worry of getting banned for it... but I guess Different Strokes for different folks, lol

Just to clarify, I don't have an issue adding as many sub forum as requested. Prior to adding new sub forum, everything was sort of dumped into one general area. Now that we're adding a number of a sub forums (which will automatically update in Tapatalk) I just need to ensure all the topics from the old general sub forum are moved into their respective categories. (It's tedious) 

Allow me some time to do so with the rebuildable forum and then I'll continue on with the rest of the forum. (I'm bringing on 3-4 new moderators to help assist with the process) :)

1 minute ago, Christopher said:

Just to clarify, I don't have an issue adding as many sub forum as requested. Prior to adding new sub forum, everything was sort of dumped into one general area. Now that we're adding a number of a sub forums (which will automatically update in Tapatalk) I just need to ensure all the topics from the old general sub forum are moved into their respective categories. (It's tedious) 

Allow me some time to do so with the rebuildable forum and then I'll continue on with the rest of the forum. (I'm bringing on 3-4 new moderators to help assist with the process) :)

I can help if you need a hand

28 minutes ago, Christopher said:

Tedious is putting it lightly 😲

I could think of a much less politically correct way to describe it. :censored: