Went 2 Tracking With a Redi-Mix Truck

I had a job today that was about 3 miles down this two track today. LOL The home owners son that drives a Redi-Mix truck in a city said that it was not possible to get one to his cabin. I told him to tell his son that us hillbillies can get our trucks in anywhere. LOL It was a nice ride out in the sticks. This is just the strait part and it turn several times. ;)

CAM00984.jpg

CAM00985.jpg

• 2 months later...

Had to help on a big job today. My boss rented me out to a company that needed more trucks to do a job. This was a total of 380 yards of cement. It is a going to be a horse barn. :horse: We had two trucks dumping at once onto a conveyor belt truck. That boom you see in the distance it where it was being poured. I finally got home at 10pm :P Long day.

20160908_180106.jpg

50 minutes ago, Compenstine said:

Had to help on a big job today. My boss rented me out to a company that needed more trucks to do a job. This was a total of 380 yards of cement. It is a going to be a horse barn. :horse: We had two trucks dumping at once onto a conveyor belt truck. That boom you see in the distance it where it was being poured. I finally got home at 10pm :P Long day.

They have so much neat stuff now!  I was watching a project at one of the plants I take care of last week and they had both a conveyor for one part and a pump truck for another part.  It was a mess though, as everyone who enters the plant has to have safety training, safety clothes (FR), and H2S monitors.  They only had 4 drivers that were certified, with the PPE to get in.  The contractor thought they would just waive the rules, but they didn't.  Those 4 guys stayed really busy trying to bring trucks in and out.

That's why I like working where I do. Most of what we do are Pole Barns and Driveways. I did a wall for this company a couple weeks ago where I had to wear a hard hat just to wash out. LOL They were stiff and not friendly. The contractors I work with mostly are locals and just like jamming and joking around as they work..

This was a house I did not long ago... I had to take some pics of how close I was to the house.

20160720_133243[1].jpg

1 minute ago, Compenstine said:

That's why I like working where I do. Most of what we do are Pole Barns and Driveways. I did a wall for this company a couple weeks ago where I had to wear a hard hat just to wash out. LOL They were stiff and not friendly. The contractors I work with mostly are locals and just like jamming and joking around as they work..

This was a house I did not long ago... I had to take some pics of how close I was to the house.

That is one of the things that I really don't like at times about my job.  I have to work around a lot of dangerous crap.  The good part of it is most companies will not jump through the hoops to do business with them, so I don't have to worry about competition too much.  It costs my boss close to $3000/year per employee to keep us trained, certified, and equipped.

You have some skills getting that truck in there!

Don't get me wrong they are very good at what they do. What scares me is when I go to a Home owner that thinks he knows how to do finish work. They are the ones that you need to watch out for doing this. They do not look out for the chute moving around. The other is the forms they try and make. I have seen a few blow out. They don't realize how heavy wet cement is. and Pow. the side of the blows out... This was one of those jobs. LOL Things like what you do, yeah you need the certs and training. I drove Semi for 13 years with a 53" Trailer and Conventional Tractor doing pick-ups and deliveries in Chicago. I got to they point where the harder it was to get into made want to get in there that much more. It was a few days ago I did a job where I had some left over cement. He ask if I could take it to his neighbors, I said sure... They were not sure I could get my truck in though... I said "let me look..." Well it was a tough one but I got in there. His wife came out and complemented me on my driving skill. :D He handed my a $100 tip. He said it was worth it seeing me just pop that truck in where he needed it. LOL It told him I cut my teeth on driving in Chicago. There it was Moving Cars, Poles and Buildings... Out here it just Trees and Moving Deer. LOL

13 hours ago, Compenstine said:

Don't get me wrong they are very good at what they do. What scares me is when I go to a Home owner that thinks he knows how to do finish work. They are the ones that you need to watch out for doing this. They do not look out for the chute moving around. The other is the forms they try and make. I have seen a few blow out. They don't realize how heavy wet cement is. and Pow. the side of the blows out... This was one of those jobs. LOL

But the internet told me I could use packing tape to seal the forms. :D

Glad to see you back and you are doing well.

Edited by BirdDog

16 hours ago, Compenstine said:

20160908_180106.jpg

Holy Cow!  That's a lot of cement!  You could bury a whole lot of Jimmy Hoffa's and all of their wives with that much cement.