Cheap Kanger coils

I decided to check tracking and get an update on my coil order from Fasttech... They were shipped from China and only took 12 days to hit Chicago after I submitted the order... and they've been held hostage at the Custom's warehouse since 7/5 (probably actually arrived on the 1st)...   Clearing customs usually only takes 4-7 days, so this is ridiculous!  At this rate, I might see them by August? :wallbash:

All my stuff from Slowtech comes through customs in SF and usually clears in a couple of days, sometimes only 1 day. Probably SF has a larger customs office and can process stuff faster, since it is a major west coast seaport.

As you can see my last shipment was pretty quick.

July 1, 2016 , 7:13 am

Out for Delivery

BEND, OR 97701 

July 1, 2016 , 7:03 am

Sorting Complete

BEND, OR 97701 

June 30, 2016 , 11:51 pm

Arrived at Unit

BEND, OR 97701 

June 27, 2016 , 11:07 pm

Processed Through Facility

ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS) 

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

June 25, 2016 , 1:11 am

Processed Through Facility

BEIJING EMS, CHINA

June 24, 2016 , 1:51 pm

Acceptance

CHINA

I noticed with fasttech that if you click on your orders it will tell you if something will ship right away or if it has some lead time like "ships in 7 days" on each item. So it seems that it will only get going when the last thing on your purchase is ready.

I ordered a couple of things and only after I paid did I realize that one of the items wouldn't be ready to ship for 12 days so I canceled that one item and the rest of the order shipped the  next day.

I then went in and reordered the slow item with the credit for the cancelled one. So most of what I wanted arrived quicker and the other later. It's better than holding up coils or something if you are going to be needing them soon.

Yep, I'm well aware of the "ships in 4-days" feature, lol... but this order was ONE item... a box of 50 1.2 Ohm OCC subtank coils, which were in stock.  They did ship next day after ordering, it's just the issue of waiting a forever for Chicago's custom's office to get off their rear-ends!

Can we say "Union (mob) job"?? lol

Edited by Earthling789

On 7/7/2016 at 3:41 AM, Christopher said:

I'm about to head out to China in a week. If these are the most popular coils on the forum at the moment let me know. I know Danny quite well (co-owner of Kanger tech) and I'll likely have a meeting with him in Beijing. I'll see if we can't get a bunch of these in. Actually in saying that, anytime the board wants something in on the cheap and in demand, post up in the VT sub forum and I'll see about getting the stuff in :) 

I use these coils daily. Please get some in the store :)

1 hour ago, Christopher said:

While not quite at the FT level pricing I think we have the same coils here: https://www.vaportalkstore.com/product/kangertech-subtank-coils/

Would be nice if those were the coils, but some people here including me prefer the horizontal coils over the vertical coils. The horizontals seem to last longer, better taste, and leak less. I guess we just get picky, and can't be made happy.

I wrote a reply and removed it. I need more coffee. 

I will get the horizontals ordered in ASAP :)

EDIT

OK So I just got off the phone with little China and I can get these stateside in about a week. (Thanks to Roger who's out in Beijing right now) We can sell them retail for roughly $1.25-$1.50 stateside (Free shipping if you hit the 50 threshold) Thoughts? I really want to do my best to get prices that suit everyone here on the forum and I'll do my best to make it happen. If we get them really moving through the warehouse we can probably bring it down as low as 90c/piece stateside but would need to essentially order a truck load. (Which I'm fine with) 

If I can work with everyone here they'll move through quickly enough. 

I don't mind spending a little more if it helps to support the forum, actually I would prefer to buy vape products made in the US, but I don't think there are any, not saying there's anything wrong with the Kanger stuff made in China, because they do make a good dependable product or I wouldn't be using their stuff exclusively. its just I would prefer to buy American made stuff. There was a rumor that the Hohm Slice is made in the US, but found out it was designed here and manufactured in China, same is true of Evolve. I did read somewhere, I can't remember where but rumor has it that the TC Kanger uses was designed by TI. I guess that's close enough.

I agree completely, I'd like to see more US products available but the funny thing is, in the retail store for a while we carried a wide array of US products. (Not listed online) They naturally had higher prices because the cost is higher and I'd say 80% of the customers (except the diehard loyal US supporters) all opted for the Chinese brands as (at least these days) they offer a pretty dependable product. 

I think the whole PMTA ordeal has also likely killed off potential here in the US which is a sad, sad state of affairs. 

At any rate though I'll get these order in tonight, they should be here mid next week and while most of you are stocked up, the price should be reasonable for future orders. (and I'll get anything else in request fairly quick if I'm notified) 

ok So I just wanted to come back and make a note about the Horizontal coils. The supplier I was speaking with was unable to verify that the Kanger serial codes checked out. So I called Kanger and asked if they are still making the horizontal coils and they are not. So FastTech is likely selling clones and the only thing we'd be able to carry in the store are clones.  

That's not to say there's anything wrong with them just an FYI. Thoughts? 

5 hours ago, Christopher said:

ok So I just wanted to come back and make a note about the Horizontal coils. The supplier I was speaking with was unable to verify that the Kanger serial codes checked out. So I called Kanger and asked if they are still making the horizontal coils and they are not. So FastTech is likely selling clones and the only thing we'd be able to carry in the store are clones.  

That's not to say there's anything wrong with them just an FYI. Thoughts? 

I just got my FT shipment today (USPS tracking still shows the package in Chicago, lol), and I must say, if they are clones, they are the best ones I've ever seen, lol.  Most likely, based on the packaging, they are overstock, new-old-stock from a forgotten warehouse, or they are (most likely) ones that could not be sold retail because their packaging is mis-marked.  The large box (which contains the 10 smaller packages) has the check-mark on 1.5 Ohm, and 8 out of 10 of the inner boxes have the check-mark on 0.5 Ohm (the other two weren't marked)... BUT, I've checked every coil, and they are clearly marked 1.2 Ohm, and the two I randomly metered are reading 1.17 and 1.19 Ohms respectively.

From what I can tell, the coils with the white grommets are the "original" subtank OCC coil builds.  They later shifted to using red grommets/o-rings, and then shifted to vertical coils while still using red grommets/o-rings.

I don't know what it is about those original designed coils, but they do last longer, taste better, and are far less prone to leaking!  @FXRich agrees :D

As for getting them in the VT store... I'm all for it, even if they will cost me a few cents more than China-direct sales... it's worth it to know the supplier and receive faster shipping times :)  Although you are correct... I'll not need any for quite some time, but there are hundreds of other members and VT shoppers that would love to snag a 5-pack for $7.50, when everyone else has them for $9-12 (usually on sales). 

I'm also okay with clones... as long as they are good clones, it won't bother me a bit!  The horizontal heads are so much easier to work with for re-wicking and for rebuilding, too, but if they are cheap enough, I won't care about rebuilding them unless I have no choice... I've got dozens in my "to be rebuilt" box right now, and someday I'll be bored enough to rebuild them :)

Edited by Earthling789

I don't know if Kanger uses vendor supplied coils or they manufacture them, if they use a vendor the vendor may still be producing them, and they may be available for quite awhile. On the big box that I got none of the boxes were checked, on the smaller boxes none of the boxes were checked, so it may be like Earthling789   says, they may be a overstock of a discontinued product, and in that case once the overstock is all sold there will be no more available. I have over 100 right now, so even without rebuilding them I have a years supply. (I do rebuild them), but will keep buying more if they are available.

From what the woman on the phone was saying (I had Roger translating) They no longer manufacture them but there is stock floating around (though how much they're unsure) It would seem at least that the majority of the coils available are clones. 

The coils we'd get in should be the same as FT as a few calls confirmed we're getting them from the same source. So long as everyone is ok with that, I'll go ahead and order them :) I figure we can carry a few hundred packs and see how it goes. 

From a business standpoint I can understand why they discontinued making them, the vertical coils are not easily rebuildable, they would prefer to sell new coils rather than have people rebuild the old ones. New coils depending on where you buy them can cost $2 - $4 per coil, a coil can be rebuilt for pennies, and a little time. Being semi retired I usually have the time, and it keeps me busy.

On 7/14/2016 at 1:47 AM, Christopher said:

I wrote a reply and removed it. I need more coffee. 

I will get the horizontals ordered in ASAP :)

EDIT

OK So I just got off the phone with little China and I can get these stateside in about a week. (Thanks to Roger who's out in Beijing right now) We can sell them retail for roughly $1.25-$1.50 stateside (Free shipping if you hit the 50 threshold) Thoughts? I really want to do my best to get prices that suit everyone here on the forum and I'll do my best to make it happen. If we get them really moving through the warehouse we can probably bring it down as low as 90c/piece stateside but would need to essentially order a truck load. (Which I'm fine with) 

If I can work with everyone here they'll move through quickly enough. 

Any chance of getting the NI AND 0.05 coils at that price ?

1 minute ago, cany said:

Any chance of getting the NI AND 0.05 coils at that price ?

I'm not sure I could get genuine's in at that price but I could probably locate something of similar quality :)

Just an FYI I'm getting ready to fly out in a day so if I go MIA I'll see if I can't order these in the moment I return (If Evan in the warehouse doesn't beat me to it) 

5 minutes ago, Christopher said:

I'm not sure I could get genuine's in at that price but I could probably locate something of similar quality :)

Just an FYI I'm getting ready to fly out in a day so if I go MIA I'll see if I can't order these in the moment I return (If Evan in the warehouse doesn't beat me to it) 

Id be willing to try something similar :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys, 

So I just returned from little China (what a trip...) and wanted to make sure everyone knows I didn't disappear. I'm going to read through this thread again some I'm refreshed and will see what we can't get order in and in stock by next week. Give me a moment to refresh and I'll get it done :D