Frustrated (wife even more frustrated)

BryanB423

Hi everyone! New to the forum. Here's a rundown on my predicament...started va ping about a year or so ago and have been totally cig free. ( which my wife and I love ) My problem is I have already been through dozens of different setups from $30 to $100 ( spinners, egos, ego ones)that never last me more than a month or so. I work construction and hell they just break down to fast. They break in my pocket, they break when I drop them, they just don't last. I have found myself spending just as much money as I did on cigs and the wife has had enough lol. 

Here is where I need professional help. IF the next one I buy last less than 3 months, she isn't going to approve any more e cig purchases lol. So I need something tough or I'm screwed. I have $150 (just for hardware) and need to figure out the best way to spend it without asking for any more e cig money for 4 months ( just to be safe haha) two decent ones for $75 one good one for $150. There are so many I just don't know. All the mod stuff I don't understand bUT that maybe the way to go. 

So any help is appreciated and thank you for your time.

Bryan

Hi, Brian... welcome to VT!

I understand your frustrations... and to me, the most rugged mod (an older style, but works great) is the Innokin VTR.  It uses 18650 batteries (one), and only goes to 15 Watts, but the tank is protected to the side of the mod, rather than mounted to the top.  If you use a Kanger tank (with stainless steel tube/tank section, rather than the pyrex glass, like the Aerotank V2) or a Nautilus mini (with SS hollowed tube sleeve), they're pretty much bullet-proof!

Some of the other good ones are the all-in-one units from Joye Tech and others (can't remember their names right off), but they have the battery and tank built into one device, which makes them more rugged unless you drop them from huge heights or run over them with a truck, lol.

Keeping your tank protected is a key when you work construction, and things like an eGo (stick style) are prone to damage even if they never leave the house. 

Other options are simply using a rugged tank or protected tank like those mentioned above, and a GOOD battery/mod... Innokin MVP series are rugged (but mount the tank on the top).  The Wismec Presa is pretty rugged too, and small-ish, but has long life and goes to 40W.  Cloupor minis are small and dependable, as well as capable of taking a beating.  As long as the tank threading (510 connector) is SS or quality brass, you shouldn't have to worry about breaking the connection if you drop it or have it in your pocket during work.

Others will chime in shortly with their suggestions, but I have friends that are linemen and work construction, and I've recommended the VTR to them all, and they love it!!

Edited by Earthling789

The Invader is great for durability... but if you'll notice they remove the tank for all the tests, as the tank would not survive (most likely), but using an all SS tank would reduce breakage and the 510 connection would be the true weak-point.  I agree it would be a winner for use on the construction site :)

The 510 connection would be a weak point on any device. I would agree that a SS tank would also be on the list. At least with the Invader if the 510 threads get messed up you can get a replacement 510 connection plate and repair it.

speaking of which.....don't forget to order a couple extras...

Thanks for the welcome and replies.  I think I will try out the invader..the beating with sledge hammer sold me haha.

Can someone tell me the best batteries and charger for this? Any help on exact tanks and coils would be very helpful as well as this will be my first device that isn't a basic ego style pen.

Thanks again everyone. 

Thanks for the welcome and replies.  I think I will try out the invader..the beating with sledge hammer sold me haha.

Can someone tell me the best batteries and charger for this? Any help on exact tanks and coils would be very helpful as well as this will be my first device that isn't a basic ego style pen.

Thanks again everyone. 

I always recommend the same batteries for anyone staying under 75 watts in a regulated mod:

Liion Wholesale - HG2

Illumn - HG2

or

Liion Wholesale - 25R

Illumn - 25R

The -25R's are one of the best, most dependable on the market.  They will handle anything the invader can throw at it.  The HG2 is a newer battery, that will handle just about as much, but lasts a bit longer. 

I would recommend you buy 4 batteries, 2 to carry with you at all times, and 2 to charge.  As for chargers, I recommend the Nitecore i4 or d4, Efest LUC V4, or Xtar VC4 or VP4.

Thanks again everyone. 

Jason nailed the batteries and chargers above... I can't say enough good things about the Samsung 25R and LG HE2 batteries... and the NiteCore i4 charger (simple, inexpensive, and works)

As for tanks... it's going to be a matter of preference for YOU.  If you want to stay in the 1.2-2.4 Ohm range of coils, the Kanger ProTank2 (KPT2) is about as bullet-proof as they come.  The coils are cheap, and if you break the Pyrex tank, you can replace it for ~ $2.50.  The Kanger AeroTank V2 has an updated air-flow base, and the "kit" also includes an all Stainless Steel tank section which makes the entire tank break-proof.  That same tank section can also be purchased separately and will fit the KPT2, KPT3, and the AeroTanks.   Another popular tank is the Nautilus and Nautilus mini... both are fragile (and expensive compared to Kanger tanks), but you can upgrade to the hollow-cage tanks, which make them more durable.

If you're looking for sub-ohm tanks, you'll be stuck with all of them having some form of Pyrex or plastic tank sections, and there are dozens and dozens of options out there for those, but I will recommend the Kanger Sub-tank mini as a fantastic all-around tank... which can operate sub-ohm, plus-ohm, and rebuildable (RBA), as well as standard KPT3/Aerotank dual-coils fitting it too.  Aspire Atlantis and Triton are similar, so you may want to see what you like and read the reviews on here for many of the different tanks.

Oh, and don't forget the Aspire Anyvape Davide tanks... look like the KPT2 tanks, also can use the Kanger air-flow bases, and they use either the Aspire or Kanger ProTank coils which makes them very versatile as well as inexpensive options.

Edited by Earthling789

Lots of good advice thanks.but yes there is a but sorry..I have no idea what the difference is  as far as  the ohm, sub ohm or how many ohms is right for the right voltages etc.  Yes totally uneducated on these subjects..can someone explain or direct me a link?

Thanks

Bryan

Whatever Nicotine level keeps you from smoking is what you should be using, lol... Nicotine is not the enemy, nor is it a bad thing...

To iron out what you need, or what direction you should go... it would help to know what tank you've been using, and what coil resistance you've been using.

If you're unsure, the resistance is marked on the side of the coil, usually... or you can take a few pictures and post them up... we can usually determine from that, but not always...

Lately I have been using an ego one mega with the tank and coils that came along..one is a .5 ohm and the other a 1 ohm..can really tell the difference to be honest..

Oh and the ego one only works while plugged in. Red light is on but not charging i guess. Dropped it twice and no mo work o. Piece of crap.

You're in good hands here, Bryan. These guys won't steer you wrong. No matter which battery/mod you wind up getting, you might want to look into a silicone wrap for extra protection if you're as hard on them as you say. That, plus the stainless steel tanks, and you should be good to go.

Welcome to Vapor Talk.  :)

Lately I have been using an ego one mega with the tank and coils that came along..one is a .5 ohm and the other a 1 ohm..can really tell the difference to be honest..

Oh and the ego one only works while plugged in. Red light is on but not charging i guess. Dropped it twice and no mo work o. Piece of crap.

If you like the ego one tank, it will work fine with any of the mods mentioned above.  I would stay with somthing in the 30 - 75 watt range.  I have never used an Ego One, but they seem to have a pretty good setup with a higher ohm, more restricted coil for mouth to lung hits, and a lower ohm coil, with more airflow for straight lung hits.  I think it also has nickel coils availible too for temp control, should you choose to go into that.

It isn't a drop proof tank though, and I don't know much about rugged tanks.  Some vape bands might help protect it a bit.

Got my heatvape invader yesterday. Seems pretty damn solid. Hopefully it can handle my abuse. Thanks again to you all for the help and advice. 

Bryan

Congrats....... I think youll like it

Edited by cany