VG,PG And Nicotine.

Vic

Im Smoke-free after 45 years of 2 1/2 packs a day. Its been 3 weeks but now I want to make my own Juice, But don't understand some things. Like Lower Nic levels. Is it mixed with VG and PG already? I like a 16 on Nicotine of juice bottles from the store and love Vanilla and Maple juices. I see where if I want a 16 after the VG and PG to buy like a 37 strength. Then would a 50 50 pre-mix or 60 40 mix make it easier to make. Just add the flavor and Nic! 

Welcome to VT Vic. I will try and answer this as best I can.

Nicotine can be mixed in many PG/VG ratios or just PG or Just VG and in many Nic strengths. I see you want a 50/50 or 60/40 end result. I would suggest you go with a 100% VG base Nicotine no matter what mg you end up with.

To have 16mg as your final result it could be done with 100mg to 24mg depending on what you are doing and how much money you wanting to save. The lower the Nic mg the more you will use.

Are you making juice from scratch or cutting what you have already bought?

I do want to start from scratch, Im just a little confused on the Nic I need and if its lower then 100% is it already mixed with VG and or PG.

You can't buy 100% Nicotine without a commercial license... I think the highest concentrations you can buy for personal use is 10% (100mg/ml), which can be purchased in 100% VG base, or PG base, or a mixture of the two.  Comp is giving good advice about buying your Nicotine in a 100% VG base, so it will make it much easier to mix and calculate your end result of PG/VG ratios of your juices.

I hope you people don't get mad from my questions, but here it goes. If I get the 100% VG nic do I just have to put JUST PG with it then and no VG as its in the nic? I've been messing with the e-juice calculator but need to play with it more. I tune my bike and when I started didn't know a thing about the tuning program and if I tuned it wrong I could have blown my bike up but like you people helping like my friends did tuning my bike I will get it! LOL Oh, My bike still runs good! And I've searched for the products to make my juice but want to use a buy all in one place. Who do you suggest?? 

Are you buying 100 mg/ml?

Do you know what pg/vg ratio you want to end up with?

You will have to add vg with no nic as well if you are shooting for 50/50

Edited by Bebop

Mixing juice is not that hard with the right tools. There are a lot of places to get supplies. I recommend Wizard Labs a lot. There are other places though. Get a good list of what you want and advice on what you need to get started. Start doing some price checking by loading up the cart on the site with what you want. Some places have kits. Like Cany said I do all my Kits Special Order only.

I'm thinking I want a 50 50 or 40 PG 60 VG I think I read to get a little throat punch. I wonder what the stores ratio VG to PG are. I thank all of you for helping. I also have 6 ml syringes I use for measuring chlorine for my fish tank.

Comp, How much are your kits and what all do you get in it? Woops, Its up a couple post, LOL

Edited by Vic

They are all custom order kits. I can get what ever you want in it. If I don't have something on hand it may take a few extra days to fill it. I also offer support on that kit to help you get started. I normally charge for that kind of help, but I think adding some support with the kit is only a good thing.

Comp, By the time I mix your 24 MG What will the MG be? Im wanting around a 12 To 16 MG. Your close to Iowa so I think I will just buy from you.

I can mix any MG for your kit from 2mg to 100mg If you are going for 12 to 16 you will want to go with 50 to 100mg otherwise you will be limited on your ratios of PG to VG. That last thing you want is to limit your choice in ratios. As you get going your ratio preferences will change.

If you went with 24 this is how much 24mg you would need just to hit your target of 16mg.

5625a0d4e85f4_LIQMix-Recipe___2015Octobe

This is what you would use for nic at 50mg to hit your mark.

5625a114b7d4e_LIQMix-Recipe___2015Octobe

This is what you would use for nic at 100mg to hit your mark.

5625a1614fbf2_LIQMix-Recipe___2015Octobe

You will notice you use the least with 100mg and gives you the most wiggle room for adjusting your ratio.

Edited by Compenstine

I have to get to bed but will have to study this as I was playing around with the other calculator. Someone said I could only get 10mg strength nic not having a licence?

I think you miss understood, Earthing said 10% would = 100mg. and there would be no license needed for that. However, 100% pure Nic you should have a license, but you can still get it. I personally would rather stick with letting Wizard Labs handle the 100% pure nic. :D

Have a good night Vic

Thanks again, Been reading a lot of post and checking sites for my liquids and have it somewhat figured out. Do all of you order VG and PG separate instead of a mix in case you want to add a little of one or the other?

What Tam said ^^^ Sometimes they want to leave the Nic the same as well and mix the same PG/VG and nic as the pre made to cut it. Why? the flavor may be to strong and they would like to cut it back or just make a 30ml bottle last a bit longer. Some will do this and ad extra flavoring to change it up. The combos are, in a way, only limited to your imagination and of course, the math.