Kanger Middle Finger

Bought a Kanger Subtank Mini about 2 weeks ago and was satisfied with the quality and experience of using it, but considering the $40 cost, that should have been the bare minimum.

And then it happened- I needed to replace the coil that came in the tank, and since the tank kit came with a replacement coil, I figured my satisfaction with Kanger would continue- WRONG.
After installing the new coil, I realized that the mouthpiece tube did not fit properly into the end of the coil, and in fact had to be forced on with significant downward pressure while twisting it into the tank. The threads were screaming from the resistance, but I got it tight and looked forward to drawing in a nice big cloud full of my favorite vapor.

Unfortunately, it was badly weak, and after disassembling and reassembling several times, I gave up on it and waited out the overnight so I could go back to the store I purchased it at.

Once there, the guy heard my complaint, pulled the brand new coil out, examined it closely and realized there wasn't a wick in the damned coil, even though it was fresh out of the kit they sold me.
While waiting for that store to open during the night before, I went to the Kanger website to lodge my complaint, and that's when I realized that they evidently can't be bothered with customer service or support. No such thing to be found at their website. You can't email them, write them, or voice your opinion- good or bad, unless you want to call them.

So I did, which put me into a voice mail system which gave me 2 choices, either sales or service. Upon choosing the service option, I heard a voice message that sounded disturbingly like somebody's cell phone voicemail box, which means they really don't want to deal with your problem while you're taking the time to try to get some support.

Bottom Line- Kanger just wants to sell their crap for a premium price, and it appears that they're including factory seconds in their product packages. Because of this, I highly recommend you go with a different brand.

Coils that come with the tanks (any tank) have a rep for being crap. You should always by a pack of 5 with any tank you get. For me it is just habit anymore. This is not just a Kanger issue, also Aspire tanks. As far as customer service, Innokin, Aspire and most have iffy CS. Unfortunately, it is left to most vendors to deal with these little issues.

Having said all that, If you did not prime the coil it is why you are not seeing a wick. All it takes is one blast of the fire button to burn it off.

Edited by Compenstine

There is not a product on the market, especially those made in China that doesn't have a fault, bad batch, or Quality-control issue...  In the past 18 months, I've been through more than 3-dozen Kanger products, and dozens and dozens of their coils... only had two bad coils in the entire batch, and none were missing cotton or wicks.  I agree with Comp, if you didn't prime it well, or pre-wet (as Cany suggested), it is possible that you toasted/burned-up the wick.  Sounds like you had major issues inserting the coil properly anyway, which may have prevented it from wicking at all, thus evaporating the dry cotton when you fired it?

You can hate Kanger all you want... you won't be the first, nor will you be the last, but I'd chalk-it-up as a learning experience and try to figure out why you had issue with coil fitment in the first place?

If you prime the coil on the subtank mini a little of the juice gets on the o-ring and makes it slide onto the chimney better. I have 4 subtank mini tanks and the only problem I have had is I dropped one and broke the glass (not Kangers fault).

Especially with anything to do with vaping, you must never... and I mean never force anything whether that be a coil, a drip tip, the... anything. If it's not going on or off easily, forcing it will usually break it, which would make it your fault for forcing something that doesn't want to go, not Kanger's. It could be bad QA on Kanger's part but it would've been self evident that something was wrong when you couldn't get the thing to thread on correctly.

Here's an update.

Store Mgr addressed my problem when I had to return again today. He claims that they have been having a lot of the same problems with the coils and believes it's due to a design change that is causing them to short out.The new style has the wire coil mounted vertically, and the old style is mounted horizontally. He said several have shorted out and burned up the wicks like mine was, and that's why it appeared to  not have had one installed.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines