Vaping Voltage Charts

A chart would have to contain too many variables, charts might be good for a starting point, but too many variables like wire thickness wick material pg/vg ratio and a lot of other stuff. A 1.5ohm coil made with 26g will need more watts than a 1.5ohm coil made with 32g. Just a observation on my part.

A chart would have to contain too many variables, charts might be good for a starting point, but too many variables like wire thickness wick material pg/vg ratio and a lot of other stuff. A 1.5ohm coil made with 26g will need more watts than a 1.5ohm coil made with 32g. Just a observation on my part.

Well, it looks like Cesar's going to be busy for a long while making up the "more accurate" chart...  :lol:

Actually if someone wrote a program where you could input all the variables, it might come up with a fairly accurate answer.

Like the program predicting global warming, that one works real well.

Edited by FXRich

Isnt learning your sweet spot much easier??

And faster! Start low, vape. Nope, not doing it for me. Raise watts/volts, vape. Not yet. Raise watts/volts, vape. Repeat until you get s light burnt taste. Take it down a notch. There. That's the sweet spot for that juice, that coil, that tank and battery combination. See? No need for charts.  :D

And all this time I was turning the watts up until I got a big cloud of burnt cotton, turning the watts down and replacing the wick, didn't know about the light burnt taste.

Point taken................... But with the new tanks/mods out  the charts are kinda out dated especially with someone whos already figured out their tanks "sweet spots'

But plenty of people, like myself (and I've been vaping for two years) are still using the regular Kanger Pro Tanks, or evods, or davides, or starter clearos or tanks.  The people on the forums, I believe, are the more "advanced" users of the technology, by and large, and not necessarily the rule.  Plenty of people happy with their little ego batteries and little evod tanks, even if they have to fill them a million times a day.

By all means, feel free to update and create your own voltage chart.  :)

Why should I ? Is lots of suppliers and e-liquid sellers in this forum, that are very happy taking cash from people with minimum interaction.... and you guys can't be bothered doing a little chart so people enjoys vaping  better ?

Edited by cesar

If you guys think this is " proper " advice; Turn the power up to you burn your coils, and then turn the power down.... How is that " Pro " advice ? Is the same as saying;  Go as fast as you can with you car, and when you crash slow down.... bah !..this is quickly evolving to a mini rant.

Why should I ? Is lots of suppliers and e-liquid sellers in this forum, that are very happy taking cash from people with minimum interaction.... and you guys can't be bothered doing a little chart so people enjoys vaping  better ?

If you guys think this is " proper " advice; Turn the power up to you burn your coils, and then turn the power down.... How is that " Pro " advice ? Is the same as saying;  Go as fast as you can with you car, and when you crash slow down.... bah !..this is quickly evolving to a mini rant.

Most of these carts are out dated and have very little meaning with equipment used today. What Tam said is true and is the fastest way to find that sweat spot for any equipment you may own.

As far as your comment on suppliers I find it ludicrous and inflammatory.

Edited by Compenstine

Doing this "little chart" involves too many variables that you'll either wind up with so many multiple charts in order to take in each variable or you wind up with one huge chart that will be so difficult to understand that noobs won't use it. If you're doing multiple charts and want it to be accurate, you'll need one for each change in coils, resistance, battery type, tank, juice (each little change in PG/VG ratio will require a whole new chart), etc. That's the only way you'll come out to being close to accurate. Even then, it's no guarantee.

I'm not being facetious when I suggest starting low and turning it up until you get the slight burnt taste then turn it down. That's how most of us find the optimal vaping spot for that juice, tank, battery. By "slight" I don't mean to keep turning it up until it burns up the wick or blows up in your face (your car crash scenario), just until you barely notice a burnt flavor or get a harsh vape. It's the easiest, fastest, and most accurate way to dial in your sweet spot without having to resort to inaccurate charts and take the chance of burning up your wick by starting too high in power.

Edited by Tam
Corrected for bad sentence structure. lol

Doing this "little chart" involves too many variables that you'll either wind up with so many multiple charts in order to take in each variable or you wind up with one huge chart that will be so difficult to understand that noobs won't use it. If you're doing multiple charts and want it to be accurate, you'll need one for each change in coils, resistance, battery type, tank, juice (each little change in PG/VG ratio will require a whole new chart), etc. That's the only way you'll come out to being close to accurate. Even then, it's no guarantee.

I'm not being facetious when I suggest starting low and turning it up until you get the slight burnt taste then turn it down. That's how most of us find the optimal vaping spot for that juice, tank, battery. By "slight" I don't mean to keep turning it up until it burns up the wick or blows up in your face (your car crash scenario), just until you get barely notice a burnt flavor or get a harsh vape. It's the easiest, fastest, and most accurate way to dial in you sweet spot without having to resort to inaccurate charts and take the chance of burning up your wick by starting too high in power.

I agree with Tam.  Like she said, you have to take into account the "regular" coils, such as the Kanger or smoke type coils, the um, beginner type tanks that come with the starter kits, silica wicks, organic cotton wicks, and then the newer, higher wattage tanks.  And then there's personal taste.  As older members here might remember, when I have a neurological event, my vape tastes change - not only can I generally no longer taste my normal juice and I have to find a new one, but the temperature I can vape at goes down.  Right now I'm lucky if on a Kanger tank I go above five watts without it tasting burned (actually, lower - 1.9 ohm coil, 3 volts right now), when I started out vaping at eight watts and sometimes higher, thanks to this latest event that I'm coming out of.

LOL, jeff.  Gads, I've missed you guys.

Then again, that's the one I have pulled up, and the one I've had bookmarked since the July two years ago (used to be on these forums, too, once upon a time).  I just use an ohms law calculator when I have to deal with voltage and double check with the chart, but lately, yeah, I'm not going to pushing any burn limits.

Edited by spydre

When you start coughing up a lung its time to turn the power down.

No kidding... so much for the " sweet spot "..more like the " burning your lungs spot ". I just turned the power down to 4.3 / 8.5.

No kidding... so much for the " sweet spot "..more like the " burning your lungs spot ". I just turned the power down to 4.3 / 8.5.

Hence "sweet spot" LOL  If your burning your lings turn down the power

i_am_the_muffin_man_color_by_ramenninja.png

Edited by cany