Vaping Voltage Charts

I getting a bit confuse with that charts... let me explain....I found that in general my tanks works better when I go to the RED area in that charts, in fact according to that charts I am burning my coils, but I'm not. The recommended settings for 2.20 resistance is 8.00 / 4.20..but at that settings my tank is under performing, then I crank up the power to 11.0 / 5.0 and is perfect... please..someone explain.:blink:

Those are general guidelines for maximizing performance and life of your coil. I vape at 7.5-8w using 1.8ohm depending on the age of the coil (as the taste starts to degrade I have found cranking from 7.5 to 8w will keep it going for another day or two. Its still subjective and no chart can say what any one person will prefer.

Those are general guidelines for maximizing performance and life of your coil. I vape at 7.5-8w using 1.8ohm depending on the age of the coil (as the taste starts to degrade I have found cranking from 7.5 to 8w will keep it going for another day or two. Its still subjective and no chart can say what any one person will prefer.

Well.. they are well off, the difference is massive. As soon as you crank the power up is a totally different experience, I rather burn my coils faster and get that nice hits..coils are cheap anyway.

Well.. they are well off, the difference is massive. As soon as you crank the power up is a totally different experience, I rather burn my coils faster and get that nice hits..coils are cheap anyway.

Exactly, especially when you use KPT single coils lol. The slightest drop in performance and I just toss it and pop a new one on. Last week my IStick somehow came unlocked and I took a big pull at 50w with my 1.8ohm coil and after I was done gagging, the coil had to be laid to rest. Fried that *****.

Yes, the charts a guideline to keep you in the 8W range, if memory serves...  But we all know that not all juices like 8W... some like 12W, some turn to charcoal at 5W... so that is why we say 'sweet-spot'...  start low, and keep turning it up until you get a burnt flavor, and back it down a notch or two... 

What gets me is one of my ADV's is best at 14W +/- a Watt or two... and the other can't be pushed over 9W... so when I put the wrong tank on the wrong battery, I sometimes get a huge surprise (and a crudded-up coil)... :)

Yes, the charts a guideline to keep you in the 8W range, if memory serves...  But we all know that not all juices like 8W... some like 12W, some turn to charcoal at 5W... so that is why we say 'sweet-spot'...  start low, and keep turning it up until you get a burnt flavor, and back it down a notch or two... 

What gets me is one of my ADV's is best at 14W +/- a Watt or two... and the other can't be pushed over 9W... so when I put the wrong tank on the wrong battery, I sometimes get a huge surprise (and a crudded-up coil)... :)

That's a good point too, I recently changed my e-liquid to one with higher resistance, from 1.8 to 2.20, my tank seems to like that resistance better.

power.jpg

These charts were designed to keep you from popping a coil on a cartomizer or drip atomizer back when they were pretty much your only options. With the materials being used at that time, you couldn't put much more than 8 watts to your carto's/atty's coil.

If someone already knows their "sweet spot" is the chart really necessary

I think they are, considering that I was given the completely wrong information in my local vape shop.... they using that charts to train their employees.

Edited by cesar

I think they are, considering that I was given the completely wrong information in my local vape shop.... they using that charts to train their employees.

Just curious if you were given completely wrong information How did you find your "sweet spot"

i_am_the_muffin_man_color_by_ramenninja.png

Edited by cany

Just curious if you were given completely wrong information How did you find your "sweet spot"??

By accident...I got distracted when I was setting my power and I didn't realize that was set to max... d'oh!

Does it matters ? I never said anything about sweet spots....I was talking about tank performance, I'm to old and wise for silly forum traps.

Wouldnt tank performance be related to the "Sweet spot"

Wouldnt tank performance be related to the "Sweet spot"

Not really..the sweet spot is also about the way you vape. To me the optimal settings for your tank, is not the sweet spot... is just the " optimal " settings.

Not really..the sweet spot is also about the way you vape. To me the optimal settings for your tank, is not the sweet spot... is just the " optimal " settings.

Dont you adjust your V/W to find your ":sweet spot"??

That's just it Cesar... there is no "optimal" spot for ANY tank these days...  juice is so different, and coils are so varied... there just isn't a set-in-stone rule that says the KPT2 should be set at 8W or 4.1V or 400-deg... The juice/tank/coil combo determines the sweet-spot, which IS the optimal setting for that combo.

Same juice in my KPT2, Nautilus, and Russian.... all preferred different Wattage settings to get the same vape.  And, they were ALL using the exact same (or very close) resistances!

That's just it Cesar... there is no "optimal" spot for ANY tank these days...  juice is so different, and coils are so varied... there just isn't a set-in-stone rule that says the KPT2 should be set at 8W or 4.1V or 400-deg... The juice/tank/coil combo determines the sweet-spot, which IS the optimal setting for that combo.

Same juice in my KPT2, Nautilus, and Russian.... all preferred different Wattage settings to get the same vape.  And, they were ALL using the exact same (or very close) resistances!

The voice of Wisdom:thumbsup::thumbsup:

If someone already knows their "sweet spot" is the chart really necessary

I think they are, especially for newbies.  

But another thing to remember is that with ENOUGH airflow (and some tanks are made with the proper airflow to avoid burning the juice), you aren't going to burn your juice.  My sister's vaping at 50 watts right now, but she has a tank that was built for it - I think it's the HOrizon Arctic.  I think, depending on your coil selection, you can go up to 100 watts with that tank, DEPENDING ON your choice of APV's - such as it's not suggested that you use it for high wattage on a standard APV, but one that's built to go in that range.   My sis has, I think, the iStick 50 Watt.

I think they are, especially for newbies.  

But another thing to remember is that with ENOUGH airflow (and some tanks are made with the proper airflow to avoid burning the juice), you aren't going to burn your juice.  My sister's vaping at 50 watts right now, but she has a tank that was built for it - I think it's the HOrizon Arctic.  I think, depending on your coil selection, you can go up to 100 watts with that tank, DEPENDING ON your choice of APV's - such as it's not suggested that you use it for high wattage on a standard APV, but one that's built to go in that range.   My sis has, I think, the iStick 50 Watt.

Point taken................... But with the new tanks/mods out  the charts are kinda out dated especially with someone whos already figured out their tanks "sweet spots'