E liquid question.

• 1 month later...

Hello everybody :D New to forums but vaping for a couple years. I need a good vanilla custard juice....any suggestions? I've tried a few but nothing spectacular yet....thanks

Hi Big Dog, I vape Custard's Last Stand by Nicoticket, and it's a great, award winning ejuice. Their Creme Brulee is awesome, too. I mix those two flavors together. I've been vaping Nicoticket eliquid for 2 years now, and have tried all their flavors, and they make great juice. Their best-selling flavor is The Virus, but Custard's Last Stand comes in 2nd place. Also, first time customers get half price off their entire order, look for the BOGO code on the Nicoticket Web site. You'll love CLS, I always keep some on hand, it mixes well with many flavors.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Big Dog, I vape Custard's Last Stand by Nicoticket, and it's a great, award winning ejuice. Their Creme Brulee is awesome, too. I mix those two flavors together. I've been vaping Nicoticket eliquid for 2 years now, and have tried all their flavors, and they make great juice. Their best-selling flavor is The Virus, but Custard's Last Stand comes in 2nd place. Also, first time customers get half price off their entire order, look for the BOGO code on the Nicoticket Web site. You'll love CLS, I always keep some on hand, it mixes well with many flavors.

I used to think that Nicoticket's Custard's Last Stand was the very best custard out there until I tried Clockwerks Custard by Vaping Watch. They're both very good but I think Clockwerks Custard gets my vote and their customer service is most excellent!  :)

I just ordered the new custard from the Charlie Noble line, but haven't tried it yet. I'm impressed with their prices, 12.95 for 30ml, and love their other flavors.

I haven't tried all of the Charlie Noble line, but of those I have tried I have liked them all.  Best part, my local B&M sells them 2 for $25.

• 3 weeks later...

looks like they have some good flavors but a little worriesome that they are making them with Diacetyl....isnt that the #1 ingredient that should not be in the liquids?

Nicoticket is one of the few vendors who openly tested their juices and published their results.  See their site.

With what we can compare, the levels are very low to non-detectable.

Diacetyl is ALL over the place.  Some juices comtain it, some don't. A great deal are still unknown. 

The only way to know is if the juice is tested after manufacture.  Juice manufacturers are using flavorings made by other companies. They dont make the flavors themselves. Flavoring manufacturers are producing flavors for ingestion, not inhalation. There are no standards for inhalation. They are not bound to test or research these chemicals as they are not intended for inhalation.

Therefore it is next to impossible to determine if companies manufacturing juices have diacetyl free juice unless they do therir own testing. 

Do research further on it. 

Nicoticket is one of the few vendors who openly tested their juices and published their results.  See their site.

With what we can compare, the levels are very low to non-detectable.

Diacetyl is ALL over the place.  Some juices comtain it, some don't. A great deal are still unknown. 

The only way to know is if the juice is tested after manufacture.  Juice manufacturers are using flavorings made by other companies. They dont make the flavors themselves. Flavoring manufacturers are producing flavors for ingestion, not inhalation. There are no standards for inhalation. They are not bound to test or research these chemicals as they are not intended for inhalation.

Therefore it is next to impossible to determine if companies manufacturing juices have diacetyl free juice unless they do therir own testing. 

Do research further on it. 

yea i did research and know of some that claim to have no diacetyl in their products....

and i think its irresponsible of Nickoticket to knowingly offer them with it when they could just as easily produce them without them...

Well, I disagree with you.  

I think it's highly responsible of them to test their liquids and publish their findings.  As I stated, the levels were low to non detectable.  

Vaping has always been about harm reduction. Never about risk free "smoking".  there is no evidence that diacetyl has produced any illness or disease in any vaper and it has been around for as long as liquid has been produced.  

The issue of DA (diacetyl) and AP (acetylpropionyl) in e-liquid really gained some traction with the release of a study investigating its presence in e-liquid by Dr. Farsalinos and colleagues. Based on an analysis of 159 e-liquids and concentrated flavors expected to contain the chemicals, the study found that around 74 percent contained either DA or AP. The median daily exposure for vapers was calculated to be 56 μg (1 μg = 1 millionth of a gram) per day for DA and 91 μg per day for AP, which are 100 times and 10 times lower than the exposure for a smoker, respectively.

is it avoidable?  Probably, if you can get manufacturers to test and publish their results.  Without that, you have no way of knowing if your juice contains it and to what levels.Ive said it before. Vaping is not risk free. And guaranteeing that there is no DA or AP does not in and of itself make it risk free.

This is about harm reduction. DA has been singled out, but is not the only issue. And I don't care what claims are made, this is still the wild frontier and you vape at your own risk. I'm not here to defend diacetyl. I'm trying to put perspective on this topic. 

Edited by Bebop

Well, I disagree with you.  

I think it's highly responsible of them to test their liquids and publish their findings.  As I stated, the levels were low to non detectable.  

Vaping has always been about harm reduction. Never about risk free "smoking".  there is no evidence that diacetyl has produced any illness or disease in any vaper and it has been around for as long as liquid has been produced.  

The issue of DA (diacetyl) and AP (acetylpropionyl) in e-liquid really gained some traction with the release of a study investigating its presence in e-liquid by Dr. Farsalinos and colleagues. Based on an analysis of 159 e-liquids and concentrated flavors expected to contain the chemicals, the study found that around 74 percent contained either DA or AP. The median daily exposure for vapers was calculated to be 56 μg (1 μg = 1 millionth of a gram) per day for DA and 91 μg per day for AP, which are 100 times and 10 times lower than the exposure for a smoker, respectively.

is it avoidable?  Probably, if you can get manufacturers to test and publish their results.  Without that, you have no way of knowing if your juice contains it and to what levels.Ive said it before. Vaping is not risk free. And guaranteeing that there is no DA or AP does not in and of itself make it risk free.

This is about harm reduction. DA has been singled out, but is not the only issue. And I don't care what claims are made, this is still the wild frontier and you vape at your own risk. I'm not here to defend diacetyl. I'm trying to put perspective on this topic. 

actually, low to non detectable on Diacetyl but through the roof on MANY for Acetylpropionyl.... like so high, Nicoticket is reformulating their liquids to lower the levels... so, no, just becuase they post the levels, i dont think that makes them responsible. It makes them transparent about putting harmful ingredients in their product though.... the responsible thing to do would be to dramatically lower those levels or go a step further and remove them altogether.... that is where the industry is headed anyway and once FDA steps in, they will all have to do it anyway

I think you are misunderstanding something about this. Nicoticket is using flavorings produced by other companies. Those othrr companies are producing flavorings not intended for inhalation. They pretty much don't give a rat's*** about the contents with regard to inhaling them. 

Liquid manufacturers are "borrowing" these flavors to use in their liquids. They are not "putting harmful ingredients in their products". The only choice they have is to use different flavorings. Flavorings which may or may not contain harmful substances and can't be determined definitively without testing.  The flavoring companies aren't going to test. They already know what's in their flavorings. It's up to the eliquid makers to test and then try to eliminate flavorings that test positive for unwanted amounts of diketones (DA, AP etc). 

So yeah, I think that's that's being responsible.  What's not responsible is selling eliquid with false claims they are diketone free or ignoring the situation without testing. 

The "industry" (assumed to be vaping industry) and particularly the eliquid makers are stalled on this point. It's expensive to test and you run the risk of losing business. The flavoring industry is entirely separate and shrugging it's shoulders.

There are some flavoring companies that know how much E-Liquid is boosting their bottom line and are stepping up to the plate. TFA is one and even Flavor West is now following suit. Flavor West was one of the main flavor companies that Suicide Bunny was using. That was no secret.

I think you are misunderstanding something about this. Nicoticket is using flavorings produced by other companies. Those othrr companies are producing flavorings not intended for inhalation. They pretty much don't give a rat's*** about the contents with regard to inhaling them. 

Liquid manufacturers are "borrowing" these flavors to use in their liquids. They are not "putting harmful ingredients in their products". The only choice they have is to use different flavorings. Flavorings which may or may not contain harmful substances and can't be determined definitively without testing.  The flavoring companies aren't going to test. They already know what's in their flavorings. It's up to the eliquid makers to test and then try to eliminate flavorings that test positive for unwanted amounts of diketones (DA, AP etc). 

So yeah, I think that's that's being responsible.  What's not responsible is selling eliquid with false claims they are diketone free or ignoring the situation without testing. 

The "industry" (assumed to be vaping industry) and particularly the eliquid makers are stalled on this point. It's expensive to test and you run the risk of losing business. The flavoring industry is entirely separate and shrugging it's shoulders.

first off, the testing isnt that much but thats besides the point. there are companies already offering liquids with zero diketones with test results, so throwing around the blame to the flavoring companies has no legs here... there is no reason that the results are that high and there is a reason they have already begun reformulating some of their liquids...im not saying they cant offer liquids WITH diketones but they should have a diketone free line since they can be made...dont get me wrong either, they seem like a great company and have a big following. they are taking the correct steps forward to reduce the ingredients in the products which is great...its just alarming at how high the results are..and those are the tests they decided to disclose...

I like the fact that Nicoticket and other juice vendors publish their test results. Transparency is tantamount to industry self-regulation. Leave it up to the consumer to decide the level of exposure they feel safe whether it is diketone free or not.  I used to vape one of the more popular brands, averaging 30-45 ml / month, sometimes more around holidays and when on vacation. I know they had diketones but did not realize how much. Had I known, I would have reserved vaping their line sparingly. Others don't even care at all with diketones... but that's their thing. 

There are arguments that diketones in juice show no evidence in pulmonary related diseases associated with vaping. That may be true, but way too early to tell. All I know is, my father smoked for 30+ years, and was  diagnosed with COPD 16 years after he had quit smoking. That's 46 years... vaping is how old? 

What the vaping industry needs is a trade association that is on the consumer side, responsible for testing of it's members' product line. I like what ECTA is doing for it's members and their consumers.   Of course, there should also be an industry standard of testing. There are diufferent testing methodology and some claim their's is better and more accurate than the other. Who knows, really.

I like the fact that Nicoticket and other juice vendors publish their test results. Transparency is tantamount to industry self-regulation. Leave it up to the consumer to decide the level of exposure they feel safe whether it is diketone free or not.  I used to vape one of the more popular brands, averaging 30-45 ml / month, sometimes more around holidays and when on vacation. I know they had diketones but did not realize how much. Had I known, I would have reserved vaping their line sparingly. Others don't even care at all with diketones... but that's their thing. 

There are arguments that diketones in juice show no evidence in pulmonary related diseases associated with vaping. That may be true, but way too early to tell. All I know is, my father smoked for 30+ years, and was  diagnosed with COPD 16 years after he had quit smoking. That's 46 years... vaping is how old? 

What the vaping industry needs is a trade association that is on the consumer side, responsible for testing of it's members' product line. I like what ECTA is doing for it's members and their consumers.   Of course, there should also be an industry standard of testing. There are diufferent testing methodology and some claim their's is better and more accurate than the other. Who knows, really.

the problem i have is that the general public do not know about diketones and really wouldnt even know what the numbers mean. its great that they are transparent but need to get those numbers down imo....and totally agree with the fact that they may not even be bad for you...but ignorance isnt a sufficient answer for myself personally an will be cautious with what i buy

the problem i have is that the general public do not know about diketones and really wouldnt even know what the numbers mean. its great that they are transparent but need to get those numbers down imo....and totally agree with the fact that they may not even be bad for you...but ignorance isnt a sufficient answer for myself personally an will be cautious with what i buy

totally agree with you. when i switched to vaping, i had no idea what diketone was, let alone what it may or may not do to my health down the road. in the beginning though, i was just so happy to finally get off analogs for good, and probably did not matter. it wasn't until several months later that i found out about diketones, and changed my POV on the matter.

maybe if the industry is serious about self-regulation, they would put diketone warning on their bottles, and how much it contains, if any. i doubt that is going to happen any time soon.  huge juice companies are in it for your wallet, not your well-being, and scaring potential customers are not in their best interest.

totally agree with you. when i switched to vaping, i had no idea what diketone was, let alone what it may or may not do to my health down the road. in the beginning though, i was just so happy to finally get off analogs for good, and probably did not matter. it wasn't until several months later that i found out about diketones, and changed my POV on the matter.

maybe if the industry is serious about self-regulation, they would put diketone warning on their bottles, and how much it contains, if any. i doubt that is going to happen any time soon.  huge juice companies are in it for your wallet, not your well-being, and scaring potential customers are not in their best interest.

basically the same for me.... coming off i probably owuldnt have cared as i just wanted to quit ciggs....taste was all that mattered...but now that im off, i too care about these things and recently found out about Diketones. I knew a little about Diacetyl but that was it...

i just ordered my first Diketone FREE liquid from a vendor ive never used and really hope it tastes good

i just ordered my first Diketone FREE liquid from a vendor ive never used and really hope it tastes good

Awesome.  Let us know where we can get diketone free E-liquid.

Interesting:

Does your E Liquid contain Diacetyl?

None of our E Liquid contains Diacetyl or the related diketones(Acetyl Propionyl and Acetoin).  Our claims are based off of flavor manufacturer claims. Majority of the flavorings we use have a certificate of analysis that show that there are no diketones in the juice, however there are a few that we are taking the flavoring manufacturer’s word of mouth.  Due to the nature of E Liquid testing in the current market, we have not yet found a reliable solution to get our E Liquid tested. Once the time arrives for proper testing, we will get independent testing done to show some lab results of our E Liquid.

Hummm and the one they show as their test is generic and not specific. (Their Certificate of Analysis) So where is the proof that they did anything except take the word of their Flavoring supplier? Or the individual tests on the flavors they list on their site? Hummmm

:sofa: