E liquid question.

How do you know that it's Diketone FREE? Have you had it tested?

Hummm and the one they show as their test is generic and not specific. (Their Certificate of Analysis) So where is the proof that they did anything except take the word of their Flavoring supplier? Or the individual tests on the flavors they list on their site? Hummmm

:sofa:

funny, of all the diketone free sites out there, you posed the one i tried lol... yes, Clean Vape....and its been posted here already but they ahve done actual lot testing of 10+ flavors and results are posted....

FDA will soon begin putting pressure on companies to do the same, so expect this to be the new norm... id say within 2 years, the FDA places limits or bans diketones altogether

They aren't going to ban diketones. They are already all over the place ( FDAs list of Generallly Recognized As Safe food additives). They already have limits in place.

What they will do is try to regulate the production of e-liquids. They will likely make e-liquid manufacturers submit to heavy testing and manufacturing guidelines (no making e-juice in the bathtub) which will effectively eliminate about 90% of the e-liquid makers (wild guess but in the ball park) . 

The problem they are going to have is that it is so easy to make e-juice that they have to come up with a way to control it and that's going to be very difficult.  Making backwoods whiskey is rocket science compared to making e-juice so I say good luck to the FDA on capping e-juice off. 

funny, of all the diketone free sites out there, you posed the one i tried lol... yes, Clean Vape....and its been posted here already but they ahve done actual lot testing of 10+ flavors and results are posted....

FDA will soon begin putting pressure on companies to do the same, so expect this to be the new norm... id say within 2 years, the FDA places limits or bans diketones altogether

How do you know that the tests they ran (if they really ran any), are true? You're just taking their word for it or from what's on their website, right? Unless you've seen the facility yourself and conducted empirical tests, how do you know that these results they posted are true and accurate?

It's too easy to put numbers out there from (pick your acronym of the week) lab and say these things are true. Until there is some way to get true results from an unbiased source, I'll keep using common sense and my own research, thanks.  :)

How do you know that the tests they ran (if they really ran any), are true? You're just taking their word for it or from what's on their website, right? Unless you've seen the facility yourself and conducted empirical tests, how do you know that these results they posted are true and accurate?

It's too easy to put numbers out there from (pick your acronym of the week) lab and say these things are true. Until there is some way to get true results from an unbiased source, I'll keep using common sense and my own research, thanks.  :)

well, thats just ridiculous lol...you essentially do not trust anyone or anything then. How could you?

The testing is done at a 3rd party lab with test results shown...not sure what else i as a consumer can rely on. What else could you possible want?

It looks like Nicoticket used a lab that is using what is currently thought of as the best method for testing - GC, Gas chromatography.  Appears legit. 

I think it's wise to be a little skeptical regarding testing. Its It's very easy to believe something on the internet if you agree with it. And there have been some testing scandals including using sub par testing methods or trusting a 3rd party claim they have tested.  

I guess I should be throwing out TFA testing as my barometer for DIY, and anyone who uses them for their juices. How do I know they are truthful, valid form of testing, etc. :rolleyes:

Kidding aside, I am more concerned about coming taxes, and licensing fees imposed on anyone selling vape related products. Who knows, some of the favorite places I buy from may not be in business for long.

I accept some level of diketone exposure. But nice to know there are places that are dike free (if true), or show how much they have in it. So I can choose when and how much to indulge. just like how I watch what eat, but pig out once in awhile. :)