Third Year Starts Today!

Today I celebrate the forty second anniversary of my twenty first birthday, and more importantly the completion of two whole years without cigarettes because of vaping.  This is a great opportunity to thank y'all for reading my corny poems and stories and song parodies, but mostly I want to thank y'all for the advice, encouragement and support over all these days.  You folks here have made this incredible (in my mind) journey so much more enjoyable and rewarding.  I can now say with confidence that I am a former smoker, and a current vaper. (I won't say reformed smoker, I won't join THAT club)   :)   

When I started smoking back in 1964, I had no idea that I was joining a lifelong club committed to one thing.  That one thing was to make sure day after day, year after year, and in my case, decade after decade that there were always enough cigarettes and matches (or zippo fluid and flints, or bics or crickets) to make it through the day or night or party or weekend or holiday or occasion. or activity to the point of obsession.  It was never far from my thoughts.  I learnt from my grandfather to always tap my pockets before leaving for the day for wallet, keys, cigarettes, matches.  If all were stocked it was ok to go.  

Now because of vaping, I've been two whole years without worrying about where the next pack is coming from.  How far am I to the nearest seller of cigarettes.  Is there a store still open.  OMG I'm down to my last three.  I hope they sell cigs here.  Better stop for cigs before we start on this trip.  Better go to this club instead, they sell cigarettes in case we run out.  I wish the bell would ring so I can smoke.  This plane trip will never end and then the horrible immigration line, so let's see ... how long til I can smoke?  Damn! This airport doesn't have a smoking lounge?   On and on.  Vaping doesn't do that to me.  I'm much more serene and less ocd.  

The side effects of this?   No more morning coughing up a lung when waking.  No more scrambling for, "where the hell did I leave the cigarettes" when waking.  Lower blood pressure and cholesterol.  Better sleeping. Climbing stairs without feeling the need to make a heavy breathing phone call.  (JK)  Less colds and respiratory infections. No more limbs falling asleep or cramping while sleeping. Male function :)    Dramatic improvement in taste and smell.  Still can use vaping stuff to have that bad boy James Dean type image without jeopardizing health.  No more panic attacks because of not being able to catch breath, or get to the top of the breathing cycle. No more obsessive worrying about this chest xray will be the killer even though of course everyone, especially x smokers are still statistically more likely to get smoker's ailments, the worry isn't there thus improving every day life.  

It has truly been an incredible journey and again thanks with all my heart to the folks here on VT, and the countless engineers and chemists, both professional and amateur who work so hard to make this activity better and better every day.

Finally a huge French Connection United Kingdom off!!!!!!!!! to the FDA, Congress, and Big Tobacco for all their attempts to impede our progress and success. 

Edited by jonnoh

Way to go no h.

Keep those cards and letters coming. They are very welcome around here. :)

There once was a man with a zippo

Who too often would give it a flippo

He tossed out the monkey

And all of that junky

2 years now does nothing but drippo

Thanks for the congrats!  This time I really deserve it.  I do so admire people who can quit tobacco no matter how they do it.  But I love doing it this way enjoying my days and my relatively new habit.  Note: Habit, not Addiction. Quitting smoking without any feeling of deprivation and adding a whole new dimension through vaping is a win win!  

There once was a smoker named Jon

After years realized smoking's a con

He changed his ways

Now engulfed in a haze

Of vapour with flavours tres bon.

LOL Bebop!

Edited by jonnoh