Heatvape Mini 50w Mod With Temp. Control

Sorry. Forst I want appologize to Rixter. I wasnt intending to hijack the thread.

The heatvape mini is looking better and better the more I check this stuff out. I didnt realize the temp control technology is different in the M80. Looks like the dna40 is the only reliable one so far that I can find (and clones). Looks like I'll be sticking with that in my search.....

No apology necessary...I'm all about finding out what works well and what doesn't. It appears that the Xpro M80 has some issues with ramp up time, and even with the latest firmware, it looks like it lags well behind the Vaporshark RDNA (DNA40 board). I'm still trying to find out how the Heatvape Mini compares to the RDNA as that seems to be the benchmark.

Great link!

If this was in a different mod (somthing that looked more like a Cloupor Mini, ipv mini, etc)  I would have jumped on it.  I am not a fan of the looks, it is just too "transformer" for me.

I really like the technology.  I want to try it so bad.  The DNA chips look great, but dang they are so expensive.  I have heard very little about YiHi's temp control, but I really have not looked for it.

No offense, but to me, all you guys from that part of the country sound like Rocky...kinda like how we Southern guys all sound like Larry the cable guy to you. :yes

I was thinking more like Deliverance :harhar: :harhar:

• 2 weeks later...

Did you order yours yet Rixter?

I'm about to pull the trigger on this baby. I'm only buying one for now. But I'm also looking for an RTA right now too.

Y'all research it a little. The Kangxin board is a little wonky it has issues coming out of sleep mode and holding settings also boost buck is so so at best to name a couple. Most people with one say it does good in temp mode though and if your not changing attys alot it works decent for the price. Also I've seen the IPV 4 selling for $65 and change, the yihi board is stable and temp control works great. I won't link to the forum where it is being discussed prolly tick off the mods if I do. Just something to think about the ChiDNA and other clone boards are not up to the authentics in performance. Got a couple of Isticks that are proof of that.

Thanks Tex. yeah I'm only buying for temp mode. I like the Yihi board too. Getting good reviews. Still haven't made the leap yet but I'm close.

Y'all research it a little. The Kangxin board is a little wonky it has issues coming out of sleep mode and holding settings also boost buck is so so at best to name a couple. Most people with one say it does good in temp mode though and if your not changing attys alot it works decent for the price. Also I've seen the IPV 4 selling for $65 and change, the yihi board is stable and temp control works great. I won't link to the forum where it is being discussed prolly tick off the mods if I do. Just something to think about the ChiDNA and other clone boards are not up to the authentics in performance. Got a couple of Isticks that are proof of that.

I have researched this mod more than anything else I've bought in quite some time...I've watched countless videos and read review after review of the Heatvape Invader Mini 50, so I guess I must've missing something. I've not seen anything negative about it anywhere. In fact, most reviews say it actually performs better than mods with the DNA40 chip (Vaporshark rDNA included). If you can point me to some negative info you've found, please do so because I planned on buying one any day now.

Another thing I really like about this mod's design is that while it might not be completely water-proof, I feel like it probably will be a lot more dust-proof than any of the other box mods I currently own. Since I work in a cabinet and furniture shop, that's a big consideration for me.

Edited by Rixter

Yeah I couldn't find anything either. There was a chip update some time ago but all seems well now.

And there's nothing on temp control on the ipv mini 2 that I can find. I'm not sure we're talking about the same temp control.

The video in post #73 is the first one I've seen with anyone having any troubles with the device, and it could be a defective coil or even a defective device that he got. I'm going to try and get one this weekend and if it doesn't work properly, I'll just send it back for a refund.

Edited by Rixter

Theres a lengthy discussion on another forum from people that have been using it daily for a while now. For the most part people like it there's just a few quirks to deal with. I almost picked one up but got a deal on a Vaporshark with an updated DNA 40 and I also have a new DNA 40 to put in a box so there was no need.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines