Show your ManCave. >> pics <<

my Bitter 1/2 woodnt give up one of her shelves for my/(now our) vape equipment..

(this is a large entertainment center with side cabinet units)

& told me to build my own curio cabinet for the vape goods..

now guys when I get that look (& you guys know the look I'm talking about),,

my brain went into HMMMMM I CAN DO IT MODE!!!!

I'm going to turn my old Baitshop (attic) into my new KEEP the HELL OUTTA HER WAY mancave...

20150308_142241.jpg

this will be an ongoing project & I'll post a ton of pics as it goes..

FEEL FREE to show off your ManCave...

Are you planning to put in a small ventilation fan in your new mancave? If you're going to be spending any length of time there and vaping, you're going to want something to vent the vapor...  :)

nice Christopher,,

if that old desk could talk imagine the stories it would tell...

glad my Baitshop's old bench/desk cant talk cuz it. would be ALL censored!!!

like the kiddos artwork in the background,, I remember our fridge looking like that...

Tug's desk on yer screen looks toooooooooo organized!!!

Edited by HOOKER

So that's what your set up looks like. Very nice! And I see we both have the same battery back up too. What size SSD did you get? Just recently I went with a 500 gig Samsung. Now, I'm thinking of getting one more and putting them together. Love the speed of boot up not that I ever turn off my tower...  :)

better than ventilation Tam,,

it will have Heat & A/C, running water, small fridge, SmartTV & BUNN Coffee pot...

what more could a guy get or want???

Dang are you going to live in there? Lol, is your bitter half gonna ever see you. I sorta have one but its a girl cave no husbands allowed only my little kittens! [emoji3]

So that's what your set up looks like. Very nice! And I see we both have the same battery back up too. What size SSD did you get? Just recently I went with a 500 gig Samsung. Now, I'm thinking of getting one more and putting them together. Love the speed of boot up not that I ever turn off my tower...  :)

I picked up a couple of 500gb Samsung 850's. They've come down in price a lot over the last year or two it's incredible. We have a store out here called Fry's which started price matching Amazon. So I hopped my *** down there for a good deal :) It's amazing how much of a speed boost you gain of them. I already have a pretty beefy system as it is but the SSD's really sped up my startup time. Though my biggest gripe was data transfer. It's not unusual for me to move around 80-100GB worth of data and I got tired of the transfer times. 

Right now I'm running two internal 500GB SSD's and on the outside you can see the hot swap bays. Those are hold a couple of 1TB hybrid drives. (Nothing fancy) and I've got two more in the locked drawer that are in cases. (Gotta keep backups of the backups) And yup gotta have the APC! It's saved my *** a few times. (I've got a pretty green system and I can pull about 30 minutes off that box alone)

lots of technology,, I'm glad you made a friendly place here for us to gab & yak & post pics all day/nite...

thanks for putting in ALL the time to make VAPOR TALK what it is today,,

we/us as members dont see what you Admins & moderators do or go through on a daily basis

thanks again,,

unofficial howdy wagon driver

I picked up a couple of 500gb Samsung 850's. They've come down in price a lot over the last year or two it's incredible. We have a store out here called Fry's which started price matching Amazon. So I hopped my ass down there for a good deal :) It's amazing how much of a speed boost you gain of them. I already have a pretty beefy system as it is but the SSD's really sped up my startup time. Though my biggest gripe was data transfer. It's not unusual for me to move around 80-100GB worth of data and I got tired of the transfer times. 

Right now I'm running two internal 500GB SSD's and on the outside you can see the hot swap bays. Those are hold a couple of 1TB hybrid drives. (Nothing fancy) and I've got two more in the locked drawer that are in cases. (Gotta keep backups of the backups) And yup gotta have the APC! It's saved my ass a few times. (I've got a pretty green system and I can pull about 30 minutes off that box alone)

This is the one I got: http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-2-5-Inch-Internal-MZ-75E500B-AM/dp/B00OBRE5UE/ref=pd_sim_pc_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0PDPM58GYX4N9BE1E4D6

It's also the same SSD I'm trying hard not to buy a second one of right now. I don't know why I bother to put up any resistance since I already bought a 3.5" to 2.5" bay converter that holds two SSDs. 

Now that I have the OS on the SSD, the data transfer speed is starting to get on my nerves. While my data isn't anywhere as big as yours, Chris, speed does matter.  LOL  :D

This is the one I got: http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-2-5-Inch-Internal-MZ-75E500B-AM/dp/B00OBRE5UE/ref=pd_sim_pc_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0PDPM58GYX4N9BE1E4D6

It's also the same SSD I'm trying hard not to buy a second one of right now. I don't know why I bother to put up any resistance since I already bought a 3.5" to 2.5" bay converter that holds two SSDs. 

Now that I have the OS on the SSD, the data transfer speed is starting to get on my nerves. While my data isn't anywhere as big as yours, Chris, speed does matter.  LOL   :D

whoa looks like it just went up. I kid you not that sucker was on sale earlier this week for 189. 

lots of technology,, I'm glad you made a friendly place here for us to gab & yak & post pics all day/nite...

thanks for putting in ALL the time to make VAPOR TALK what it is today,,

we/us as members dont see what you Admins & moderators do or go through on a daily basis

thanks again,,

unofficial howdy wagon driver

You're most welcome :) It's a labor of love.