Probably VERY Stupid...

T-Bone

I have 4 Pro Tank 3 Minis, 2 have blue pyrex, the other two are clear.

Sometimes I have a hard time remembering what juice I have in each...and this probably means I'm an idiot but sometimes I cannot ID the juice with a few puffs.

Does this happen to anyone else? I guess the easy way is to simply get different colored pyrex....but there are only blue and clear options available in the store.

Edited by The Bone Slummer

Yes, it happens to me often if I haven't vaped that tank in a while. There are too many flavors to keep track of around chez Tam. LOL. For keeping track (somewhat), of the juices in the tanks I use often, I just use different colored drip tips. Much cheaper and easier than changing out the glass tanks. :)

I can easily tell just by taking a draw off the tanks on my flavors but if I were using more than one or two I would probably use a drip tip color system. With such different flavors I would think the scent or a simple drag off the tank before it is on a battery would do the trick.

See, I guess I have crappy taste sense.

It will get better :)

Knowing that I only have a few flavors, I tend to keep specific flavors in specific style tanks (because they taste better in those tanks), but when I mix-and-match so to speak, my sense of smell has gotten so much better over the past 9-months that I can usually identify the flavor by the smell of the juice.

Drip-tips are excellent ideas if you have multiple flavors, and the tip can follow the flavor, regardless of the tank you put it in.

I thought drip tips were for those high end type rigs that are made just to put one or two drops onto it and get big clouds...no?

Every "tank", not to be confused with clearomizer, that I know of has a removable drip tip. I have dozens of assorted tips I use as the mood strikes me and that match the Spinner 2s I have lol. I now have one in every color made.

The Pro Tank minis that you have allow you to take off the tips/mouth pieces. It may be a little tight but it comes off by rocking it a bit and pulling at the same time. If it's hard to take off, put a drop or two of the juice on the O-ring before replacing it into the tank to lube it. You can get all kinds of drip tips as long as they're made for a 510 or 901 connection.

Empire Mods (http://www.empiremods.com/) has lots of different drip tips as does Stormy's Vapor Cellar (http://stormysvaporcellar.com/ocstore/index.php?route=product/search&search=drip%20tips&description=true&sort=relevance&order=DESC). A couple of places to try. :)

If I had a nickel for every time my wife said "what flavor is this?" as she hands me her set up....

But my wife is a notorious mixer,lol. She vapes down the pumpkin then puts in a little banana bread and vapes that for a while then adds some vanilka caramel....then I get the question...

"Hmmm....not sure, hon....*puff puff*...Im thinking...frankenstine???" lol.

Im the opposite. I keep one tank one flavor and color code my drip tips.

Good news is I finally got her off platic tanks for good. We use all protanks, davides and nautilus now. Life is good.... Until I get home..."honey, what flavor is this?" ....

I started off by getting different colored glass - and of course, keeping a list. But they only have so many colors of glass, and my blue glass broke, and I had to replace it with clear glass, plus I had a couple other clear glass KPT2s as well. I haven't gotten around to cleaning out all my different colored tanks, and putting each of the three juices in different tanks - but I also have about 4, I think, different drip tips that I had ordered. Well, I think that's down to three now, because oddly enough, at Wal-Mart, got out of the car, took my Zmax out of my purse to take a hit on the way to the store, and the stupid drip tip came off (one of my favorites) and rolled who the heck knows.

Anyway, I had one of those very same mix ups happen to me today. Or maybe it was last night. I've been having trouble tasting one of my juices, for days and days and days it tasted burned, it was horrid, and since I am ALMOST out of Cactus Juice (maybe 5 mls left, that won't last a day) and I'm waiting on my order, I was looking to see if still had anything in tanks that I could stand to vape anymore. Well, the drip tips on the Cactus Juice tank and the Smurfs Blood tank got mixed up. I KNOW that when I washed out the smurfs blood tank and refilled it last night it had the stainless steel looking drip tip on it, and the grey drip tip was on the Cactus Juice. I didn't notice until today that the drip tips got switched when I was messing around last night - and my taste buds are so messed up right now, I ALMOST couldn't tell the difference. I had to open up each tank, get a good whiff of the juice in the tank, and then put a drop of juice on my finger and see which one it smelled like. Looking at the color of the juice wouldn't help me either, because the juices are ALMOST the same color.

Edit:

Did I mention I have a running list? I had so many tanks going at one time, I had to. But right now, the list is just grey drip tip - Smurfs Blood; Stainless drip tip, Cactus Juice; Davide, Honey Wood; Kayfun 3.1, Cactus Juice.

Edited by spydre

Yes, it happens to me often if I haven't vaped that tank in a while. There are too many flavors to keep track of around chez Tam. LOL. For keeping track (somewhat), of the juices in the tanks I use often, I just use different colored drip tips. Much cheaper and easier than changing out the glass tanks. :)

I love that idea.. And I had picked up the set of silicone drip tips from fasttech for nothing.. Just for days like that.. I can always pop on my favorite top on my tank /rda for the day but storage.. I sometimes forget so I have a decent system.. Put the bottle and tank together as well.. Both work 4 me..

• 2 weeks later...

i currently dont have this problem even though i use like 4 different juices, i only use two tanks currently so i usually know which tank has which flavor, but eventually when i do get into multiple tanks/mods i will use some sort of i.d. system or just might use comps idea of using a label maker to keep better track of the flavors in the different tanks.

Yeah, I'm using my label maker...I just wrap it around each of my Protank minis with the current juice. Then I just keep those tanks for that juice only until I run out. With my Protank 2s I keep them filled with my two favorite flavors, PBFB and Birthday Cake from Fadora.