Thinking Of A Different Battery

T-Bone

I really enjoy having a couple fixed V batteries. I have a couple 900mah 3.7 ego T's and I just bought a stubby 1300mah ego. Same width as original spinner but shorter (no VV). There are lots of times where I want smaller and simpler

It really depends on what you are looking for. The spinner is a great battery.

My suggestions:

Cheap and Tiny, Super Small, Disposable, VV and VW: The iStick http://vapenw.com/ego-variable/istick-by-eleaf

This is what I use as a daily rig with a Nautilus Mini. I have two setups that I rotate daily.

Next step up I would look at the MPV20W. I don't think they are on sale yet, but these things are bullet proof. I assume this new version will be as well.

Next would be the Vapor Shark DNA30: http://www.vaporshark.com/advanced/mechs-mods/dna-buy-now

Last I would look at the IPV3: http://sweet-vapes.com/apvs/pioneer4you/ipv-v3-150-watt.html

This thing is huge. With the 165watt upgrade and dual 18650's it has power to spare. I have one, but don't see it getting nearly as much use as my iSticks!

I guess it really depends on where you want to go. Like Bebop said if you want to stick with the ego style, some of the smaller ego's can be very pocket friendly. If you want to step up to variable wattage, electronic boxes, check out the stuff above.

Just like juice, APV's are totally subjective. I love box mods. I gave away all of my ego style. I have a buddy that will only use ego style batteries and thinks I crazy for buying boxes! I thinks the next big step for me is a REO. http://www.reosmods.com/

I know it's all personal preference...and what I'm looking for. Being new, I want to hear what others use, have been surprised by etc and maybe try them out. :) I don't think the Vision Spinner 2 is cheap, tiny and disposable (unless I'm completely mistaken! lol)...so that's not what I'm looking for at all.

I'm looking for suggestions from folks on some nice stuff they've used.

Like, "Hey, read any good books lately?". :P

I don't think the Vision Spinner 2 is cheap, tiny and disposable (unless I'm completely mistaken! lol)...so that's not what I'm looking for at all.

Sorry, by disposable, I meant that it without a lot of technical skill when it quits you throw it away.

I was also talking about the iStick, not the Vision Spinner 2. I really don't have any experience with the spinner at all. I just know most people that have them love them.

Edited by jasonculp

For some reason I've wanted to try one of the batteries that are square or rectangular in shape...

I prefer square/rectangle mods. Here are the electronic boxes around my chair this evening:

The one in front is a Itaze VV with a Nautilus Mini
Left is an iStick with a Nautilus Mini
Middle is an MPV with a Nautilus
Right is an IPV3 with a Billow RTA on it.

I also want to try one of those items that puts out a room full of vapor on two single drops...

The rig on the right is getting close to it. I am running a .4 ohm twisted 28ga dual coil set up on it. It is hitting as hard, if not harder than my 454 Big Block RDA.

If you are looking for a box mod, in most circumstances, you can't go wrong with either an MVP or a VTR, and the cost dependent on where you get. I wouldn't go for the 20 Watt MVP. But the original MVP and the VTR are pretty heavy duty. I'm an absolute klutz. I'm not shy about the fact that I have problems with my hands and sometimes have a hard time keeping a hold of things. I dropped both of them about a zillion times. Literally, the only thing that went wrong (other than sometimes, if I dropped it just right, it would somehow trigger the battery door on the VTR to pop open) is the last time I dropped the VTR, it bent what is basically an extender, so you don't have to put your tank down in the side of the VTR, and it's also where the ego threaded tanks hook up to. The thing about the MVP is where the trigger is located. It's smack dab in the middle of of the front face, so you have to use your thumb, and it takes more pressure to trigger than regular round batteries. And, well, there is the draw back that you have to charge it, but you have the Spinner to use while that's going on, and it takes no more than two or three hours, if I recall. The VTR has a side trigger button, so you would naturally use your finger. It's stiffer than other mods, but not nearly as stiff as the MVP. But you'll pay more for the VTR, and once you put a tank on a VTR, it weighs in at a full pound. The MVP is heavier than "non-box" mods, but still I'd say nearly half the weight of the VTR.

Anyway, I've dropped both my MVP and VTR on pavement and not had problems with it - I've broken one tank and cracked another in drops, but the devices themselves were fine (AND broken a good drip tip in the process as well). They still function well. I replaced the MVP with the VTR, and replaced the VTR with my current Sigelei Zmax V5 only because of the trigger thumb and finger(s) problem I have in my left hand now, making it more difficult for me hold a box mod (and sometimes more painful to hold it as well).

I prefer a plain eGo-T (1100mAh) for my Kanger mini tanks... bullet-proof, simple, and cheap :) They are my go-to for back-ups and traveling on my motorcycle because they take up so little space, and I can carry four batteries and four tanks in my 5.5" x 3" x 1.5" HCigar MOD pouch... and it fits nicely in my jacket pocket or tank-pouch...

For box-mods... I've not tried the iStick, but I'm a firm advocate for the MVP 2.0... The button on the MVP is stiff, but I find it feeling "secure" because you don't accidentally fire it off. I also spin it around and use my first or middle-finger to fire it because using my thumb feels awkward. I've used a VTR, and I'm getting closer and closer to buying one... I like the form-factor, tank placement, and the fact I can replace the batteries on-demand, rather than waiting for it to charge.

I've done the VV stick batteries (like the Spinner and Twist), but since I prefer 3.6-3.8V anyway (with the coils/juices I use), paying extra for a VV eGo-style just doesn't make sense... thus why I gravitate towards eGo-T's... They're reliable, cheap, and I don't think twice about giving one (or two) away to a noobie, or being pissed if one gets damaged or lost :)

I'd suggest the Eleaf Istick. They are reasonably priced for what you get, especially if you find one on sale. My first one I paid $35. I bought my second one last weekend during the Black Friday sales for $22 shipped.

isticks.jpg

I like that black one...hmmm...

I prefer square/rectangle mods. Here are the electronic boxes around my chair this evening:

The one in front is a Itaze VV with a Nautilus Mini
Left is an iStick with a Nautilus Mini
Middle is an MPV with a Nautilus
Right is an IPV3 with a Billow RTA on it.

The rig on the right is getting close to it. I am running a .4 ohm twisted 28ga dual coil set up on it. It is hitting as hard, if not harder than my 454 Big Block RDA.

That middle one caught my eye...

That middle one caught my eye...

The MPV. It is a great setup. Mine is modified. It is a great rig, but a little limited. The MPV has been a workhorse the 3 problems it has is, the hard button push/locaction, the tall ego/510 sticking up, and the relatively low power output. The Vapor Talk store has a good deal on these,http://www.vaportalk.com/shop/innokin-itaste-mvp-2-0-brushed-black/ they last forever.

I do think the new MPV20W is going to be an improvement. They fixed the ego/510 connection, and it will now put out 20 watts. According to the Innokin guy on Reddit, it is the exact same components, the same battery, body, switch, etc. The only thing changed is the upgraded processor, and the flush 510.

I would still be using my MVP if it wasn't for the iStick. I get much more power, from a smaller package, that lasts all day, and is much more comfortable in my hand. The only down side to it (for me) is that big tanks don't look good on it.

Edited by jasonculp

Earthling, I never even THOUGHT about turning the MVP around and trying to use my finger to trigger it. But, yeah, I'm a firm believer in the MVP and the VTR. The reason I replaced the MVP with the VTR was I just got tired of having to go back to a stick battery, even a twist, while the MVP was charging. If you got for the VTR, you won't regret it, either. The only disadvantage over the MVP I ever saw was that with the MVP, you could get a an actual battery read-out, not just the red/yellow/green light indicating level of charge. The VTR, you only have the color of the light to indicate what your charge level is, so it got to the point where, say if I was going up to bed - which generally involves more than an hour of sitting, watching TV, and then another hour of reading, vaping the whole time, if the indicator was yellow, I would just swap the battery out before I went to bed. But, I also recall that 18650's don't last as long as the built in battery in the MVP.

Jasonculp, you are right about the ego/510 fit in the the original MVP. I had forgotten about that. I had post issues sometimes when I used my MVP, and had to pull that center post up to connect.

If you don't mind a tube: vamo v5's are great vv/vw mods.

Had my vamo quite a while now and it has been very reliable and durable.

great for firing 1.2ohm + tanks. puts out up to 15w and will run off a single 18650, dual 18350's or a single 18350.

I have two vamo's, and a vision spinner II that are all but retired now as I primarily vape from a kayfun lite plus running a single 26g 0.5ohm coil.

So I bought a new variable mod the e-holly 35w. (under $50 shipped) that can fire down to 0.5ohm and push out 35w of power.

Finally, my goto setup is my smok magneto mech mod with the KFL+

I find the mech mod to be more pocket friendly, looks like it was made for the tank with how well it fits together with the KFL+ and how well it matches it. No accidental firing with the lock ring down. great mod that takes both button top and flat top batteries, and both 18650 and 18350 as it telecsopes.

Only downside is it does not have ego threads, but I would never put an ego tank on there anyways. nor do I have any desire to use an ego tank or any other replaceable coil tank for that matter... actually gave my GF the nautilus I had. she loves it, but I found myself no longer using it after I got the kayfun.

So many choices.

I do like the VV because some juices are just way too heavy on high voltage, so I turn it down...mostly spiced juices I have to turn down. But I don't plan on buying any spiced juices anymore, really anyway (except for one that Fadora makes, his Mellow Spice is awesome)...

I'm thinking of getting the black iStick, but I'm curious what tank is on there...it's really cool looking and I can't find it in the store.

Only downside is it does not have ego threads, but I would never put an ego tank on there anyways. nor do I have any desire to use an ego tank or any other replaceable coil tank for that matter... actually gave my GF the nautilus I had. she loves it, but I found myself no longer using it after I got the kayfun.

Just out of curiosity, what do you dislike about replaceable coil tanks? And isn't ego just the standard for the threads used?

I hope that, if I buy the iStick, the chargers I have will work...don't want to keep spending money, lol.

I'm thinking of getting the black iStick, but I'm curious what tank is on there...it's really cool looking and I can't find it in the store.

Here is the joytech delta 19 http://sweet-vapes.com/clearomizers-cartomizers-tanks/joyetech/joyetech-tanks/joyetech-delta-19.html

I am seriously looking at them. I just have not done it yet! Coils are very expensive, but supposed to be of a superior quality. I would have to see it to believe it.

I hope that, if I buy the iStick, the chargers I have will work...don't want to keep spending money, lol.

It will plug in to any usb charger like for a cellphone.

That Tank is a Joyetech Delta Tank. I would give you a link but the site is down for maintenance.

The Eleaf has a built in charger so you are good to go.

Danngit Comp.... you're too quick!

It will plug in to any usb charger like for a cellphone.

I have two chargers, the first cell phone charger I had didn't work with the spinner, so when I went to the local B&M asking him for a charger for my Spinner he said as long as "it's ego threaded"...