Robin Willams is Dead

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/11/showbiz/robin-williams-dead/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

:crybaby:

(CNN) -- Comedic actor Robin Williams died at his Northern California home Monday, law enforcement officials said. Williams was 63.

Coroner investigators suspect "the death to be a suicide due to asphyxia," according to a statement from the Marin County, California, Sheriff's office.

"Robin Williams passed away this morning," his media representative Mara Buxbaum told CNN.

"He has been battling severe depression of late. This is a tragic and sudden loss. The family respectfully asks for their privacy as they grieve during this very difficult time."

My daughter just sent me this info in a text message... it is truly a sad, sad day in the world of comedy...

I actually met the man once in the late 80's (when he was getting clean), and he was oddly personable, in a funny yet sarcastic way... kinda strange to describe him back then, but I'm proud to say I got the chance to shake the man's hand, listen to his stories, and spend a few hours fishing next to him on a sunny Saturday!

I grew up in Boulder where the Mork & Mindy story took place. Most of the series was filmed in CA. There were a few areas that where filmed in Boulder. The most famous is the house. The address is actually listed on IMDb. I feel bad for the people that lived in that house during the popularity of the show. It was a big tourist attraction. My classmates were all crazy about the show and I swear everyone had rainbow suspenders. I did not own a pair of suspenders, if you were wondering. My cousins, in Michigan, were so jealous. It was hard to explain that Mork did not actually live in Boulder. Yes, we drove every visiting relative by the house.

I was so shocked and saddened by the news today. I have never been so sad or shocked to hear about the death of any celebrity. Robin Williams had the ability to make us laugh, love, cry, feel dirty (thank you Jeff) and look over our shoulder in fear. He had the ability to bounce from film to film with a silly character, serious or a mix. I will miss him dearly.