GPlat Wire

3Rutez

Has anyone taken the plunge yet?

I have been reading up on it for quite some time, and anyone who has tried it says it is much better than A1 Kanthal. I will be placing an order and will compare it with my Kanthal wire shortly. Due to the high cost, I will only be purchasing 6' of 24g and 26g initially.

http://vapinology.com/

RiP Trippers did a review on GPlat wire as well.

I don't rebuild very often, so the high price isn't too big of a turn-off for me. I am still rocking the 26g dual micro coils in my Kraken from early May, which has been my ADV setup for that entire period.

It is still way cheaper than when I started to vape, purchasing replacement coils for the ProTank every 5 days.

We will see how it stacks up against the tried and true Kanthal wire. I am happy to be the VT guinea pig. :D

Received the GPlat today. Vape mail arrived 30 minutes before I had to leave for work, so I didn't have much time for experimenting.

IMG_20140619_120240_zps9rkdizqg.jpg

I was able to rebuild a Kraken with the 26g though. I kept the ohms in the same range as my other 26g Kanthal build that I have posted in the other thread, which is a 7/8 wrap @ .36ohm.

This one is a 10/11 wrap @ .37ohm using the GPlat, and surprisingly it ramps up the same if not slightly quicker than the 7/8 wraps with the Kanthal.

IMG_20140619_124542_zpsehhht91m.jpg

This Gplat is super easy to wrap. A real treat to build with.

I didn't have a fully charged battery in when I first vaped with this build. I just popped in a fresh fully charged battery and this thing went from zero to sixty insanely fast. I'd say twice as quick as the Kanthal.

I have been vaping on this build for going on 11 hours, and I am pretty much blown away with how well it performs on this Kraken. I will definitely be keeping the GPlat stocked for this type of setup. The vapor is so much warmer (which I have been liking), and the flavor is much more crisp than with the Kanthal build. As I said earlier, the ramp up time is insanely quick, which is another big plus for me. I was very skeptical about this wire before, but now I am starting to believe in the hype.

Hopefully I have some spare time tomorrow to rebuild my RDA and test this stuff out where it is supposed to really shine, in a dripper.

IGO-W, 24g GPlat dual micros, 9 wrap @ a scary .08ohm

IMG_20140620_123923_zpseipexm1f.jpg

With a 1.5 second pulse I get a lung full of warm vapor. This is just for experimenting with the wire, as I do not recommend going this low for safety reasons.

IMG_20140620_124036_zps0khwgyzb.jpg

Possibly one of those but could be just a blend they made that worked out best for vaping. Someone with the money could get it analyzed and undercut them if they wanted I bet. It's definitely got some kanthal and a nickel alloy blend of some sort. Possibly another alloy that is chrome based which would at least explain some of the crazy cost of it and the shine factor. I enjoy how it burns but I don't get as great of a connection on my posts as I do with straight kanthal. It could just be my brass monkey doesn't like it so I'm going to build with it when my zenith v2 arrives in a few days and see if that's the problem. I see you got the red version and I'm using the blue. That might be why you're noticing really fast heat up times and I'm not. I may try the red before I decide if I'm just going to stick with kanthal permanently.

Edited by SteezeOG