New question askers.... read this first please!

In an effort to help reduce the overly repetitive question threads that have been popping up, I would like to ask that members read the following questions to yourself BEFORE posting your question. If you answer ANY of these with a YES, please research, and fix that issue prior to asking your question. Not only will this aid in reducing similar threads, it will most likely avoid the detrimental blow to your ego that will almost surely follow if your question is asked in absolute disregard to the above, and below....

1. Are you unfamiliar with or did not purchase an Ohm meter prior to attempting to rebuild coils?

2. Are you unaware of Ohm Law?

3. Are you unfamiliar with the size, make and capabilities of your battery?

4. Is your primary focus of vaping solely to produce the biggest cloud humanly possible while absolutely being ignorant to your own safety and situational awareness?

5. Have you been vaping less then a day and already are a rebuilding guru who sub ohms using sticks and sweat, and only cares about the cloud?

I honestly started this off seriously, but decided to have fun with it. However the first 3 questions are real and should be able to be answered with a NO prior to starting a new thread with a silly question that can be answered by yourself by simply doing a little research.

Edited by BirdDog
wall

Lol.

Something should be in there to suggest that a minimumof 4 hours of personal reasearch should be done in the applicable forum before posting a question

READ THE STICKIES!!!!

Edited by Bebop12

Although I might add a few of the stickies could do with a little updating to bring in to modern times..

I wonder if that's possible?

Know what would be cool?

A new sticky - sort of a "quick guide" . You know something that summarizes the basics and then refers you to deeper locations for details..

That would be sweet, hint hint *cough comp cough*

Edited by Bebop12

Stickies are good... and I agree that some could use an update, and I like the Quick-Start Guide idea :)

Search is an underused tool (although I'm guilty of not digging too deep in the searches, too)...

And points #4 and #5 seem to be an issue lately, don't they (not just on the forum)? Noob's chasing huge clouds is not something new though... just like guys who drop $15K on a fancy, over-powered sport-bike (without learning how to ride first) with the sole purpose of popping wheelies and doing 'stoppies' because they look cool on youtube :( "SQUIDs", in the bike-world... And when one of them gets hurt doing something stupid... they give the rest of us a bad reputation...

And points #4 and #5 seem to be an issue lately, don't they (not just on the forum)? Noob's chasing huge clouds is not something new though... just like guys who drop $15K on a fancy, over-powered sport-bike (without learning how to ride first) with the sole purpose of popping wheelies and doing 'stoppies' because they look cool on youtube :( "SQUIDs", in the bike-world... And when one of them gets hurt doing something stupid... they give the rest of us a bad reputation...

They haven't even mastered riding the tricycle yet and want to zoom down the road on a full tour Harley. Yeah. Not happening with any good results.

The three main terms used in electricity are;

(1) Ampere or Amp, which denotes the measure of current flow.

amps10.jpg

(2) Volt, denoting the measure of electrical force or pressure.

volt11.jpg

(3) Ohm, a measure of electrical resistance.

ohm10.jpg

The relationship of these is expressed in Ohm's Law which states that Volts = Amps x Ohms.

By knowing any two of these parameters, the third can also be calculated thus:

- Volts = Amps x Ohms Ohms = Volts divided by Amps Amps = Volts divided by Ohms

Also: Watts (Power) = Volts x Amps