Kanger tank question

I was just online fixing to place an order for replacement coils for my kanger tank. The kanger site is telling me the MT3 and EVOD tanks use different coils. My question is this, they look awfully similar (the tanks and the replacement coils). The B&M that sold me the tank told me it was a MT3. But in searching different sites for coils I'm seeing these pictures where the MT3s have black mouthpieces and the EVODs have clear ones. On the Kanger site they're both clear.

I just need some help determining which tank I have so I can get the right coil.

Thanks in advance everybody.

P.S. My tank has a clear mouthpiece

Edited by jerryjoe

I believe even though they look similar, the MT3 is slightly larger tank and does use different coils. They look similar in pictures but I believe the stem is thicker on the MT3.

Others can verify. I think the MT3 has a 2.5 ml capacity in liquid and the evod is like 1.8. I prob shouldnt be guessing but that is a clue to which one you have

The EVOD and EVOD 2 use different coils... the "2" is a bottom-dual-coil (BDC), whereas the original EVOD is a single-coil (BCC)

According to the box I'm looking at... The coils I use with my PT2, PT2mini, or EVOD do not fit the MT3, and a quick search shows the MT3 coil boxes are white and list the following compatibility: T3S, T3 and MT3S, MT3.

Will the EVOD coils fit and work? I cannot answer that, but the odds are against it.

Yes, the Kanger EVOD tanks have a clear drip-tip which is not removable. EVOD2's and EVOD2 Glass have removable Stainless drip-tips. I've seen the MT3's with clear drip-tips as well, but not sure if they were MT3 or MT3S.

Oh, and I forgot to mention... my EVOD tank clearly says "KangerTech EVOD" on the bottom ring, and the MT3 tanks I'm looking at online seem to have a knurled bottom ring...

Edited by Earthling789

thanks for the replies. in looking at the kanger site they have very clear pictures of the two tanks. The MT3s do appear to have a rough bottom ring. Mine is definitely smooth, though it does not say kangertech evod on it.

Looking like I might actually have an evod.

The other thing I could do is pour some fluid (water) in the tank and see how much comes out. I don't have any ml measuring spoons but I have various grades of the teaspoon. 1.8 is a third teaspoon and 2.5 ml is a half teaspoon. I assume, because you have to take the bottom off to fill these and you have to stop adding fluid once you reach the top of the shaft the coil stem goes in, then that much fluid is considered "full".

MT3s and T3s have a unique coil and are not in the group that use KPT coils. My wife uses T3S and I have to order separate coils.

Best thing to do is stick a qtip through the shaft to block the hole and dry any residual liquid and condensation at each fill up. Then after filling to the top of the shaft push the q-tip through the bottom and pull it out. If you do this with your tanks at each fill up you will never have a gurgling problem with genuine products.

Maybe this helps. My single kanger coils for my mini pro 2 will not fit my t3s, I tried. They look exactly the same however the "flange" (widest part) of my mini pro 2 coils are ever so slightly larger and prevent the t3s from sealing properly.

Maybe this helps. My single kanger coils for my mini pro 2 will not fit my t3s, I tried. They look exactly the same however the "flange" (widest part) of my mini pro 2 coils are ever so slightly larger and prevent the t3s from sealing properly.

KPT coils WILL NOT fit the T3S or MT3S under any circumstance. With regard to single coil products, the KPT coil **** every Kanger tank except the T3S and MT3S and regular MT3 if there are any still around lol.

T3S coils:

http://www.sweet-vapes.com/shop?page=shop.product_details&flypage=vmj_color_plus.tpl&product_id=1951&category_id=87

KPT Coils: Fits: Protank 1, Protank 2, Mini Protank 1, Mini Protank 2, Mini Protank 2V2, Unitank, Unitank Mini, EVOD (version 1)

http://www.sweet-vapes.com/shop?page=shop.product_details&flypage=vmj_color_plus.tpl&product_id=1836&category_id=87

I understand that the coils are different. My problem is determining which tank I have to order the right coil. I haven't tried the move where I fill my tank with water and measure it in partial teaspoon and then convert that measurement to ml's. The kanger site had the capacities at 2.0 for the evod and 3.0 for the MT3.

I appreciate the advice bcartervol98 but I'm not having a gurgling issue.

I'll try the measurement thing later. I just filled the tank with some new juice I'm trying and don't want to dump it down the sink right yet.

If you have a smooth ring, but does not say KangerTech EVOD on it, you may have an EVOD clone? This is not a bad thing if it is... as the same EVOD coils should work perfectly.

I think measuring the capacity will give you a better idea... EVOD should be between 1.8ml and 2.0ml... MT3 is definitely larger capacity.

For conversion, 2.0ml = 0.406 tsp... 2.5ml = 0.507 tsp... 3.0ml = 0.609 tsp... so if the tank holds more than half-tsp, it is probably an MT3... less than a half-tsp, you've got an EVOD

That's what I figure. I have a half teaspoon measuring spoon. so I'll try that later.

Worse comes to worse I'll but an evod coil and a MT3 coil and whichever fits....well you understand. I'll be out for around $2 but at least I'll know.

Heck, I've been searching different mods for the last two days. Yesterday I was sure I was getting a cool fire or 134 mini and today I found some awesome deals on mechanical mods. I found a kamry k100 starter kit. Here is the description: Battery Capacity: 900mAh/2000mAh One (1) K100 Battery Body One (1) Atomizer Cover One (1) Drip Tip Two (2) Cartomizers One (1) 18350 Battery One (1) 18650 Battery One (1) Battery Protection Chip One (1) Charger One (1) Zipper Case

All that for $34. I'm sure the batteries aren't top shelf and I'll have to replace them and the tank if I like the mod but $34 is a nice price point. I like the idea of no wiring or chip boards to fry.

So $2 on an errant coil shouldn't kill me.

I just wish I could get ups or fedex to deliver out here.

I believe the Mt3 has a knurled end while the evod is smooth

The evod is 64mm long

The MT3 is 72mm long

Edited by Bebop12

Heck, I've been searching different mods for the last two days. Yesterday I was sure I was getting a cool fire or 134 mini and today I found some awesome deals on mechanical mods. I found a kamry k100 starter kit. Here is the description: Battery Capacity: 900mAh/2000mAh One (1) K100 Battery Body One (1) Atomizer Cover One (1) Drip Tip Two (2) Cartomizers One (1) 18350 Battery One (1) 18650 Battery One (1) Battery Protection Chip One (1) Charger One (1) Zipper Case

All that for $34. I'm sure the batteries aren't top shelf and I'll have to replace them and the tank if I like the mod but $34 is a nice price point. I like the idea of no wiring or chip boards to fry.

I love my Kamry K100, it works very well, but my Magneto knocks my socks off in performance. The push button on the bottom doesn't have a spring like the K100 so it's much easier to fire and use. If you're going with a mech, you might check out the Magneto. It's a little more expensive (not by much), and the cost is more than worth it, imo.

I got mine from Fadora.

http://www.fadoravapor.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=34_35&products_id=55

You'll need to get batteries, a charger and the tank/coils too. The batteries that came with my K100 kit were, at best, okay. You'll definitely want to get better batteries for it anyway. The charger that comes in the kit? Junk. I wouldn't feel safe using the thing very often so you'd have to replace that, too. By the time you finish replacing everything you'll need, the Magneto would run you about the same but offer a better vaping experience. And those are just my two cents. :D

I love my Kamry K100, it works very well, but my Magneto knocks my socks off in performance. The push button on the bottom doesn't have a spring like the K100 so it's much easier to fire and use. If you're going with a mech, you might check out the Magneto. It's a little more expensive (not by much), and the cost is more than worth it, imo.

You'll need to get batteries, a charger and the tank/coils too. The batteries that came with my K100 kit were, at best, okay. You'll definitely want to get better batteries for it anyway. The charger that comes in the kit? Junk. I wouldn't feel safe using the thing very often so you'd have to replace that, too. By the time you finish replacing everything you'll need, the Magneto would run you about the same but offer a better vaping experience. And those are just my two cents. :D

I changed my mind on the mechanical. I found a nice Sigelei at kidney punch. That is where I'm going for my batteries and charger anyway. They carry traceable AW's (I read the thread about fake AW's from 88evape) and from what I've read they are top shelf. Twice the cost of comparable eFest. Also getting a good charger for the 18650 and an eGo charger for the Vision Spinner II 1600 mah (as per your advice). I'm getting the mini davide for the vision and a Aspire Nautilus for the mechanical. I was going to go with a Innokin SVD or perhaps an iTaste 134 or 134 mini or Vamo 5 but then I'd need another 18650 battery, a bigger charger (the one I was looking at only charges one battery at a time) and another tank. was thinking about the regular davide or the iClear30s (I like the idea of 16 wicks). But the MVP 2.0 comes with all of that for $42 shipped from 101 vape. I figured, like you said, I could take it slow and learn as I go. No need to get most expensive, fanciest mod just 'cause. I've heard some good things about Sigelei and Innokin MVP's (I like the fact that I can charge my phone through it if necessary)

But who knows, all of that could change by tomorrow. I've read that the Nautilus and the Davide were the two best Tanks but the Mechanical and AVP are up in the air. My mind changes almost daily. I think I just need to buy something, you know, start somewhere and sort of go from there.

I've got juice picked out from Mt. baker, Fadora and TVR. Was going to order a little over 100ml from them. Then I was gonna pick one or two more juice vendors and hopefully have it all waiting for me when I walk in my front door.

Edited by jerryjoe

I think I just need to buy something, you know, start somewhere and sort of go from there.

THAT is the hardest part... But, once you make that decision, you'll be happy (for a while, lol) Seriously, you've got the bug :)

There are so many choices out there with new stuff coming out everyday. You could easily go broke trying them all out, I know I could.

Go slow and take your time. I really think the Spinner is a good place to start, it was and is my favorite of all of them so far and has been for well over a year. :)

Spinners are garbage IMO. I've had 4 go out on me in the past month. Ordered three and one was broken from the get go, so the vendor sent me another one. Before the new one arrived the other two were already pretty much toast (button would work about %30 of the time on one, and the other had to be shaken every 5 minutes to get it to fire). Received the new one and it gets super hot on the bottom when firing sometimes, also has the same connection issue as the previous one. Mind you each of these batteries was shipped directly from Vision.

A lot of people swear by them, but IMO the quality is awful.

EDIT: These are the 1st Spinners that I am talking about, hopefully the Spinner 2 is better!

Edited by mvince201

I have in Vision Spinner

4 1300mah all over a year old. A couple have been submerged in water. They still all last me 18-24 hours depending on how I vape. 0 issues

4 650mah only about 3-4 months old. Last me 10-12 hours. Mainly use these when I need a small piece to be a little stealthy

1 900mah about 4 months old that my wife uses so not sure how long it lasts bet there have been 0 issues

1 V2 1600mah and another on the way. When it arrives I expect to gift my Vamo to someone because it is the best Ego battery I have ever had my hands on.

If you had that many issues you probably got knockoffs or a bad batch possibly imo. That's the only logical way I could even conceive someone calling these garbage. I have only three items that have given me 0 issues since I started vaping over a year ago. Those are Vision Spinners, Anyvape Davide Minis, and KPT2. Everything else has had at least small issues.

Edited by bcartervol98

You guys are selling me on the spinners...

I don't have the need for any eGo style batteries at the moment, but once my current fleet of four start to die off, I'll probably be replacing them with Spinners!

Just curious....where do you guys get your spinners from? I was gonna buy mine from http://www.theveteranvaper.com

I think Tam gave me the link...or maybe it was someone else. Anyway, I'm a little more concerned about quality non-knockoff product with excellent customer service than saving a dollar or two. But if you know of a reputable site that are selling these Vision II's for a steal, hey, I'm not opposed to saving some green.

Just curious....where do you guys get your spinners from? I was gonna buy mine from http://www.theveteranvaper.com

I think Tam gave me the link...or maybe it was someone else. Anyway, I'm a little more concerned about quality non-knockoff product with excellent customer service than saving a dollar or two. But if you know of a reputable site that are selling these Vision II's for a steal, hey, I'm not opposed to saving some green.

I love Brian at Veteran but generally order my stuff from Sweet-Vapes.com because that is where I started and I am a loyal guy. They are the same price but Brian keeps a few colors where SV has them all. I do try to order something from Brian from time to time because he is such an awesome guy. If you are wanting Black or Rainbow colorsIwould order from him.

Just checked out sweet-vapes. I see what your saying...they have all the colors. was gonna go with one stainless and try it out. I know everyone (well, mostly everyone) is saying these are their go-to's, their workhorses, etc. I'm not saying they're not I just think that getting one of these and one mechanical (sigelei 24) and one innokin MVP is enough for right now. I plan on testing them with the roughly 200ml's of juice I have coming. With a mini davide for the spinner and a nautilus for the sigelei (the MVP comes with an iClear tank) I should be able to rate the vapes against each other. If the spinner stacks up I'll get a few more. I'm just finding it hard to believe a little ego style is gonna match vapor production of the mechanical mod or the innokin.

Just checked out sweet-vapes. I see what your saying...they have all the colors. was gonna go with one stainless and try it out. I know everyone (well, mostly everyone) is saying these are their go-to's, their workhorses, etc. I'm not saying they're not I just think that getting one of these and one mechanical (sigelei 24) and one innokin MVP is enough for right now. I plan on testing them with the roughly 200ml's of juice I have coming. With a mini davide for the spinner and a nautilus for the sigelei (the MVP comes with an iClear tank) I should be able to rate the vapes against each other. If the spinner stacks up I'll get a few more. I'm just finding it hard to believe a little ego style is gonna match vapor production of the mechanical mod or the innokin.

It will never match a mechanical for vapor production, but I cannot tell any difference between my Vamo and my Spinner V2 as far as vapor production goes, or my others as far as that goes. I just like them because I am not in a vapor production contest and at times I wish I could have less vapor (as my office fills up again and one of my employees walks in waving his hands in it lol). Mods and APVs are fine, most love them. They are just not for me because there is just more to go wrong and like I said a million times, I am a find what works and stick with it guy.

Once you hold and use the V2 1600mah Spinner you will not call it a little Ego battery I assure you lol.

Edited by bcartervol98