Weight Gain & Subsequent Weight Loss

Best of luck to everyone and their weight goals!

It would be interesting to see what vaping all these flavors does to our cravings, or what goes on in the brain while vaping vs smoking.

Exercising I assume would be much easier with vaping. I just don't see how vaping alone can cause weight gain.

Vape On!

-The Dream Warrior

Best of luck to everyone and their weight goals!

It would be interesting to see what vaping all these flavors does to our cravings, or what goes on in the brain while vaping vs smoking.

Exercising I assume would be much easier with vaping. I just don't see how vaping alone can cause weight gain.

Vape On!

-The Dream Warrior

My doctor said there are hundreds of chemicals in analogs that work as natural metabolism boosters and even though I am getting the nicotine that I crave these boosters are gone. Even though nothing else in my life changed....diet, exercise, etc... I still quickly gained weight but it is coming off now. Everyone's physiology is different.

i weighed 102 when i switched to vaping in feb 2013 and i now weigh 101. so no, i reckon. tho it's summer now and i always weigh a little less in summer.

I was 220 a year ago when I started. I am 220 now. I actually started back at the gym a few months ago and have stayed at 220. Feel much better, very fit like I was just a couple years ago. But its not from vaping. Even when I was a heavy smoker I would mountain bike all the time and it never held me back. I could mountain bike 50 miles in a day without being winded. On the other hand, I feel stronger and healthier overall now. It has been a positive change for me.

But in all seriousness it is bad to lose too fast. One of the core beliefs in the WW program is you should only lose a couple pounds a week. It is the healthiest way to do it and has been an amazingly easy lifestyle change for me. Outside climbing out of the lake back into the boat, a little swimming and not using the golf carts at work and walking everywhere I need to go I have added almost no extra exercise. I will when the weight stops dropping off on its own. I do not want to average over 3-4lbs a week. I wish I had started WW when my wife did a couple years ago and would have had I realized how easy it would be.

Edited by bcartervol98

When I stopped smoking and started vaping (nov 28), I weighed 265. And now I'm 230. However, I always weigh more in the winter time. But I haven't been down this low for a few years. Hoping this trend continues. Wish you new pants and belts bcarter! Keep up the good work!

Haha, good deal. You're gonna hafta change the thread title to "weight loss". Congrats on your progress!

Appreciate it man. Yea I would if I knew how to do it. I cannot seem to find a way to modify the title to include "and subsequent weight loss" lol.