Worst tanks and why?

Tam

I’ve been reading the comments in this thread and cannot understand the overwhelming experience with leaking and poor vape experience, but to say… While I’ve only been vaping for eight months, I’ve tried a lot of different devices and clearomizers. That being said, and without turning this into a review, here are some observations…

• Kanger Protank II
    • Excellent build quality
    • Consistent, Semi-cool vape
    • Medium air flow
    • Overall experience…good-excellent
    • Typical inconsistent Kanger coils
    • Never leaks
  • Kanger Aerotank Dual Coil
    • Beautiful craftmanship & form factor.
    • Tons of vapor
    • VERY warm vape, which one must like to appreciate this device.
    • Never leaks
  • Kanger Protank II w/Aerotank Base
    • Same Semi-cool cape w/air control. I like it.
  • Kanger Evod
    • Warmer vape
    • Only leaks when improperly filled.
  • Kanger Evod 2 Dual Coil
  • Kanger Protank Mini V1
  • Kanger Protank Mini V2
  • Kanger Protank Mini 3
  • Smoktech Pyrex ARO
  • Smoktech Pyrex Vivi Nova
    • Total PITA ***. Overall experience sucks. Top fed isn’t worth the grief of fill. Big mess.

This isn't finished as a motogp race is on and don't want to watch it recorded. If anyone replies to this, then I'll finish, otherwise....have a great Sunday!

I really favor the pro tank and the evod tanks because they are bottom fed and glass. I have learned the hard way to avoid anything plastic as I've cracked them from using citrus juices/acidic juices in them. I've had my pro tank for over a year with no problems other then a little spitting if the juice gets really low or when I am in need of changing a coil.

• 1 month later...

I have owned several tanks:

Vision Vivi Nova: hated it. Dry hits, super leaky. Bad taste (but that may have been the juice I was using at the time)

BCC Mega: One of the first bottom dual coil tanks, I believe. Coils are similar to EVOD/Protank, but instead of threading, they push in. Leaks like a sieve.

KPT2: I used this one for a long time, but leaky and gurgly and dry hits. Inconsistent coils. Building my own helped with dry hits and coil life but not leaks.

KPT3: Still leaky but not as bad as KPT2. Had to turn my wattage up to 12 (on 2 ohm coils) just to get any flavor, at the expense of dry hits.

Anyvape Davide with Aspire BDC adapter and coils: best so far. Rarely leaks, when it does it's operator error. Flavor is muted however. Tight draw, which I like. Difficult (but not impossible) to rebuild coils.

I have a Kayfun clone coming, should be here any day now...

I've not experienced any leaks from my KPT2's, and the occasional gurgle is usually fluid under my drip-tip (easy to remedy). I've never had a dry-hit from them either... but I keep my Wattage down below 9 (currently setting on 8.0W), and don't chain-vape them either... so the wicks have time to recover between hits.

My AeroTanks pop and crack at times, but all my dual-coils do that unless I turn the V/W down on them... but then I lose flavor/vapor. So, I use my slightly thinner juices in those tanks (65/35), and they seem to work better... either that, or I found the sweet-spot for Wattage?

I've had one KPT3 mini that was a constant leaker out of the box... after the second time taking it apart, I found a defective o-ring at the top of the tank. Replaced it and now everything is fine with it.

I traded off my KPT2 minis because I like the KPT3 minis better on my eGo batteries... better flavor/vapor.

I still have two EVODs as back-ups (plastic tank, single-coils), and several Ce4's for extreme emergencies, lol. The Ce4's have great flavor and vapor, but are a very tight draw and have hot-hit due to coil being at the top. Other than the hot-hits, being disposable, and plastic tanks, I really have no complaints on those either.

I have three iClear's... two 16's and a 30... and just don't like them at all... they are magic, lol. They make juice disappear! The flavor was okay, but you can empty a tank in less than an hour of casual vaping.... (and I'm not a fan of plastic tanks).

So, overall, I really like my Kanger tanks, and don't care for iClear's (at least the ones I've tried). I've not tried a Davide or a Nautilus yet, but someday I'll break-down and buy one of each just to see for myself if there is a real advantage to them.

The Volcano Tube Tank was the worst for me. The priming process is a nightmare, its too dry or flooded. Really picky about juices too, but the really bad thing is how the tank slides over the coil unit. Im bad about picking it up by the tank so it slides right off and juice gos everywhere! I had the 3.5ml one so im sure you can all imagine the mess.... Dark times they where. I liked Vivi novas but i enjoy cinnamon juices alot and they proved too eat right through the tank, more mess for me. Ive had a pro tank 3 now for about a month and im impressed so far with it, no issues too report on that. I have been interested in the drip style setups where you build coils ect. for a while but lack of knowledge has kept me from getting one so far. I hope being on here will help me with that within the next few weeks.

• 4 months later...

I got a Protank 2 as my first tank. I had used hubby's plastic tanks, and thought wow, this one will be awesome. But it flooded and spit juice up into my mouth. So I hated it. Started using hubby's plastic tanks again. (BCC Mega). Then got a Nautilus, which I loved, but gave it to my husband today when his broke. So I toyed with the Protank 2, and have been using it all day, and it works just fine! So I guess the moral of the story is, I don't have a worst tank yet. Guess I'm just too new to all this. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I think the worst tank is the Chinese ones because its cheap quality and it brakes very often. I like to buy the eStick atomizers because its dual core and it creates a huge vapor with amazing flavor. :-)

You think the Chinese ones are the worst yet the ones you linked are made in China :lol:

You think the Chinese ones are the worst yet the ones you linked are made in China :lol:

I am not aware of a single tank built anywhere but China. Actually the Provari is the only vaping item outside of liquid I know is made domestically personally.

Edited by bcartervol98

• 2 weeks later...

Worst tank so far has GOT to be my new arrival, the MacTank made by Macigs.

I got the tank for my 26650 VAMO Mod AKA The E-huge. It has a similar design style, with the ss pillars etc, and is very wide, as is my VAMO.

Right out of the box, I noticed the coil replacement screw is a reverse thread located on the bottom. This could be nifty, except it means the tank will unscrew itself if tightened past hand-tight... perhaps an anti-overtightening device but doubt it.

Then there's the inner tube, which normally is for air draw and a coil, but in the MacTank, the inner tube is made from the coil itself, and has many holes so the liquid just flows through. Haven't seen one using this design before, and now I know why.

The hits are hot, moist, and gurgly. Terrible. It only runs at 3.7 volts, and only after a lot of coaxing. The gurgling is not repaired by any conventional method, I.E., blowing thru the tube, etc.

I must say this is my biggest mistake in my vaping career, buying this tank. Well I bought it mainly for looks and that's what I got, just a looker. Doesn't work.

In comparison, my Aspire Nautilus has served me quite well for over 6 months solid with no problems. Wonderfully cool dry hits with cloud. Love it, and I don't think I'll find better without jumping in price range a severe step.

SO ! Warning ! Do NOT buy this tank ! You WILL be disappointed ! Heads up, vaportalkies !

sig3842.png

Edited by DJ Colonel Corn

---UPDATED REVIEW---

This is an addition to the review I posted on this thread.

So OK.

After entering my horrible review of the MacTank afixed to my 26650 Vamo Mod, I gave it another go this morning.

Voila ! It's working pretty darn well !

The coils, I guess, need quite a bit of time to soak up the liquid before this tank performs the way it should.

I'm used to 1.8 coils in my Nautilus, so using the 2.0s that are available for the MacTank took some extra voltage to satisfy.

Runs good at 4.2 volts.

So !

It looks good, (see pic), works pretty well ! I'd like a smaller airhole on it, so I'm going to try a generic airflow control head that should do the trick. I'll let y'all know about it.

Is it the fact it's a new toy, or am I really liking this tank ? Turned up the volts a hair more to get a good bite.

It's working great, and looking awesome.

Stay tuned and I'll let y'all know how long the coils last and how well this performs over the next month or so...

Happy Vaping !

e-huge_w_MacTank-flsh500.png

sig3842.png

• 1 month later...

Well, here's the update after a month I promised y'all.....

The verdict is......

Great tank, but a bit fragile.

I have NO idea why dropping it once broke it, there are NO missing parts, bent parts, anything.

I can't find a thing wrong with it, the main body of this tank IS the coil, which I of course replaced.

Sooooo if you get one just don't drop it, ha ha

I'm using the iClear 30s for now...it's a PC tank but it works well, better than my nautilus.

All the best !

sig3842.png

I think the worst tank is the Chinese ones because its cheap quality and it brakes very often. I like to buy the eStick atomizers because its dual core and it creates a huge vapor with amazing flavor. :-)

Are these what you're talking about?

http://shop.nikkisvaporbar.com/vaporizers/juicy-dual-core-atomizer-5-pack.e-liquid