Where I Am and where I'm Headed

Sitting in Dallas, waiting to get loaded with more shingles going to Springdale, AR for delivery tomorrow. Thats too close to the house on a wednesday. I only live an hour from there. I'd take the load home tonite, if it wouldn't get me in trouble with my dispatcher. Oh well. Maybe they'll keep me close to the house and get me home early friday! Got a lot of stuff on the honey-do list! Ugghh

can't ya remind them about this last weekend???

Oh...they know! Lol! My dispatcher is actually a friend of mine. I knew him before he moved over to being a dispatcher. He irritates me sometimes, but a lot of the times that I get a bad load, its due to the load planners, not him. He can only dispatch the loads he is given to him by the load planners. I vent TO him, not AT him.

He's a good guy and he gets frustrated at them as well. Because he's a company employee, he gets to go out on "ride-alongs" with me for a week every year, so he can see what its like from a drivers perspective. And 1 week out of the year, I sit with him in Des Moines, IA to get a feel for his job. My company offered me a job as a dispatcher out of our Joplin, MO office, but its just not for me. Too much office politics. Plus that'd be a 1.75 hour drive to and from the house.

Sitting in Dallas, waiting to get loaded with more shingles going to Springdale, AR for delivery tomorrow. Thats too close to the house on a wednesday. I only live an hour from there. I'd take the load home tonite, if it wouldn't get me in trouble with my dispatcher. Oh well. Maybe they'll keep me close to the house and get me home early friday! Got a lot of stuff on the honey-do list! Ugghh

that ever growing honey-do list lol. I'm out five weeks at a time so my list ends up being my second job lol

What a tease only a hr away from home, so close yet..

If he's a friend it was unavoidable -poop occurs and there was that silver lining.

Could you really sit in an office?

It'd be pretty hard I bet.

Guaranteed the honey do list will be there *wink*

They never got back with me. Which either means they thought it was a good idea and don't wanna give me credit or they think I've overstepped my position by telling them because they think all drivers are below their intellectual level! Sorry, had a bit of rant there! Lol

They think that because I'm a driver, I'm uneducated. Problem is, I have 2 bachelors. But education is not an indication of knowledge. I have a cousin who is a professor of microbiology that is dummer than a bag of hammers. Good at only his field of study, but can't balance a checkbook or figure out why he got screwed over on his home mortgage.

Of course, my degrees are utterly useless. Psychology and philosophy. I CLEP'ed the first 2 years of gen knowledge and double majored while active duty. I wanted to become a Warrant officer. But they closed out my MOS for reenlistment and promotion. Some days I wish I was still in. Blah, blah, blah.

Edited by Joshuab3687

Well, here I am in Gerald, MO waiting to get loaded with steel pipe heading to Little Rock, AR! Yaaaay me! Hopefully I'll get a reload quick and be able to get home before dark tomorrow! Can't wait to see my wife and dogs! Also can't wait to rip into the flavors Comp sent me!!! Its been a long 2 weeks!

But, I'm glad to have such good friends here on VT to help me keep things in perspective and not get depressed. I give my most heartfelt thanks for being a part of this forum and to the wonderful family of people here!

They both look absolutely...angelic in that picture, which tells me they're probably plotting something nefarious. :D

Sebastian is a pretty good boy. Unless you leave your underwear on the floor! Lol! He's really up in age now. He's almost completely deaf. But he can hear Sadie bark.

Sadie is a spoiled little turd! She can do something that just makes my wife mad, then turn around and give her the "but I'm a good girl" look. Totally gets her outta trouble. I swear, she has several facial expressions that she knows how to use! Lol

Can't you have fuzzy company in the truck?

No. :( My company has a no pet policy.