What have i missed?

blucavvy

Let's see... I believe most of us agree that we like Kanger Pro Tank 2s but the coils have been iffy lately as far as quality is concerned. The KPT3 (dual coil), is pretty good. We also agree that the first batch of dual coils sucked but after redesign -- they suck less. It's still probably a better bet to use the single coils on them and make them into a KPT2 instead.

We're still recommending Vision Spinners or eGo Twists to our noobs, half of which don't listen and go buy an advanced mod that they can't figure out how to use and then argue with veteran vapers about how it operates and then wind up taking our first suggestion to buy a Vision Spinner or an eGo Twist. These usually go away fairly quickly. Those noobs who do listen and ask intelligent questions and know how to actually spell out words instead of using text speeeeek 2 try 2 meke u c there pnt -- stick around and add to the community. We have a fair number of really great new members now. :)

Also, we're still trying to impress upon the noobs that there really isn't a "best" out there, just a what's "best" for you. I think they think we're lying to them and not giving up our precious intel about the best tank, the best battery/mod, the best juice, the best American made nicotine, the best throat hit, etc. Lather, rinse, repeat. :evil:

Did I leave anything else out, guys and gals? I think I hit the main points. :lol:

ETA: Oh! And just so you know, Blu, I've finally got the hang of direct dripping and have brought a few of our new members into the fold. Thanks for all your help when I was just starting. Now, I'm working on building my own coils.

Edited by Tameiki

What you missed is TAM BUILDING HER OWN COILS. She bought a torch!. We're looking forward to pictures. You're just in time.

Jeffb has been awful quiet lately. I'm sure he'll chime in.

:)

And your post is still going strong...

Edited by Bebop12

Tam may have bought a torch but she still hasn't been able to fill the damned thing with Butane. Lol! The can hates me and is fighting back. You're all safe at the moment. Eventually, if I ever get the thing filled I'll be sure to give you guys warning so you can duck and cover... :D

As with many technologies, in the beginning, we focus on the technology itself. Just having it is good enough that we're willing to sweat a little to get it. Once the technology takes off, competitors emerge and a feature war ensues. Products become packed with more and more things to set themselves apart from one another, but eventually they all reach feature-parity. They all do the same thing equally as well. Think cell phones - at some point they all had the same camera, the same connectivity, the same display. Its then that someone changes the experience of using the technology. The iPhone didn't have any new features (arguably), but it changed the way we think about using a cell phone and it also provided more value through the system of connected products.

Today, I think we are beginning the feature war in vaping.We have had the tech for a while, it's evolving. Manufacturers are improving the reliability and ability of their devices. Some are even starting to focus on the vaper, not the vapor and thats where we will see new experiences.

I see a sea change coming - battery sizes are fluctuating, mods and coiling are becoming much more niche, people are tired of the maintenance. I think this year we will see a new range of devices, but not much of a shift in the essence. Sooner or later, someone will develop the iPhone of vapes. But maybe everyone's waiting to see what happens with regulation.

Rant over. That said..

I'm a convert to Aspire. The Aspire BDC just has so much less hassle than the KPT2.

http://www.vividsmoke.com/aspire-vivi-nova-s-bdc-glassomizer.html

I am also a fan of the Kanger Aerotank.

It doesn't suffer any issues - gurgling, leaking, flooding.. just works properly.

I have the aerotank on a nemesis clone, upgraded with a magnetic switch and new firing pins. No kick, 2.2ohm coil.

The aspire is on a vamo5 and that's my workhorse.

Both setups run with much less effort than my kpt2s or carto tanks, egos and the like.

Check my pinterest board. I pin a lot of the interesting new **** that comes out. I see a lot of coiling devices today - things to make coiling easier, but I have to think we won't be making our own wicks and coils for long.

Got any ideas..?

Lol, Tam. Good stuff, i'm glad you got the dd'ing figured out. Guess i better get back on the grind and get some equipment going again. These v2's are killing me. Then again i have always been a sucker for 808's.

As far as helping you out, i'm just glad you got off the smokes and you've obviously become a valuable member to the community. :)

Luckily a new vapor lounge just opened up in town so i plan on spending some time down there to school them, surprisingly there prices are fairly competitive with online prices.