What creates a less pull 2.5 ohm coils or 1.8 ohm coils?

Patricia

As I understand the ohms thing, ohms is a measurement of resistance to current flow through something - such as the heating coil wire in your tank. The lower the resistance the quicker and hotter the coil can get, thereby producing more vapor at a faster rate than a higher ohms rated coil. Also has a chance of burning your coil out quicker, too. If you want easier "pull" you'll have to open up the air vents to allow more air to pass through and over the coil as you draw (suck). But, opening the air holes too much can be a little counterproductive, too. Too much airflow can cool the coil and keep it from heating the juice to optimum vapeing temp.

Define "pull"....

pull
verb: pull; 3rd person present: pulls; past tense: pulled; past participle: pulled; gerund or present participle: pulling
  1. 1.
    exert force on (someone or something), typically by taking hold of them, in order to move or try to move them toward oneself or the origin of the force.
    "he pulled them down onto the couch"
    (of an animal or vehicle) be attached to the front and be the source of forward movement of (a vehicle).
    • "the carriage was pulled by four horses"
    • take hold of and exert force on (something) so as to move it from a specified position or in a specified direction.
      "she pulled a handkerchief out of her pocket"
      synonyms: extract, take out, remove More
      "he pulled the bad tooth out"
    • informal
      bring out (a weapon) to attack or threaten someone.
      "it's not every day a young woman pulls a gun on a burglar"
    • inhale deeply while smoking (a pipe or cigar).
    • damage (a muscle, ligament, etc.) by abnormal strain.
      synonyms: strain, sprain, wrench, turn, tear; More
      "she pulled a muscle"
    • print (a proof).
    • Computing
      retrieve (an item of data) from the top of a stack.
      :lol:
Edited by Tameiki

it actually sounds like the air holes on the tank are getting blocked. when you have the tank on the battery, loosen the tank a 1/2 turn or so, that should open the air holes a bit better. if gently blowing through the tank when its off the battery, then the coil itself isn't blocked. sometimes, if loosening the tank doesn't work, then the coil itself can be blocked.

the lower resistance results in the coil burning hotter, resulting in the liquid heating quicker and adds to a warmer vapor.

I understand what you are saying. I have 6 KPT2s in rotation. 4 of them are perfect but two have distinctly tighter draws with the same liquid in them. I tried new bases, changing coils, and looked for a clogged air-hole but haven't found anything. When off the battery, they all are the same. Its when connected to my Vamo, Spinner, or standard battery that there is a huge difference. I just chalked it up to slight manufacturing variance and put liquids I use "every once in a while" in those two.

I understand what you are saying. I have 6 KPT2s in rotation. 4 of them are perfect but two have distinctly tighter draws with the same liquid in them. I tried new bases, changing coils, and looked for a clogged air-hole but haven't found anything. When off the battery, they all are the same. Its when connected to my Vamo, Spinner, or standard battery that there is a huge difference. I just chalked it up to slight manufacturing variance and put liquids I use "every once in a while" in those two.

I believe one of those manufacturing differences is the placement of the air holes.

I don't use a KPT, so I can't be absolutely certain, but the owner of the vape shop I go to has had me drill a couple holes in the adaptor cone of the KPT. If you're using an adaptor cone to fit the eGo batt, maybe that will increase your airflow. Looking at pictures of the KPT, I see a small hole on the side of the screw-in base. Possibly enlarging that hole might increase airflow a bit. You don't want to make a huge hole, so taking it to a jeweler might be best. Option 2 - could it be a clogged coil?

Thank you, I have thought about that. I took a needle and tried cleaning out the wholes you are talking about but it did not make any difference. It cannot be the coil because that was the first thing I changed. I do notice that if I unscrew it from the battery the pull gets easier. I think that by doing that I am giving those holes more room. Sometimes I will have it so loose I'm afraid the tank is going to fall off.

Thank you, I have thought about that. I took a needle and tried cleaning out the wholes you are talking about but it did not make any difference. It cannot be the coil because that was the first thing I changed. I do notice that if I unscrew it from the battery the pull gets easier. I think that by doing that I am giving those holes more room. Sometimes I will have it so loose I'm afraid the tank is going to fall off.

I'll help you in a bit, Patricia....hands full at the moment. :)

Patricia, have you checked to make sure the air holes in the post are clear? I'm curious about how this can be solved, because I'm having this issue in the last week with ONE of my tanks - and it hasn't happened before, and I've had them all since August.

Lol. I dont have 3 jobs, thank the gods, unless you count vaping. :)

Okay, i know you are using Spinners.

You have stated that the draw or pull is normal without the battery connected. You have also said it tightens up when you screw your tank on.

I need to know the exact tank you are using and if you are using a collar or "beauty ring"

Patricia, it's Troy that has three jobs. He has to support all four of those furbabies!

Bebop, while you are answering her question, I have the EXACT same situation happening with one of my KPT2s - on my eGos, my MVP, with or without the collar.

On hubby's provari, without the collar (obviously), it was so tight he couldn't draw at all. And yes, I can draw through it just fine when it's not connected to a device. This has gone on through um, four, five coils? See, at first, I thought it was the coils, even though I could blow through the coils just fine before I put them in, and I even cleaned the tank, thinking something might have gotten in the center tube.