What creates a less pull 2.5 ohm coils or 1.8 ohm coils?

Patricia

Ha! Bebop, interestingly enough, when I changed the coil in this tank yet AGAIN (I think this is the 5th coil change since the tightness started - but some of them were recycled coils), the tightness on mine cleared up.

Ha! Bebop, interestingly enough, when I changed the coil in this tank yet AGAIN (I think this is the 5th coil change since the tightness started - but some of them were recycled coils), the tightness on mine cleared up.

That's good news!

I get the same pull on any coil in my Davides it makes no difference what so ever on spinners or standard egos.

The draw will tighten or loosen depending on juice and level of juice in tank. Unless your clogging the wicks up they should be the same an extra turn or two on a coil won't make a bit of difference.

Just my 2p worth but I'm sure a lot of what is talked about on here is just physiological

Bebop,
Mine has mysteriously cleared up also. Now it does get tight. So tight I cannot get any vapor at all but then I loosen the tank from the battery it gets easier to pull. The looser I make the tank, the easier the pull (draw).

Bebop,

Mine has mysteriously cleared up also. Now it does get tight. So tight I cannot get any vapor at all but then I loosen the tank from the battery it gets easier to pull. The looser I make the tank, the easier the pull (draw).

Do the following:

1) raise the post on your battery a little

2) with your tank assembled, use a paper clip to rock the pin of the atomizer "out" a little bit so it hangs a little lower

3) screw the beauty ring down all the way then screw your tank on only until it makes contact with battery and it fires. Then, screw the beauty ring "up" to the base of the tank. Don't over tighten

You should be good

Do the following:

2) with your tank assembled, use a paper clip to rock the pin of the atomizer "out" a little bit so it hangs a little lower

Except I'm pretty sure Patricia uses ProTanks. With those, the "pin" of the atomizer is of course, the coil, and you have to screw it out a little, you can't rock it out with a paper clip. But definitely check the air holes in the post.

Except I'm pretty sure Patricia uses ProTanks. With those, the "pin" of the atomizer is of course, the coil, and you have to screw it out a little, you can't rock it out with a paper clip. But definitely check the air holes in the post.

Im not sure I understand - its the same coil...

The pin I am referring to is the bottom piece on the coil that is poking thru the bottom of the assembly.

Edited by Bebop12

Ok spydre if you flip the base over and look at the stem that actually screws in you can see a slotted piece inside the stem. It's not actually touching and that, in fact, is how you actually remove the old coil to rebuild them, you can wiggle it down from the actual "coil" and it will make contacted with the center post on the battery sooner. I suspect the stem is a little longer then all the rest or the coils you had were pushed together more forcefully when they did the pressure fitting for the tops. They only have to meet a certain tolerance and as long as it's within the tolerances it's passed along. Anyway what bebop said it a pretty sure and easy way to clear up the holes being blocked by the battery, not something actually being in the holes. And if you had read all of the posts spydre she said she already tried to clean the holes out with a needle but found nothing impeding them.

Ok spydre if you flip the base over and look at the stem that actually screws in you can see a slotted piece inside the stem. It's not actually touching and that, in fact, is how you actually remove the old coil to rebuild them, you can wiggle it down from the actual "coil" and it will make contacted with the center post on the battery sooner. I suspect the stem is a little longer then all the rest or the coils you had were pushed together more forcefully when they did the pressure fitting for the tops. They only have to meet a certain tolerance and as long as it's within the tolerances it's passed along. Anyway what bebop said it a pretty sure and easy way to clear up the holes being blocked by the battery, not something actually being in the holes. And if you had read all of the posts spydre she said she already tried to clean the holes out with a needle but found nothing impeding them.

Goof, my problems were fixed. The only thing we can think is it was a series of bad coils, including new ones, because once I got the 2.5 coils, I missed my 2.5 resistance, plus I was still tired of fighting to draw off it, and the problem fixed it. As far as me mentioning the holes, someone else said that before me.

The center post thing, I'm repeating what was told to me by my SO, last time I had a KPT2 problem - he looked at it and said there was no way to shimmy it down, or whatever, and that was the coil, but he did try to screw it so it would come down, and it didn't work.

EDIT: I need to get my own tweezers so I don't have to keep asking him to use the tweezers on his Swiss Army Knife.

Edited by spydre

The center post thing, I'm repeating what was told to me by my SO, last time I had a KPT2 problem - he looked at it and said there was no way to shimmy it down, or whatever, and that was the coil, but he did try to screw it so it would come down, and it didn't work.

EDIT: I need to get my own tweezers so I don't have to keep asking him to use the tweezers on his Swiss Army Knife.

Well, all I can say is you and your SO either do not understand or are trying to do something else because you Definitely CAN pull the pin out. It's part of how you rebuild coils. As I medic says, it's only press fit and the manufacturing tolerances are not that precise. :)

Well, like I said, that came from my SO. He had no problem performing the maneuver on one of my evods.

I don't know if we ever figured out what the problem was on that particular tank, but it worked after I changed the coil. But he is fond of saying something to the effect that if you reboot your PC after a BSOD yeah, it works again, but it hasn't fixed the problem. Although in this case, I'm pretty sure it was the coil.

Yep, the new coil was a little longer (not compressed)

I would suspect that tightening the tank to the beauty ring compressed the coil leading to minimal airflow. Either way, easy fix.