okay, I Give! I Give!

Bebop

I have never been one to argue steeping was bs. To each his own. Many of you swear by it so I never refute it. I personally have never had a juice improve with age....

But....

2 months ago I bought 30mls of a cappuccino which I tried in a local B&M and loved. Took it home, cracked it open and it was next to the worst thing I have ever tasted! Vile! Perfume! Doo doo! I almost threw it away....

But I didn't, uncapped it (I have faith in you) and let it sit for a few weeks, spotted it on my shelf, capped it and put it away and pretty much forgot about it.

Yesterday I was cleaning out my vape box, found the cappuccino and decided to give it a try...2 months after I bought it.

It was awesome! WTF?! No, really, it tastes great.

I will never scoff and scowl behind your backs again.

I can't believe it! I'm converted! :)

Silly Bebop. We wouldn't lie to you -- much. :evil:

Some juices just really need that extra time. Others? Not so much. Each juice is different, but I've found that steeping really helps if it's not good right out of the mailbox. :)

I gave away alot of juice back in the day that I'm sure I would have liked if I had let it steep. Ended up with alot of other flavors I like anyways. On the flip side of that though I do have some that I like better when they are fresh. Guess if you like it, vape it. If not put it away and revisit later.

I was converted after a couple of juices tasted like dreck, or near dreck, when I got them home (but tasted wonderful in the shop) and then after steeping a few days or week tasted wonderful. Most of what I buy doesn't have to steep, or steep much.

But these samples from EC Blends - man, every single one of them had practically no flavor when I opened the bottles. A month has gone by now, and the only one I've tanked up so far, it's not something I'll add into my line up, but it's kind of a dark, smoky flavor (I think I tasted a DK tobacco similar to this, but I haven't tried my dk sample from EC yet), so I'll finish out the bottle. I may just work through the bottles one at a time. Since it's December (3 birthdays - a MIL and two teenage kids - and Christmas), I can't burn through coils any faster than I am - and that's with recycling them until they die. (Golly, off an eGo battery, I had ONE KPT go through 3 2.5 coils in two weeks. I about blew my stack. The last time, well, it was running airy for days before it finally just stopped.)

I don't think I have ever had to steep anything. The EC blends that I have bought never needed steeping. Of course I didn't order them from their site, picked them up at a B&M. So the steeping time could have happened during shipping and sitting on the shelf. Hard to say though, the turn over on their stock is pretty quick in that store.

I have to laugh a little about the whole steeping thing. But I wouldn't toss a bad tasting juice before giving it a go. Could save a juice from going in the garbage.

I honestly thought that steeping was just something that "fancy" vapers do to enhance flavor. Sometimes, it's hard for me to really taste EVERYTHING in a flavor, but I've certainly picked up on a few flavors that NEED to steep overtime of expanding, and I get it.

I think we all have that realization at some point.

It's hard to put a new flavor away for weeks, or even months at a time, and forget about it.

That's where buying over time and having a rotation comes in. If you have a rotation routine going you can have some steeping while your vaping what has been steeped. When a bottle is steeped and ready to vape is when you order a new bottle so your having it steep while your enjoying the one that is ready to go. ;)

I don't think I have ever had to steep anything. The EC blends that I have bought never needed steeping. Of course I didn't order them from their site, picked them up at a B&M. So the steeping time could have happened during shipping and sitting on the shelf. Hard to say though, the turn over on their stock is pretty quick in that store.

I have to laugh a little about the whole steeping thing. But I wouldn't toss a bad tasting juice before giving it a go. Could save a juice from going in the garbage.

ECblends retail line is pre steeped and made in bulk batches, where individual orders are made as they come in...Almost all suppliers are going with a "born on " date, should be on the label, and then you can tell how old your juice really is....

Edited by Aquatroy

ECblends retail line is pre steeped and made in bulk batches, where individual orders are made as they come in...Almost all suppliers are going with a "born on " date, should be on the label, and then you can tell how old your juice really is....

Just looked at the bottles I have. No "born on date." It does have the bottle and lot numbers listed.

Bebop, I am glad to find someone, besides myself, who likes the cappuccino flavor and more importantly someone I'm sure who has tried many different sellers and flavors. The only one I have found that I like is Vape Dudes Dudacino. I was wondering if you have any recommendations on some others I should try.

Hi patricia

The cappuccino I'm talking about in this thead is extremely close to dudaccino. When I get home today I'll post the juice maker. I dont recall the name off hand.

If you like sweet, creamy coffees then I would also recommend:

Victory Liquid "Oh Latte"

Mystic Palace "Brazillian Coffee"

Golden Gate Vapor " Carmel Macchiato" (if you like caramel only)

Highbrow Vapor "Cappuccino Diablo" (my ADV :) )

Victory liquid is a bit pricey but its a premium juice. The rest are very reasonablly priced.

Hope that helps!