Looking hard at a K100 Mech mod. Any reason not to buy it?

Hi all,

Found a deal for a K100 full kit for just over $30.00. Is this a good deal (most of the reviews say that the charger and battery's are pretty low end)??

I did a search on this site and found a lot of threads that state that the K100 is a great starter mech mod. But they were older. Anything change?? I like the full kit with battery's and charger to see if I like a mod like this before I spend more on a good battery's and a good charger.

Thanks for for looking,

SV

Hi all,

Found a deal for a K100 full kit for just over $30.00. Is this a good deal (most of the reviews say that the charger and battery's are pretty low end)??

I did a search on this site and found a lot of threads that state that the K100 is a great starter mech mod. But they were older. Anything change?? I like the full kit with battery's and charger to see if I like a mod like this before I spend more on a good battery's and a good charger.

Thanks for for looking,

SV

I have sen a few in the shop, and good recs, Tameki (who currently is on the road, calling me names, under her breath...) won one at at meet a few ago and likes it....

I would offer up a link to this $30 kit. I highly doubt it is an authentic Kamry at that price, but the K100 clones of clones are usually only sold individually, not offered in a kit. Either way, I would buy everything separate. You can find great deals on the K100 all over the place. Get yourself some good batteries and a good charger, as they are the most important aspect for any mechanical mod. Don't ever skimp on the batteries.

All that aside, the K100 is a solid beginner mechanical. I would definitely recommend it to someone looking to enter the world of mech mods.

As for SlowTech, expect delays with any orders containing batteries. It's not FastTech's fault about the holdups, its HK customs. Some get lucky and receive their order within 2 weeks, but they are few and far. Others end up waiting months for their order.

I have sen a few in the shop, and good recs, Tameki (who currently is on the road, calling me names, under her breath...) won one at at meet a few ago and likes it....

Oh no, Troy. I was not calling you names under my breath while stuck in Denver traffic for several hours.

I was saying them out loud. With a good bit of volume. Lol. :D

Anyway...the K100 I won at a vapemeet a few weeks ago is a solid mechanical mod. If it's a real K100, then the $30 price is a great one. Most of these kits go for an average $50 or so. The two batteries that come with it are...okay. Not spectacular but not bad. I prefer my 18650 protected Panasonics, however. As for the charger that comes in the kit? Throw it away and get a real one that'll last. The extra cost is more than worth it to replace the charger for one that actually works. :)

One more thing I forgot to add. I noticed an increase in performance in the mod when I replaced the stock battery with my Panasonic. The mod performed much better with the better battery. I don't think it was just my imagination because I tried it with the stock battery and back and forth. The better battery makes the mod work better. :)

Edited by Tameiki

Thanks for all of the replies. I pulled the trigger and purchased the unit. Hard to pass up. 101vape.com is the site. It says it's genuine. I realize that the batts that come with are not that good but can I at least use the unit with them for a bit?? I bought this with the idea of the long sell for the wife. Once i get a mod then "I have to buy" better battery's later on because all of you said that they are crap. It's a tried and true plan ( I keep a salt water reef tank and the list of have to have's is large. Lol). But I have to be able use the unit as purchased for a bit to make it work. So is this kit useless as is??

Edited by Sweatervest13

Oh no, Troy. I was not calling you names under my breath while stuck in Denver traffic for several hours.

I was saying them out loud. With a good bit of volume. Lol. :D

Anyway...the K100 I won at a vapemeet a few weeks ago is a solid mechanical mod. If it's a real K100, then the $30 price is a great one. Most of these kits go for an average $50 or so. The two batteries that come with it are...okay. Not spectacular but not bad. I prefer my 18650 protected Panasonics, however. As for the charger that comes in the kit? Throw it away and get a real one that'll last. The extra cost is more than worth it to replace the charger for one that actually works. :)

One more thing I forgot to add. I noticed an increase in performance in the mod when I replaced the stock battery with my Panasonic. The mod performed much better with the better battery. I don't think it was just my imagination because I tried it with the stock battery and back and forth. The better battery makes the mod work better. :)

Perfect. That's what I was looking for. You are the best.

Perfect. That's what I was looking for. You are the best.

The batteries that come with are acceptable. With better batteries come better performance, at least that's been the case in my experience with these. I still use the stock batteries on occasion so you can use these to start. The charger is a different matter altogether. I've been reading that some of them get very hot when in use. Just to be safe I'd get a better charger right away. You can wait a bit on the batteries. :)

Thanks for all of the replies. I pulled the trigger and purchased the unit. Hard to pass up. 101vape.com is the site. It says it's genuine. I realize that the batts that come with are not that good but can I at least use the unit with them for a bit?? I bought this with the idea of the long sell for the wife. Once i get a mod then "I have to buy" better battery's later on because all of you said that they are crap. It's a tried and true plan ( I keep a salt water reef tank and the list of have to have's is large. Lol). But I have to be able use the unit as purchased for a bit to make it work. So is this kit useless as is??

No, the kit is not useless. You will be glad you purchased it. It gives you plenty of time to upgrade when you feel the need to. Congrats on your first mech purchase! At $30 it's a no-brainer, even if it were a clone of a clone.

No, the kit is not useless. You will be glad you purchased it. It gives you plenty of time to upgrade when you feel the need to. Congrats on your first mech purchase! At $30 it's a no-brainer, even if it were a clone of a clone.

Cool. It says its

Genuine Kamry K100 full set

Here is a link. I think its legit, but I am still pretty new. Can someone take a look and confirm that its the real thing (just a clone, not a clone of a clone, lol)?

http://101vape.com/29-kamry

Either way I am glad I picked it up!! Now I think that I need a RBA or RDA or some thing to go on top. Right now I have a bunch of KPT2's and Evod's. Any recommendations on Rebuildable's?? Should I look into a kick (kinda defeats the purpose of a Mech, right?)?

Anyways, thanks for all the helpful advice gang!!

SV

I have an RSST, and like it a lot. It's simple to build on and is recommended for a beginner RBA. Just be sure an get a replacement tank incase it cracks from juice with high PH. If you are going to use the KPT I would suggest purchasing a Kick. It keeps you within your limits, unless you plan on going sub-ohm.

Personally, I see no need to get an RDA or RBA for it as my KPT2 is amazing with the K100. If you want, you can get whatever, but I'm enjoying it just as is without a kick or anything else. :)

Great!! Good to know that the KPT2's work well and I do not need a kick. Thanks!!

I have an RSST, and like it a lot. It's simple to build on and is recommended for a beginner RBA. Just be sure an get a replacement tank incase it cracks from juice with high PH. If you are going to use the KPT I would suggest purchasing a Kick. It keeps you within your limits, unless you plan on going sub-ohm.

I have heard good things about RSST's. I'll check them out more. I think I need more research on kick's.

No sub-ohm'ing... Yet.. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Nice 101vapes always has great deals. They buy the rest of the limited stock of a run from a supplier and sell it for pennies on the dollar since they paid even less then that. :)

I'm sure authentic since yet have a pretty good rep with the community. However be VERY careful not to stress those batteries. Read up on batteries and their performance before you do any sort of rebuilding and learn how to identify signs of wear on them. Also a multi meter will do wonders for you at the start.

Welcome to the mechanical world. :) I love it here, and I live in sub ohm land 90% of the time. Lol. :)

However be VERY careful not to stress those batteries. Read up on batteries and their performance before you do any sort of rebuilding and learn how to identify signs of wear on them. Also a multi meter will do wonders for you at the start.

Would you explain a little more of what you mean by "stressing" the batteries?

Well there are basically two ways that you can stress a battery. The first is over draining your battery. You shouldn't drain it past 2.5 volts. If you do you can "kill" the battery, meaning you will lessen or possibly even damage the battery to the point that it can not be recharged. Secondly is the amperage rating. If you are drawing to many amps for the battery to handle it can possibly vent and cause thermal runaway. That is where if the mod is not vented properly it can explode. The only way you would stress a battery that way is by rebuilding a coil that is too low of an ohm in resistance for the battery to safely power/heat up. Does that make any sense?

Makes perfect sense.

One of thecharateristics of lithium ion batteries is they dont like to be fully discharged. That is why we have the auto cutoff in the ego or spinner style batteries when the output drops to a certain voltage. When your ego/spinner battery "dies" it actually has about 40% charge left in it but depleting it fully destroys the battery's ability to recharge. Hence the shut off circuitry when the battery drops to a certain voltage. This is built in on the ego style battery but is not a feature of the batteries used in mechanicals.

I will for sure research more on batteries.

But my main take away's are:

Do not drain the battery down too low before recharging.

And Do not go with a low resistance coil or sub-ohm coil ( saw a good video last week showing the max discharge amount for a particular ohm coil if you just kept the fire button down until the battery ran down verses what you could go up to if you just fire the battery for 5-7 seconds, it was very helpful) for these cheapo batteries.

Sound about right?