Flavor progression

ChrisP

Hello :)

I just can't get away from the tobacco/coffee/sweets.

Do some people stay in this part of the flavor spectrum or is it that I'm new and my taste will migrate to fruits later?

I wonder is their a, "Standard", of progression in ones juice choices?

I've tried a lot from Vape Dudes: Strawberry Fields, Apple Pie, Blue Honey...just can't stray from dousing it with coffee.

Wish I could open up to flavors with less corrosive quality's. I'm changing coils too often I believe.

For the longest time I was like you. Coffee, tobacco and dessert type flavors only. Occasionally, I would find a fruit flavor that was good the first time around, then blah. Recently my palate has changed and I am finding fruit flavors to be enjoyable for a good portion of my day. At the end of the day I still find myself wanting to vape my old flavors.

I started out on VapeDudes and loved a few of the first flavors I ordered. This was, of course, only compared to the flavors at the cigar shop at the mall as that was all I had tried. I do not like anything coffee, chocolate, dessert, nothing like that. I vaped VapeDudes Spearmint, Candy Cane, and Strawberry Fields almost exclusively for a while. I thought all their tobacco flavors sucked just being honest. Then I found Sweet-Vapes and they were a step above VapeDudes on their flavors in that I liked all of them I tried at least a little. I probably gave away 300ml of 10ml bottles of VapeDudes liquids I didn't like and only found a few I did. With sweet-vapes the ratio of good vs bad was WAY better. Their Traditional Tobacco was the best tobacco I ever tried. Not long after that I realized I was getting tired of the tobacco flavors. Probably the biggest eye opening experience for me with regards to flavors was our first forum organized tasting of "Unicorn Blood" from Fuzion and it was a whole new world. Taste is subjective, but their flavors blew my mind. Then a new shop opened in my area that has some great flavors and good people running it called Vintage Vapors and now my VapeDudes bottles are collecting dust. I now have a 5 liquid lineup that are my daily drivers:

Unicorn Blood (Fuzion)

Endless Summer (Fuzion)

Dragons Tear (EC Blends)

Zombified (Vintage Vapors)

Apple Cinanna (Fuzion)

My palate completely changed over the course of 6 months, well in a couple days it will be 6 months. Things happen, we get our tastebuds back, and I think it will constantly evolve. That's why I no longer buy bigger than 30ml bottles from anywhere lol.

Your taste preferences seem to be kinda like your favorite color, taste in furnishings, life style ..... it is what it is and probably won't change much. Probably wander around looking at others, but come back to your personal comfort zone. Maybe with a few minor modifications, maybe not.

Been vapn' over 6 montths and have tried a bunch of flavors, (cucumber/mint ... yow!) but keep coming back to my base ...... Captain Black with Black Cherry, and a strong Cappuchino with either carmel or vanilla. Have a number of flavors I hit occasionally just to break the monotony, but my regulars are always with me. I like the coffees, too so I intend to try an espresso with a back flavor. Putting together a DIY flavor assortment order so my venture into the flavor experiments won't be so expencive ....... $8.00 for a 10ml taste experiment doesn't sit too well with the pocket.

We like what we like. There's really no one size fits all with e-juices so no one can really tell you if or when your tastes will change. You may find a few flavors and stick with those for a long time, no problem with that. Use what works for you. If, or when it does change, try something new. You might be surprised at what you like to vape. I certainly was. ;)

In the beginning I liked fruity flavors, still do, but the kinds of fruit has changed. Then, I went nuts over coffee flavors. Now, not so much. Then it was bakery flavors and so on. It's constantly changing even now, but I've found a few that I like consistently. For now.

Don't worry that you're not on some schedule for changing flavors. Only you will know when or if it's time to change it up. Until then just enjoy what you're vaping. :D

I'm not the best person to ask about this because of a couple issues (you can check the history of threads I've started to see my issue), but I don't know how long you've been vaping, but the longer you are away from analogs, the more your tastebuds begin to heal. Sometimes what tastes good in the beginning, won't taste good later, and vice versa. HOWEVER, sometimes you find a flavor, or flavors, that you can't pull away from, they keep drawing you back in, or they are your comfort zone.

There are a lot of things that I like food wise, that I don't like juice wise. But don't be afraid to experiment, either, occasionally, as your budget allows, get a sampler pack from a vendor of things that SOUND good - they may either be good or foul.

If you think you are changing coils too often (and I'm not aware of tobacco or coffee flavors causing that), firstly, how often do you clean out your tanks, and secondly, you may want to start cleaning your coils if you think there is a problem, doing a hot water rinse, soaking them in vodka or everclear, letting them air dry. It could be you are just getting gunk built up on the coils, and they need cleaned more often than you are cleaning them. Then have back up coils that you can put in the tank while the other is air drying, and you can just rotate them until you are sure a coil has gone bad.

I mean, when you say you are going through some coils, are you talking about gurgling, leaking, etc.?

My problem of late is that all category's taste good to me/ ,not finding/ many that I am finding unvapeable. I do have my favorites which tend to be fruity and sweet but no extra sweetener or flavor shots for me please. I am trying to stave off purchasing anymore juice until I put a dent in all that I have on hand. It is hard to not order more because so many that I want to try while taste-buds are zinging. I know this could switch on me any minute but I am hoping it does not. Loving the vapes.

Like Tam said just enjoy the ride, experiment and dabble dabble.

Have you learned how to wrap your coils and replace the wick DiY is cheap enough and really not that hard to do. Lots of how to youtube videos for step by step instructions as well as on the VT forum

Well, I went to coffee flavors after I weened myself off tobacco flavors and they remain my favorite 6 months later. I've definitely enjoyed other flavors and I have some favorite fruits and bakery but coffees are my all day vapes and I dont see any major changes coming.

I'm happy where I am. Dont see anything unusual about that at all.

OK so no real pattern to be expected. I'm a couple months in with vaping. I use an RSST on a clone Bagua and my coils go fast with my choice in flavors. Hence my need for original post. I'll plan to dilute my juice. My latest order I've brought up the PG...will see.

Thanks for all the input!! Ya all Rock! Funny how at age 46 I kinda needed others to bless my staying with coffee and also expanding my tastes :)

OK so no real pattern to be expected. I'm a couple months in with vaping. I use an RSST on a clone Bagua and my coils go fast with my choice in flavors. Hence my need for original post. I'll plan to dilute my juice. My latest order I've brought up the PG...will see.

Thanks for all the input!! Ya all Rock! Funny how at age 46 I kinda needed others to bless my staying with coffee and also expanding my tastes :)

For me, I don't think there is much of a pattern. Well, a couple of "tobacco" flavors - 618 which is a local blend, "honey wood", which doesn't really taste much like tobacco, french vanilla tobacco (I tasted that before I fiund their regular french vanilla), holy grail ry4, kick ash tobacco blend - but the last two I didn't actually find until my seizures caused some flavor issues.

I used to vape milk chocolate flavor, but I have not been able to taste chocolate in vape (I can still taste it in food). I have banana chocolate, but I vape that now for the banana - it tastes more "banana-y" than my banana cream. I also vape irish cream, and sometimes hazelnut, papa smurf, I'm growing very fond of apple fritter. Um, no bake cake amd mint chip ice cream, but they taste different to me now, and probably differently than most people would taste them.

I have a couple of flavors that I liked in the shop, and for a few hours at a time, at most, for a few days, then didn't like them anymore.

I migrated around the various vendors buying sample packs, liking some juice from each vendor. I'm at a spot now where I'm only trying new flavors and vendors every once in a while as I have 5 or 6 juices that I love. Who knows what I'll be vaping next year, but I know what I will be vaping for the next month or so.

holy grail ry4, kick ash tobacco blend

I need to try a RY4! And think an EC Blend sample pack next too.

I'd be embarrassed to show how many bottles of juice I have. And carts filled with unused samplings. Enjoying the ride big time. Cigarettes were never this fun lol.

Tam, I do remember vividly. The rich dark greens of pines to contrast the Aspens white bark and way way yellow leaves!! There (CO) and Canada's maples tie for best fall colors in my book :)

Yes that was a double "way"

I'd be embarrassed to show how many bottles of juice I have. And carts filled with unused samplings. Enjoying the ride big time. Cigarettes were never this fun lol.

I wouldn't be embarrassed about that, most of us probably have a large amount of liquid stashed like that. My supply at moment only consist the flavors I'm currently vaping but only due to the fact I payed a boat load of it forward instead if letting it go to waste.

I need to try a RY4! And think an EC Blend sample pack next too.

Tam, I do remember vividly. The rich dark greens of pines to contrast the Aspens white bark and way way yellow leaves!! There (CO) and Canada's maples tie for best fall colors in my book :) Yes that was a double "way"

Lived in Colorado forever, but it's hard to beat new England, up north back east, the huge arrray of color, all we got is Aspen!?,

I am in love with the RY4 from EC Blends. I have tried a lot of RY4 variations and this one is the best. I had to hide my bottle because I was going through it so fast. :D

Funny, I'm hiding a bottle today !

I am in love with the RY4 from EC Blends. I have tried a lot of RY4 variations and this one is the best. I had to hide my bottle because I was going through it so fast. :D

Perfect :) Bottle number one chosen tyvm BirdDog!

Lived in Colorado forever, but it's hard to beat new England, up north back east, the huge arrray of color, all we got is Aspen!?,

Funny, I'm hiding a bottle today !

Oh! Are we playing hide the bottle? I want to join in! :D

I planted a Maple (October Glory) in my yard. Wuv! Northern California I don't get that color shocking frost. Still......my favorite time of year!

Someone should start a new post: How bigs your hidden stash.

I planted a Maple (October Glory) in my yard. Wuv! Northern California I don't get that color shocking frost. Still......my favorite time of year!

Someone should start a new post: How bigs your hidden stash.

If you are looking for a maple with color, I would recommend a Japanese maple. We have two. Well, one was an accident, truly. The seeds took root and grew there. We've had a couple of trees do that. Anyway, beautiful red leaves throughout the yesr, though slightly different from the traditional maple shaped leaves. Ours are still youngish yet, so I don't know how big they'll get. Unfortunately, we are going to have to cut the older one down. Someone intentionally planted it right next to the house, where the roots will compromise the stone foundation. Or maybe when we get the fence extended, we'll have room to transplant it, unlike the Bradford Pear that the last tenant planted under a power line, and now the foliage SURROUNDS the power line, but we will have to get THAT one professionally removed.

I'm working on a longer response about the RY4, but that's downstairs, but it will be up in the morning, hopefully.