My moneys gone and I have nothing to show for it!

Patricia

I placed an order with FastTech three weeks ago and when I had not received it by yesterday I sent them this email. Following is their reply.

I placed this order on 8-24-13. That was 3 weeks ago. How late does a package have to be before FastTech corrects this situation? I really need some more supplies but I cannot place another order until I receive this order.

Sorry about the wait.We just get news below from Hongkong Post.

To safeguard aviation security, Hongkong Post does not accept the sending of air mail items (including Speedpost) that contain dangerous articles such as perfumery products, lighters and lithium batteries. Hence, all mail items entering the Air Mail Center are subject to x-ray screening. Recently, there is an increasing number of air mail items detected to contain suspected dangerous articles, in particular, lithium batteries, which lengthens the screening process. In this connection, air mail registration service, Mail service and Bulk Air Mail service may be subject to delay. Any inconvenience caused is much regretted.

Source: http://www.hongkongpost.hk/eng/publications/notices/2013/20130910a/index.htm

confirms that all battery/e-liquid airmail packages are being affected at this time. This includes HKP/USPS, and Singapore Post.

Here is what's happening:

Packages with primarily e-liquid and/or batteries in them are now more likely to get caught and get returned to us. We'll refund in those cases. If you have previously requested us to put you on Hong Kong Post only list, you may want to consider getting off that list to avoid the added wait time at Hong Kong Post.Again, until this loosens, there is a higher chance for packages consisting of only e-liquid and/or batteries to be returned to us by shipping carriers. When they are returned, we will fully refund customers and cancel their affected orders. We'll monitor and update as this situation develops.We apologize for this and thank you for your understanding.

It's the Chinese way of saying your stuck in Customs. And they are ramping up inspections due to global uneasiness. Our wholesaler has 300 shipments under holds at this time too. It happens, adds 4-6 weeks to shipping time..one of the chances you take going direct.

Reason # 344 I will not ever order from China and support American retailers. Its like spinning a roulette wheel whether you get screwed or not, and when you do, you have no consumer protection whatsoever. I will gladly pay the small premium to know who I am dealing with.

Well mine is in the Hong Kong black hole as well. And one thing some people fail to realize... The local or state side dealers are going to start running dry if this continues. They purchase the stuff from china and then we buy it from them. If they can't get orders through either... It doesn't matter how many we place with them, there will just be no product to sell. So I'm hoping the lifts soon and packages will be moving along here shortly. :)

Well mine is in the Hong Kong black hole as well. And one thing some people fail to realize... The local or state side dealers are going to start running dry if this continues. They purchase the stuff from china and then we buy it from them. If they can't get orders through either... It doesn't matter how many we place with them, there will just be no product to sell. So I'm hoping the lifts soon and packages will be moving along here shortly. :)

That's why I always have a ton of stuff on hand. I am lucky to be able to do that, but on hardware I could sustain myself for probably a year or longer at this point with what I have stockpiled lol. I might have to learn and take time to redo coils if it ever came to that.

Not trying to hijack but why haven't companies in the US started at least making the hardware? Are there not US made 18650 style batteries at all? I think Ego style batteries are exclusively Chinese made right?

Edited by bcartervol98

So that's why my latest FastTech order is taking so long to get here. I had four Li-ion batteries in my latest order because those damn greedy Americans want too much for theirs. Wait, what? There are no American made Li-ion e-cig batteries? They all come from China? Okay...that's why I ordered directly from China then. :yes

even if the battery were to be made in the US the raw material comes from china. The us is sorely lacking in rare earths and other minerals.

it's why asia is the leading battery manufacturers in the world. They have the supplies local to make them and cheap labor.

If you wiki manganese dioxide you will see that most of the output is from australia, china, asia and portions of south america.

There are no manganese outputs from the united states.

Lithium reserves are found in Bolivia, Chile, Argentina, Australia, and you guessed it China.

China has all the resources for producing the Lithium Ion batteries.

even if the battery were to be made in the US the raw material comes from china. The us is sorely lacking in rare earths and other minerals.

it's why asia is the leading battery manufacturers in the world. They have the supplies local to make them and cheap labor.

If you wiki manganese dioxide you will see that most of the output is from australia, china, asia and portions of south america.

There are no manganese outputs from the united states.

Lithium reserves are found in Bolivia, Chile, Argentina, Australia, and you guessed it China.

China has all the resources for producing the Lithium Ion batteries.

True, but it is a two way street, there are certain commodities that China can only buy in the U.S., like U.S. real estate and politicians.

true, but they are wrong to do so if they tell you that you can not ship it. Go to the USPS website. do a lot of digging and you will see that li-ion can be shipped via the USPS but they have to be done a certain way.

1. if contacts are not encased you need to insulate with non conductive material.

2. put each one a seperate bag/wrap to prevent them from contacting each other.

3. package them tightly so that they will not be damaged in shipment.

Pretty easy. It's also why i never actually go to the counter. I always just buy the box. make it up at home. buy the postage required for priority mail and ship by placing it in the boxes bin.

True i spend a little more shipping that way but since it's going to family and not for profit i don't mind

So they are setting up for Obamas NEXT war maybe? "Remember The Batteries!"

"The war to end all battery shortages!"

"Obama:Why haven't you launched those missiles I ordered? Sir, Those missiles need batteries that only come from the enemy and they wont send any!"

You can be sure that some rich Chinese corporations are going to bribe or kill people until they can get product thru shipping again. They are getting used to having cash flow. It may just take a bit. Hold on.

Jeff and Edgie thank you for kindness and Spydre thank you for the virtual hugs. Yall are so sweet. Carter, what did you say your address is again? Enough supplies for a year and we are fixing to be cut off? :evil: LOL. It is very scarry that now that I have found the one and only thing that has ever helped me to quit smoking and now the only place where we can gets the batteries from is threatening to stop sending them to us. :veryangry: If I could afford to do it I certainly would stock up. But, on the positive side, like Sheepdog said they don't want all our money for batteries to stop coming to them so maybe it is all worry over nothing. :hope:

Plus Patricia, There ARE USA sources for various batteries that go into mods. Panasonic for one. Made and or sold in the US. It is only a matter of time before some one jumps in to take advantage of China's worries.

Japan would probably love to take over the evo battery business!

This is not unique to China. The last time I shipped a package to Texas via the local USPS I was asked if the package contained Li-Ion batteries.

They have been asking that for years with usps,

"Obama:Why haven't you launched those missiles I ordered? Sir, Those missiles need batteries that only come from the enemy and they wont send any!"

You can be sure that some rich Chinese corporations are going to bribe or kill people until they can get product thru shipping again. They are getting used to having cash flow. It may just take a bit. Hold on.

Ive read somethign on fast techs web site that said they were marking items as GIFT so customers wont have to pay duties on it -

to me thats crooked BUT shows they are will ing to do anything to sell their products .lol

true, but they are wrong to do so if they tell you that you can not ship it. Go to the USPS website. do a lot of digging and you will see that li-ion can be shipped via the USPS but they have to be done a certain way.

Didn't say you could not send them. Did you check the regs for shipping overseas which is more relevant to the topic?

Plus Patricia, There ARE USA sources for various batteries that go into mods. Panasonic for one. Made and or sold in the US. It is only a matter of time before some one jumps in to take advantage of China's worries.

gallery_15088_188_5637.jpg

Edited by Rixter

Bingo.

ok...that made me choke. i was drinking water when i read it and started laughing too hard!

Sorry Sub, but glad you liked it.

As even a blind squirrel occasionally finds an acorn, occasionally I find a funny......albeit a true one.

Personally, I never text and drive, drink and drive, or drink and read.......just be glad it wasn't hot coffee. smiley-happy088.gif

I don't know.....how about not shipping juice or batteries would be crossing the 'red line'?