Article on teen use of e-cigs

MACHOSTALLION

These articles are a little frusrtrating because they say SO MUCH without saying anything of substance. but the average news readers thinks he s reading significant facts about the subject but what is really happening is he is being "taught" how to think about e-cigs and to worry about them and thus relinquish the decision and control to others with their agenda. By pushing the "teen" button we re going to get a lot more oposition and a lot more vocal outrage about them where it isnt warranted.

I am not for a minute suggesting tobacco products be marketed to teens. I am stating that a legitimate problem is being inflated to cause hysteria over what is clearly a step in the right direction

I saw a news report on Fox News while I was home for lunch about e-cigs. The guy being interviewed, not sure who he was as it was the end of the segment when I turned it on, was saying how flavors like "Gummy Bear" and "Jelly Beans" were being "portrayed" as marketing to children. Then the host of the show said "OF COURSE thats who they are marketing to" and he sort of set her straight explaining how most adults that transition from smoking to vaping grow to detest the taste of tobacco and these flavors are just a way to satisfy their craving in a safer way without tasting tobacco. Overall I thought it was a very positive segment even though the host tried everything possible to make it negative.

I just watched NBC nightly news about the same thing. They even had a teenager vaping. They were going on and on about the flavors and how they are geared toward teenagers. Wow! I can't believe that they finally have millions of people quitting cigarettes or finding a healthier alternative and they are still going to find something to complain about.

I just watched NBC nightly news about the same thing. They even had a teenager vaping. They were going on and on about the flavors and how they are geared toward teenagers. Wow! I can't believe that they finally have millions of people quitting cigarettes or finding a healthier alternative and they are still going to find something to complain about.

PETA complains about fishing, Conservatives complain about Liberals and vice versa, people love to complain about things they do not understand.

I find the suggestion that e-cigs could lead to regular cigarette use pretty laughable. Hard to imagine enjoying an analog after starting e-cigs. I suppose it's possible, but how likely is someone going to switch to marlboros after vaping some fruity concoction. Not likely. If anything, an analog is gonna be pretty nasty, let alone harsh as hell after vaping some Unicorn Blood.

Regulation is going to happen. No doubt about that. It's the knee jerk reaction spawning unreason that pisses me off

I saw that, too. Whatever happened to parents putting their foot down about things their children shouldn't be doing? Kids do whatever they want to now and all parents can say is, "We don't like it, but what are we supposed to do about it?" How about taking some responsibility and saying, "ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!"

Has anyone seen the movie, "Idiocracy"? If not, you should...that's where this country is heading so you might as well get prepared.

Edited by Rixter

it's a tax thing and a big tobacco thing.

Both want their money!

turning america against them is the only way both can continue to make their bones on the analogs!

Think about all the lives that will be lost because of it. Makes me a sad puppy!

Why is it always something or someone else's fault? Where the hell are the parent and why aren't they watching their kids? If the kids are purchasing the stuff over the internet... Here's an idea, monitor your child and their internet usage. I know my local stores won't sell the stuff if your under 18. Here is another news flash... Kids also get cigarettes and beer, and drugs too... Nothing new happening here!

I don't even know where to begin...this is exactly why I hate watching the news. No matter what it is, you're getting a slanted view. This article did give a few numbers, which surprised me. However, it didn't say how many of those kids smoked analogs prior to picking up an e cig, only that some admitted to smoking an analog as well. I really don't even think someone can get addicted (easily atleast) to an e cig alone. It's lacking all the chemicals that help deliver it and get you hooked like an analog does. Unfortunately the majority of Americans believe this bs because it's coming from their beloved and trusted news sources that should absolutely not be trusted. So much ignorance. /rant